No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    In 1997 Chris Eubank was well removed from his prime.

Eubank hadn't won a legit fight in years at 168 when he fought Calzaghe. And was having life and death fights with average fighters.
    Ignore Rado, he's an amateur statistician - knows nothing about actual fighting and fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      calzaghe will probably go down in history as a better fighter but winky was much better in reality. and i mean MUCH better. but joe has that crazy hype and everyone overrates him like crazy even though winky is on another level in terms of real ability and achievments.
      Exactly where I'm coming from. I'm not just looking at resumes (in which they're pretty even) but I'm also looking at their in-ring effectiveness, style, and technical ability. Wright is better in those categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        What was Mosley's record in his last four fights before he fought Winky?
        Was Mosley 43 and on appear to be on his way out?

This is why Mosley/Hopkins cancel out on each resume as opposed to Hopkins single-handedly trumping Wright's body of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by davis828 View Post
          Was Mosley 43 and on appear to be on his way out?
          Hopkins didn't appear on his way out at all coming into the Calzaghe fight. He was coming off wins versus Winky and Tarver. He was ranked in the top five pound for pound--higher than Mosley. So how did he appear on his way out?

Comment

Hopkins didn't appear on his way out at all coming into the Calzaghe fight. He was coming off wins versus Winky and Tarver. He was ranked in the top five pound for pound--higher than Mosley. So how did he appear on his way out?
            Yes, fights in which he didn't look that great against Wright (but who does?) and a Tarver that was coming down in weight after doing that outstanding Rocky movie.

He appeared on his way out because he had been talking about retirement before that fight.

Comment

• personally, i would rank winky higher. based off of resume. prime winky was no joke.

joe will most likely be remembered more due to his undefeated record & wins over lacey, hopkins, & jones...

plus, winky's style wasnt too fan friendly.... offensively, calzaghe was lightyears more dynamic though, so im pretty sure most would rank joe higher.

Comment

Yes, fights in which he didn't look that great against Wright (but who does?) and a Tarver that was coming down in weight after doing that outstanding Rocky movie.

He appeared on his way out because he had been talking about retirement before that fight.
                Ahh so because he discussed it he was on his way out? Floyd Mayweather voluntarily discussed it too back in 2007-2008 and beating him would still have been a great accomplishment. In other words, that's irrelevant. So is Hopkins' age given the fact that he's been damn near ageless and scored his biggest win at 36. I might remind you that Calzaghe was no spring chicken when he fought him either. And you were touting Hopkins' 2-2 record going into the Calzaghe fight. Well...what was Mosley's record in his last four fights facing Wright?

Comment

What was Mosley's record in his last four fights before he fought Winky?
                  A win over Mosley at any weight,at any time time, kicks 99% of Joe's resume square in the as.s

MOST of Joe's opponents were pulled from the audience 5 minutes before the fight............At least that's what they looked like...

Winky's been all over the world fighting tough comp...He's logged more miles in 5 years than Joe has so far in his coke-up slap-happy life.

Who's skills would you rather have..?????????

Winky's or Joe's...???

Or even better.

Who would you rather face at the end of a dark alley...???

C'mon now..

There's zero bi.tch in WinkyWright...

Joe on the other hand...might be snorting a line of coke off some guy's di.ck as we speak.

He's sweeter than high-fructose corn syrup...

Without any hype..no ref to jump....no easy set-up fights....Winky was FIGHTING EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE....

Brothers in the hood would LAUGH AT YOU FOR SLAPPING like Joe..

There's nothing funny about the way Winky Wright fights...
                  Last edited by AlwaysOnTop; 12-16-2011, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Ahh so because he discussed it he was on his way out? Floyd Mayweather voluntarily discussed it too back in 2007-2008 and beating him would still have been a great accomplishment. In other words, that's irrelevant. So is Hopkins' age given the fact that he's been damn near ageless and scored his biggest win at 36. I might remind you that Calzaghe was no spring chicken when he fought him either. And you were touting Hopkins' 2-2 record going into the Calzaghe fight. Well...what was Mosley's record in his last four fights facing Wright?
                    Exactly, Calzaghe stayed in his backyard padding his resume against competitors from The Contender but his lone win against B-Hop makes his resume better than anything Wright's done? I don't agree with that, which is why I believe Mosley/Hopkins cancel out because Mosley was coming off two L's himself and only had one legit fight at '54 despite being highly regarded at that time.

But you have Hopkins talking about retiring at 40 and not looking particularly well in any of his fights leading up to Calzaghe. I was actually going to say that had Calzaghe fought Hopkins around the time he fought Trinidad (differing weight classes then, I know) I'd take heed to your original statement.

Comment

Exactly, Calzaghe stayed in his backyard padding his resume against competitors from The Contender but his lone win against B-Hop makes his resume better than anything Wright's done? I don't agree with that, which is why I believe Mosley/Hopkins cancel out because Mosley was coming off two L's himself and only had one legit fight at '54 despite being highly regarded at that time.

But you have Hopkins talking about retiring at 40 and not looking particularly well in any of his fights leading up to Calzaghe. I was actually going to say that had Calzaghe fought Hopkins around the time he fought Trinidad (differing weight classes then, I know) I'd take heed to your original statement.
                      Damn good points....

Comment

Working...
                      X