No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Sentenced To Six Months By Judge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    if that's the case then floyd has had a great hof career.. People don't realize what floyd is doing by continuing to fight is simply giving the fans a little more entertainment while he can because he's beyond "rich" already, floyd ain't gotta lace up ever again in his life...
    Floyd has a lot of money, but he also pisses away money very fast. So, how long will he be rich if he no longer earns money? Probably not all that long. The number of professional athletes that have made over $100 million in their careers and end up broke gets longer every year. See Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Scottie Pippen, Kenny Anderson, George Best, Mark Brunell, etc.

78% of NFL players are bankrupt within 2 years of retirement. I bet the number is even higher for boxers (who don't make as much money in general and spend like morons).

What will be more interesting to me is whether he ends up serving the full 6 months. Even though 90 days is suspended, if he screws up, he'll wind up serving it too. The way Floyd has been going the past few years, there's a good chance he'll have to serve all of his time.

Comment

• Nevada Justice

Mayweather gets sentenced to six months in jail for getting into an argument with his children's mother and threatening to give his own kids a whooping in a house that he owns. Nevada Justice, huh? I guess it is the same court system that convicted O.J. Simpson of kidnapping and armed robbery and sentenced him to 64 years in prison for trying to retrieve his own stolen property.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        lohan was given the same sentence and let out early on good behavior, just as floyd will...
        that's presuming he behaves himself!

Comment

• Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          that's presuming he behaves himself!
          Mayweather will behave himself by bending over for his inmates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
            will the 24/7 cameras follow floyd's journey in prison as he prepares for his may 5th bout? I hear he has the booty warrior and the tossed salad man lined up as sparring partners.

Oh yeah, almost forgot... **** bob arum, this is all his fault... Somehow. I'm sure he paid off josie and the kids to lie and the judge to hand out the sentence.
            Even though I find the situation to be complete bulls*t, this was damn funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by walter white View Post
              she lives in la though. They have a overcrowding problem in their jails. That's why she went free too early. I don't know if las vegas has the same problem.
              helll yea vegas has the same problem, very high unemployment, bad housing, high crime, vegas strip, vegas is a very dangerous city with a lot of criminals, i'm pretty sure they have overcrowding there, not as much as cali but enough...

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_ray View Post
                he'll be out of jail by the end of feburary. COUNT ON IT
                So the June date is still on to face Pacquiao?

Floyd is damn lucky to get away with this lenient sentence.

Comment

• I wonder if he'll get a tattoo on his face as well when he gets out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    exactly!!!

the guy plead guilty and got the maximum jail sentence, why else would he plead guilty?

pleading guilty usually means you get a better sentencing, but not this time.

Floyd knew, hes calculating.
                    Umm because then you have to go through a trial and if found guilty he was facing 34 years. The lack of education on these boards is scary. I really hope you're under 18 years of age.

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                      floyd has a lot of money, but he also pisses away money very fast. So, how long will he be rich if he no longer earns money? Probably not all that long. The number of professional athletes that have made over $100 million in their careers and end up broke gets longer every year. See mike tyson, evander holyfield, scottie pippen, kenny anderson, george best, mark brunell, etc.

78% of nfl players are bankrupt within 2 years of retirement. I bet the number is even higher for boxers (who don't make as much money in general and spend like morons).

What will be more interesting to me is whether he ends up serving the full 6 months. Even though 90 days is suspended, if he screws up, he'll wind up serving it too. The way floyd has been going the past few years, there's a good chance he'll have to serve all of his time.
                      don't believe the media and ******* hype, floyd ain't dumb, thats why he's the highest earning boxer in the history of the sport, also, floyds house is paid for and i think that's worth somewhere around 17-20 million alone! Floyd does bet a lot and he wins more than he loses contrary to belief, believe me, if floyd stopped boxing today he will never go broke, those assets floyd has can all be sold for millions, plus his bf is 50 cent.. Com on son dude aint neva goin broke...

Comment

Working...
                      X