Ring announcer Michael Buffer clarifies post-fight confusion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring announcer Michael Buffer clarifies post-fight confusion

RING ANNOUNCER MICHAEL BUFFER CLARIFIES POST-FIGHT CONFUSION

Khan was quoted by several websites and conducted at least one at least one interview on British television that ring announcer Michael Buffer had told him that he won the fight.

After being nformed of the quotes from one of the sites, Buffer issued the following statement to ******.com.

"The website is misinformed and/or perhaps, someone misspoke or was misquoted…I never spoke with Khan. I try to avoid everyone after the results are in my hand. I do not get the “cards”…in DC the announcer is handed a sheet with the score totals, the winners name is circled and–in this case–the words, B'Y MAJORITY DECISION' were incorrectly circled (it was actually a split decision).

"After the fight as I was leaving, I was told to stick around there may be a miscalculation with the cards. As I waited, I spoke with some of Khan’s team,expressed my feelings that I felt their pain (as would anyone when talking to the folks who just lost the title by a split decision) and waited for the new math…it came out to the same result and I left the building. The story of two score totals and a different tally being given to me did not happen.

"I’d love to see a rematch. It would be fair to fans and both fighters and, perhaps, the best thing for each fighter financially speaking. A split decision is a usually a sign of an extremely close fight and worthy of a do-over! Peterson should hold his head high and be proud of a great effort and Amir can do the same as he fought a great
    fight that was seen by one judge (and many fans) as a victory.

"Amir has proven a defeat will not stop him from getting back in the ring and prove himself. Lamont has done the exact same thing…that’s what makes a champion…fight the best out there and really want the victory. It’s called the will to win and I think both of these guys have that!"

Classy as always. Buffer is an institution.

Comment

War Buffer!

Comment

Lol 8itch khan

Comment

Working...
        X