Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The referee didn't warn me" Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still complaining, what a sore loser!! The ref clearly warned him on a number of occasions, and prior to taking the point i believe he told him this was the "last warning." The rules say you can't push. Whilst the ref may have been a little too harsh in the view of many people (myself included), the bottom line is Khan has nobody to blame but himself. If you're going to push off, learn to use your shoulder or elbow. Don't make it so blatantly obvious. He was pushing him off with both hands like it was a shoving match. It's ok if the ref doesn't say anything, but once he warned Khan a few times he needed to be smart enough not to do it in such a blatant fashion, and he wasn't.

Comment

Even if he didnt hear the warning, which was bull****... He understood when the ref called time took a point for it... Then he continued to do it, he had to.. He didnt know what else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
        I see your point, no need to insult. I guess we have two diff. Opinions on "hard warning." I think it is when you separate fighters, stop action, send them to neutral corners and say, "If you push again, I'm taking a point." I don't think Khan ever got that. And taking points for pushing is 100% home cooking. Not defending Khan, he didn't fight the best down the stretch...but the ref didn't give him a fair shake either.

Ps...we can just disagree man...lol
        tht happened in the mosley mayweather fight, mosley tried 2 throw mayweather 2 the ground n the ref jumped in between them n looked at mosley n said thts a hard warning dont do it again but if u have been warned about something loads of times then surely if u do it again u risk having a point deducted for constant doing it

Comment

Of course you can hear the damn ref when he yells in your ear and gives you warnings.

Floyd Mayweather heard Lampley talking about the NFL and got involved in the conversation in the middle of fighting Gatti, and theyre outside the ring ffs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXww...e_gdata_player

He heard the warning, he just didnt have any other game plan for Lamonts pressuring.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
            tht happened in the mosley mayweather fight, mosley tried 2 throw mayweather 2 the ground n the ref jumped in between them n looked at mosley n said thts a hard warning dont do it again but if u have been warned about something loads of times then surely if u do it again u risk having a point deducted for constant doing it
            I agree. Again I'm not defending Khan, but I think Max Kellerman said it best. What if Lamont Peterson went to the UK and got points taken, we would be saying he got jobbed. The bottom line is pushing is one of the rules that can be bent. At the same time, once the ref warned him that much, and surely by the time he took a point, Amir should have adapted, and did something else, like thrown the JAB like I was screaming the. Whole fight...lol

Comment

Khan need to stop acting like a *****

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                He did give him a hard warning. He said "Last warning, stop pushing"

If that's not a hard warning then I don't know what is.

But, that's not even what he's saying. He's saying the Ref didn't warn him at all.
                Well, I assume when he is fighting he doesn't listen too much apart from the bell.

A hard warning is when you stop the fight and warn him.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ruler View Post
                  The ref never did give him a hard warning. Bottom line the point deductions = bs. Good fight, do the rematch khan.
                  Man please... the ref warned khan the whole time i remember when he said last warning

Comment

of course they checked out your bloody ears at the hospital amir- you're obviously stone deaf seein as you claim you never heard the ref said anything.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      Of course you can hear the damn ref when he yells in your ear and gives you warnings.

Floyd Mayweather heard Lampley talking about the NFL and got involved in the conversation in the middle of fighting Gatti, and theyre outside the ring ffs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXww...e_gdata_player

He heard the warning, he just didnt have any other game plan for Lamonts pressuring.
                      Floyd fights are generally quiet LOL. Unless it's exciting or other fans are loud.

Comment

Working...
                      X