No announcement yet.

Froch's camp announces 2 bouts against Bute in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch's camp announces 2 bouts against Bute in 2012

Carl Froch's consolation for losing the Super Six final and with it his WBC super-middleweight title will be two hugely enriching fights next year against IBF belt-holder Lucian Bute.

The second of those two opportunities to re-establish himself quickly as a world champion will also enable Froch to fulfil his ambition of fighting in his beloved Nottingham Forest's football stadium.

With rising American superstar

Bute, the Canadian-based Romanian, agreed to the two-fight proposal from Froch's promoter Eddie Hearn. The first fight is projected for Montreal in April, the return at Forest's City Ground in June or July. Froch said: 'That will be just fantastic. It's my dream.'

Hearn said: 'This must be the quickest and easiest deal we've done. We take the British end, they take the Canadian money and we split the rest 50-50, for both fights. Nice and simple.'

Bute was in the historic Boardwalk Hall to watch Ward's brilliant victory and his annoyance with some of Froch's earlier remarks helped clinch the deal.
    The Nottingham Cobra, 34, had accused Bute of enjoying an easy ride while the rest of the world's top super-middleweights have spent two years battling each other to a standstill in the Super Six tournament.

Bute, 31, said: 'My next ambition is to close Carl's big mouth. He is arrogant and has too much to say. The truth of the Super Six is that I was very disappointed not to be invited. While Ward deserved this victory my preference is still to fight Froch and teach him a lesson.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box....html?ITO=1490

Make it happen.

Ward can take a short break and target Bute if he wins.

Comment

THIS PROVES A NUMBER OF THINGS:

1. Regarding Bute not wanting to fight top opposition: BS!!! As soon as Super 6 was over he announced he wants to fight the winner....WARD REFUSED...SO Bute went for the runner up....

2. Regarding Bute "low-balling" other quality fighters because Bute is afraid to fight them: Froch just said it was the easiest deal ever which proves that Bute will fight anyone that is willing to fight him

3. Regarding Bute not wanting to leave Canada: The 2nd fight will be in England, last time I checked England is not in Canada (although Canada is a monarchy).

I think this will be agreat double-header but I don't think Froch knows what he is getting himself into...He is picking Bute for his "come back" ??/ I htink he is out of his mind...

Comment

Phantom: it is scheduled already...it IS happening.

I think Ward was right to take a break...Smart fighter. He will be able to disect Bute and will be prepared for him after Bute puts Froch into retirement

Comment

Originally posted by Asace View Post
          THIS PROVES A NUMBER OF THINGS:

1. Regarding Bute not wanting to fight top opposition: BS!!! As soon as Super 6 was over he announced he wants to fight the winner....WARD REFUSED...SO Bute went for the runner up....

2. Regarding Bute "low-balling" other quality fighters because Bute is afraid to fight them: Froch just said it was the easiest deal ever which proves that Bute will fight anyone that is willing to fight him

3. Regarding Bute not wanting to leave Canada: The 2nd fight will be in England, last time I checked England is not in Canada (although Canada is a monarchy).

I think this will be agreat double-header but I don't think Froch knows what he is getting himself into...He is picking Bute for his "come back" ??/ I htink he is out of his mind...
          Bute fighting the loser proves he wants to fight the best? LMAO

Comment

J.ONE he wanted to fight Ward but he REFUSED!!!
            Who the hell is he supposed to fight...PLease tell me.
            Kessler refused! Pavlik refused, WARD REFUSED...WHO ELSE???

Comment

See this is what I am talking about...No matter what Bute does, it is never enough...So any damn Bute haters...Even if Bute beats Froch and then Ward, there will always be some excuse...just wait and see

Comment

I'm a little tired, a little drunk; why would Froch's camp be setting up two fights with Bute? Generally you don't start discussing rematches before the first fight. There's rematch clauses but why would you say you're gonna fight a guy twice? Someone enlighten me..

Comment

2013? I hope you meant 2012

Comment

Fighting in April then the rematch in June or July. I'm not complaining as a fan but that's a quick turn around for the fighters. If this happen then awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X