Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-Watched Khan-Peterson: No Sound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you ever watched the khan-peterson fight........on weed???

Comment

oscar de la hoya told me he scored it 129-15 khan after re-watching it coked off his **** wearing suspenders and lip gloss.

Comment

114-112 khan. It's stayEd the same regardless of whether I had **** on, if i was smoking weed or if I was completely level headed

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
          No sound. No commentary and no crowd influence.

On the night of the fight, I had Peterson winning the fight. I didn't score it but felt it. Some rounds were really close and could have gone either way.

It depends on what you were looking for I guess.

Here's my scorecard:

Khan-Peterson

Round 1: 10-8
          Round 2: 9-10 (IMO, Peterson did enough at the end to take it, but just)
          Round 3: 9-10
          Round 4: 9-10
          Round 5: 10-9 (Khan starts to box more from the outside)
          Round 6: 10-9
          Round 7: 8-10 (Point deduction)
          Round 8: 9-10
          Round 9: 10-9 (Very close round, gave to Khan because he hurt Peterson)
          Round 10: 10-9
          Round 11: 10-9
          Round 12: 9-9 (Point deduction but Khan did enough work to make it a 9-9 round)

Final score: 113-112 to Khan

Many may disagree with this card but it's what I saw after re-watching the fight. Like I said before, I had Khan losing on the night itself.

All in all it was a great fight. Would love to see a rematch (whenever it happens).

Khan seriously needs to work on his inside game though. He has really good bodyshots but doesn't use them as much as he should. Nodding his head during the time a good inside fighter is in you face is ridiculous.

He is one-dimensional.

Peterson on the other hand fought the perfect fight but I feel he layed off the pedal down the stretch. Round 9 onwards he decreased his output significantly and it lost him the fight.
          I had it even myself,but can't be mad if anyone had it either way..

Comment

I scored it the exact same apart from round two I had it to khan and round 9 it was too close to call so I had a 10 -10 ( would like to see more even rounds in boxing)

I had it 112-114 to Khan but round two could have been given to Lament and I guess 9 too. This was much easier to score then the Pac fight.

Great to see a fight with so many amazing body shots.
            Last edited by minasyan; 12-14-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
              The most rounds I could give to Peterson was 4 after watching it again. No doubt that Khan did enough to win.
              same here. . . i thought round 2 was a close enough round where peterson might deserve it making it 5 rounds in his favor .. . no way peterson won 6 rounds, though. . . just no way. . .

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                I think there was lack of good preparation for Khan (make him watch Ricardo Lopez ) to make a good uppercut. With decent uppercuts and a more concrete jab, I think Khan could take it in a rematch. But this would take at least a year to develop given Khan's happy feet.
                I think he last that poin in the last round because of a good uppercut. Unfortunately it was a deliberate one as they were breaking. I saw him (as I'm sure others did too) take a quick look at the ref before he threw it.

Comment

On the night of the fight, I had Peterson winning the fight. I didn't score it but felt it. Some rounds were really close and could have gone either way.

Here's my scorecard:

Khan-Peterson

Many may disagree with this card but it's what I saw after re-watching the fight. Like I said before, I had Khan losing on the night itself.

All in all it was a great fight. Would love to see a rematch (whenever it happens).

Khan seriously needs to work on his inside game though. He has really good bodyshots but doesn't use them as much as he should. Nodding his head during the time a good inside fighter is in you face is ridiculous.

He is one-dimensional.

Peterson on the other hand fought the perfect fight but I feel he layed off the pedal down the stretch. Round 9 onwards he decreased his output significantly and it lost him the fight.
                  I've told everyone, the fight without the deduction on MY card is a draw, because i gave peterson the 9th.

the NINTH ROUND is the deciding factor of who won this fight. That is the only spin round IMO. I personally thought peterson won the round. It's an even round where they both d ogreat work and Peterson actually hurt khan too btw, he also finished the round stronger than khan.. the round finished with him as the aggressor and roughing khan up on the ropes. That won him the round t ome, the momentum shift in that round was enough

Comment

Here's my scorecard:

Khan-Peterson

He is one-dimensional.

I had the exact same card but with Khan winning a very close round 2, which I thought was the closest round of the fight. I had it 114-111 to Khan.

Comment

i just watched the fight myself

i had it the exact same as you except i gave round 9 to peterson

112 - khan
                      113 - peterson

Comment

Working...
                      X