No announcement yet.

Immature boxing fans can take a lesson from MMA fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    the ufc only accepts the best mma fighters in the world. if you suck you get cut. do people get cut in boxing? no they get title shot after title shot(judah)
    That's nonsense. According to Fight Finder on Sherdog there haven't even been 20,000 pro MMA fights yet. In all likelihood there aren't even 1000 pro fighters in MMA.

And the ones who lose get cut? Isn't that the opposite of what the OP said?

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      That's nonsense. According to Fight Finder on Sherdog there haven't even been 20,000 pro MMA fights yet. In all likelihood there aren't even 1000 pro fighters in MMA.

And the ones who lose get cut? Isn't that the opposite of what the OP said?
      No its not the opposite because mma is bigger than the ufc. In mma you have guys like jens pulver who loses 1 out of every 3 fights and gets demoted to the bush leagues and still has just as if not a bigger following than the ufc champion of his division who only has 1 loss.

Meanwhile in boxing fans have created a culture where 1 or 2 losses turns a fighter into cannon fodder.

Comment

MMA is the equivalent to Nascar...

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
          The immaturity on this forum is absurd .

Sometimes i dont know if some of you guys are actually serious or purposely acting brainless .

Fact = majority of boxing fans dont appreciate NOTHING .
          You see guys most mma fans have created a culture

IN WHICH LOSING AINT THAT BAD .
          These guys dont care about wins and losses as much as good fights .

Too many times ive seen this forums absolutely shred a boxer that loses a match calling him " BUM , TRASH , JANITOR , HE WAS NEVER GOOD , OVERATED , he doesnt belong on ppv no more ETC......

You guys have no respect for fighters when they lose . Its like you have to be a perfect record god for guys to applaud you ..............

I like how in MMA YOU CAN HAVE A GUY WITH 12 LOSSES AND WHO JUST LOST BY KO IN HIS LAST MATCH .. STILL HAVE STRONG FAN SUPPORT .

iF SITUATION WAS SWITCHED BOXING FANS WOULD be yelling he needs to retire fawkin bum .

Guys like silva , coleman , rampage have all been viciously knocked out and suffered consecutive losses ,...... and still went on to become stars in the ufc FAN RESPECT AND SUPPORT .

Guys like Paul williams suffer a ko loss AND FANS PRACTICALLY SURROUND HIM WITH BURNING TORCHES AND BURY HIM .

THINK ABOUT THIS = WE HAVE CREATED A ATMOSPHERE IN WHICH LOSING A BOXING MATCH MEANS THE END OF THE WORLD AND YOUR CAREER . MAYBE THATS A HUGE REASON WHY NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

I think were the ONLY SPORT that gives a fawk so much about undefeated fighters

any thoughts ?

I completley agree with what you have said here, i am 100pct a boxing fan to the core and ill watch ufc with my boys bc 2 of them have competed at the elite World level in judo so i kind of have no choice wheneevr a big UFC event is on and the fact that one loss basically alienates fans from a fighter is absurd

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            Meanwhile in boxing fans have created a culture where 1 or 2 losses turns a fighter into cannon fodder.
            Yet De La Hoya, who lost almost every big fight he was in, had the largest following in boxing for the last decade.

Just because some fans on a boxing forum over analyze a boxers record doesn't mean all boxing fans are like that. Khan-Peterson just sold 10k tickets at the Washington Convention Center and neither guy was undefeated. Cotto-Margarito sold 20k tickets, probably got 600k PPV buys and they have almost 10 losses combined. Pacquiao has 3 losses. Outside of Floyd Mayweather, what elite fighter with a huge following is undefeated?

This forum does not reflect all boxing fans. If you look at the tickets sales, PPV buys and TV ratings you can see that records don't really matter too much. Sure some people on this forum overreact when a fighter loses, but that doesn't reflect most boxing fans.

Comment

boxing fans are more confrontational than mma fans.. go figure

plus we never agree on anything.

Comment

Please don't compare Boxing to glorified bum fights (UFC)

If you watch mma I don't count you as a boxing fan

If you watch mma I could probably know what race you are, what music you listen to, what age bracket you're in, what type of family you come from etc

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                  Please don't compare Boxing to glorified bum fights (UFC)

If you watch mma I don't count you as a boxing fan

If you watch mma I could probably know what race you are, what music you listen to, what age bracket you're in, what type of family you come from etc
                  I watch mma , try to guess what race i am.

Comment

http://legionsmedia.com/wp-content/u...mographics.pdf

white boys be jumping on boxing to steal the black man's coveted sport. Stick to mma white guys!

23% of boxing fans are over 50. Who's the immature group now?

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                      The immaturity on this forum is absurd .

Sometimes i dont know if some of you guys are actually serious or purposely acting brainless .

Fact = majority of boxing fans dont appreciate NOTHING .
                      You see guys most mma fans have created a culture

IN WHICH LOSING AINT THAT BAD .
                      These guys dont care about wins and losses as much as good fights .

Too many times ive seen this forums absolutely shred a boxer that loses a match calling him " BUM , TRASH , JANITOR , HE WAS NEVER GOOD , OVERATED , he doesnt belong on ppv no more ETC......

You guys have no respect for fighters when they lose . Its like you have to be a perfect record god for guys to applaud you ..............

I like how in MMA YOU CAN HAVE A GUY WITH 12 LOSSES AND WHO JUST LOST BY KO IN HIS LAST MATCH .. STILL HAVE STRONG FAN SUPPORT .

iF SITUATION WAS SWITCHED BOXING FANS WOULD be yelling he needs to retire fawkin bum .

Guys like silva , coleman , rampage have all been viciously knocked out and suffered consecutive losses ,...... and still went on to become stars in the ufc FAN RESPECT AND SUPPORT .

Guys like Paul williams suffer a ko loss AND FANS PRACTICALLY SURROUND HIM WITH BURNING TORCHES AND BURY HIM .

THINK ABOUT THIS = WE HAVE CREATED A ATMOSPHERE IN WHICH LOSING A BOXING MATCH MEANS THE END OF THE WORLD AND YOUR CAREER . MAYBE THATS A HUGE REASON WHY NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT EACH OTHER

I think were the ONLY SPORT that gives a fawk so much about undefeated fighters

any thoughts ?
                      Excellent post! I agree with all of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X