No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward is Not a Puncher, But Physically He's Strong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Jim Watt kept saying "Ward is the stronger man inside, forching Froch back. We all thought it would be the other way around"

I kept saying to my friend "I didn't".

I did not for one second think Froch would be the stronger man inside. I knew Ward woudl control the fight on the inside and the outside.
    I swear sometimes I think jim watt don't know ****! Ian darke talks more sense then him on occasions and he's more of a football man. I hate jim's scorecards as well he always favours the home fighter, it's like ffs just score the fight impartially and on what's done in the ring not because of what's outside it

Comment

Agreed. I actually thought (& posted) before the fight that Ward would be the aggressor & Froch would be the boxer - like a poor mans Leonard Hearns - role reversal.
      But I was wrong, Ward was both the aggressor AND the boxer (until the last two rounds).

Comment

Screw Froch. All the **** he was talking before the fight... (yeah, i know he had to build up the fight) but all this "i'm gonna KO ward and walk right through him" crap. He got his as* handed to him

And people were actually picking against Ward. When are you guys gonna learn???

People complaining about him fighting in Oakland, using his head, saying he has no power and he's boring.

Ward's a beast ....he hasn't loss since he was 13 years old.... ACCEPT IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Best in Boxing View Post
          Screw Froch. All the **** he was talking before the fight... (yeah, i know he had to build up the fight) but all this "i'm gonna KO ward and walk right through him" crap. He got his as* handed to him

And people were actually picking against Ward. When are you guys gonna learn???

People complaining about him fighting in Oakland, using his head, saying he has no power and he's boring.

Ward's a beast ....he hasn't loss since he was 13 years old.... ACCEPT IT!!!

chu talkin' bout willis? froch was pure class after the fight. . . he could have made excuses how ward kept holding, but he didn't. . . he gave ward his props. . before the fight it's just to hype it up. . .

ward is a brilliant boxer. . . but he's not exactly my cup of tea it terms of fighting style. . but hey, his style is "win", and i can't blame him. . .

i just hope he continues to fight the best fighters, and not stay in oakland and fight guys with the most name value, and the least risk. . . he already is saying he's not fighting bute now. . . i don't know who else he can fight? maybe a kessler rematch? but no need for that, he already decisively won. . . andre dirrell would be a good choice. . . nobody else worth watching him fight. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
            Can people stop with the honorary praises to Froch for not making excuses for his loss? That's what fighters are supposed to do in spite of the contrary happening a lot lately. It's something to be encouraged but dam why does the whole comment board have to be riddled with "good job Froch" comments rather than the other things he talked about? lol
            Yeah, but how many of them do it. Froch has, and fair play to him. Ward is a great champ.

Comment

I knew that Ward was going to be tough inside but I didn't expect Froch to be so slow.
              Ward was moving so well Froch just couldn't do anything with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
                chu talkin' bout willis? froch was pure class after the fight. . . he could have made excuses how ward kept holding, but he didn't. . . he gave ward his props. . before the fight it's just to hype it up. . .

ward is a brilliant boxer. . . but he's not exactly my cup of tea it terms of fighting style. . but hey, his style is "win", and i can't blame him. . .

i just hope he continues to fight the best fighters, and not stay in oakland and fight guys with the most name value, and the least risk. . . he already is saying he's not fighting bute now. . . i don't know who else he can fight? maybe a kessler rematch? but no need for that, he already decisively won. . . andre dirrell would be a good choice. . . nobody else worth watching him fight. . .

yeah, he was a class act after he was humbled and get his ass handed to him. ward doesn't need to talk all that crap to build up his fight. he just goes in there and dominates.

and if you watch the fight again, you'll see that Froch was ALSO holding ward's arms in the clinch, neither had the right to complain because they both were doing it, so don't just try to single one guy out.

i just hope he continues to fight the best fighters, and not stay in oakland and fight guys with the most name value, and the least risk

really .... saying this about a guy that just beat Kesslar, Abraham, and Froch. Now he's gonna go into a hiding shell and fight crap guys?? you really think this? he's no Bute... he proved that already.

Hey, this guy's the UNDISPUTED SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. if he wants to fight in Oakland in front of his fans there's no reason why he can't.

Comment

yeah i noticed ward was quite strong he can easily move back froch...his stamina is also pretty good. could be the conte connection?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    yeah i noticed ward was quite strong he can easily move back froch...his stamina is also pretty good. could be the conte connection?
                    that would mean Donaire is juicing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      that would mean Donaire is juicing as well.
                      hmm i've never said anything about juicing but yeah that's a possibility. conte is their nutritionist so he must be doing something good.

Comment

Working...
                      X