No announcement yet.

Froch's camp announces 2 bouts against Bute in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
    i like ward, but this is what separates froch from guys like ward in terms of being a people's champ. . . no calculated risks. . fighting the best of the best back to back to back. . no "tune up" fights in between. . . or "stay busy" fights. . .

i bet ward will pull a bradley or a martinez. . or even a bute, and stay at home and fight guys who are carefully selected with the most name value and least risk.
    well said Froch could have took the easy way back and fought some no talent in England. to me this fight is 50/50 very winnable for Froch

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
      i like ward, but this is what separates froch from guys like ward in terms of being a people's champ. . . no calculated risks. . fighting the best of the best back to back to back. . no "tune up" fights in between. . . or "stay busy" fights. . .

i bet ward will pull a bradley or a martinez. . or even a bute, and stay at home and fight guys who are carefully selected with the most name value and least risk.
      Naah .. he is just more sellable because he is been in great fights.

Truth its most champs dont want to fight a guy with Wards Style. Tough, slick , fast and also kinnda dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
        Agreed...

And honestly if i were Bute i would fight Froch too, its a good purse and i think he has the style to beat him.

Ward its too good and he knows it, and also he doesnt bring that much money than Froch, he wont have anyone to fight anyways and a fight with bute in the future will cost more.

Honestly i dont see anybody beating Ward for a while.
        Ward said he didn't want to fight Bute unless the money was absolutely massive because, he said, Bute doesn't deserve a fight with him; and he also said that he didn't even want to think about his next fight for several weeks, he wants some time off first. And the money wouldn't be massive if it were held in NY, so the fight's effectively off the table until Ward is willing to be realistic about the money. (The money could be massive if it were held n Canada, but Ward would never agree for the fight to be held there).

Bute said before the fight that he wants to fight Ward at MSG next, but said that if that fight couldn't be made he wanted Froch. The Ward fight couldn't be made, or not in the short term, because Ward isn't interested in it yet, so he's gone for Froch. as he promised to.

Ward-Bute can still happen in late 2012. Ward will no longer have the weak resume excuse once Bute has beaten Froch twice, especially if he does so in style, which should also make the financial negotiations more straightforward.
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 12-19-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
          Agreed...

And honestly if i were Bute i would fight Froch too, its a good purse and i think he has the style to beat him.

Ward its too good and he knows it, and also he doesnt bring that much money than Froch, he wont have anyone to fight anyways and a fight with bute in the future will cost more.

Honestly i dont see anybody beating Ward for a while.
          Yup... and in the end it will be Bute-Froch in front of 20K @ the Bell Centre..... Evenly matched fight in which I think Bute wins.

and meanwhile, in Las Vegas sometime in the spring, Super Six Cup Winning, Unified, Fighter of the Year and Ring Champ Andre Ward will fight a stay busy fight in front of 885 paying customers in an otherwise completely papered house.

boxing economics 101

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I'm a little tired, a little drunk; why would Froch's camp be setting up two fights with Bute? Generally you don't start discussing rematches before the first fight. There's rematch clauses but why would you say you're gonna fight a guy twice? Someone enlighten me..
            Froch wants a fight in the UK and it's big money for both fighters

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            ''COME ON CARL YOU CAN DO IT CARL!! COME ON (gulp) - COME ON GET UP CARL !!''

A Rachael Cordingley story.
            Carl has been down once in his entire career and he got up to knock the guy out.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 12-19-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Translation: Bute will never fight Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
                Translation: Bute will never fight Ward
                Bute: "I want to fight Ward next. If that can't be made I want to fight Froch next and then Ward after that."

Ward: "Bute doesn't deserve to fight me next, he hasn't got a good enough resume. Anyway I don't want to even think about my next fight for a few weeks, I deserve some time off."

Bute: "Okay I'll fight Froch next, in that case."

Shiranui: "Translation: Bute will never fight Ward "

Haters will always be haters, I guess ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  I apologize then, i havent seen many saying that.

I think their rational for the 2 fight clause is why fight in neutral territory like NYC or Vegas when they can draw 8K and 17K in their hometowns, two big money fights and they're probably both weary of hometown judging so a fight in each country evens things. Based on the timeline they'll be done by July so winner could fight Ward Oct/Nov 2012, that's not bad.

It could look like this

Feb-Mar
                  Ward-Dirrell mandatory
                  Kessler-Steiglitz

Apr
                  Bute-Froch

Jun-Aug
                  Ward-Kessler (WBA,WBC,WBO unification)
                  Bute-Froch rematch

Oct-Nov
                  Ward /Kessler winner vs Bute/Froch winner (IBF,WBA,WBC,WBO)
                  Lol so basically have another super six instead of having the two top guys fight. Not liking that idea at all. A froch vs kessler rematch makes sense, ward kessler makes none.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Ward Fans : *** Bute, he doesn't deserve to fight Ward!!

*Bute signs to fight Froch*

Ward Fans : He's ducking Ward!!
                    *Bute beats Sakio Bika*

Ward Fans : Bika is B-Level. Not impressed.

*Ward beats Sakio Bika*

Ward Fans : Masterful performance by Ward.

Comment

Froch's run of fights is by and large the hardest run of consecutive fights in boxing out of anyone today.

Comment

Working...
                      X