Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zab Judah or Wladimir Klitschko: Who has fought the tougher opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wladimir has fought who has been available and has been very successful.

Unforenately for Wladimir, the division isn't filled with top fighters where Judah has been beaten pretty much every time he's stepped up but his level of competition has been much better.

Judah's top opponents - Mayweather, Cotto, Tszyu, Spinks, Clottey, Khan.

Other honourable mentions: Baldomir, Corley, Witter, Ward and Matthysee.

Wladimir's top opponents - Haye, Chambers, Peter x2, Chagaev, Byrd x2, Sanders.

Other honourable mentions - Brock, Thompson, Rahman, Mercer, McCline, Ibragimov, Barrett and Brewster.

Based on that small list i made the difference in competition is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Yes, no way any SLW, WW, or JMW beats Wlad.
      I have to agree. Wlad is an ATG and it would take an ATG heavy weight to beat him.

Like Corrie Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Sidious View Post
        I have to agree. Wlad is an ATG and it would take an ATG heavy weight to beat him.

Like Corrie Sanders
        Why do ppl act like some loss 10 years ago has any relevance today? He lost dusted himself off, vastly improved as a fighter and is the most dominant champion in the world today end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Why do ppl act like some loss 10 years ago has any relevance today? He lost dusted himself off, vastly improved as a fighter and is the most dominant champion in the world today end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            Zab, props to him, but what good is it if he lost to just about all of them.
            Well people complain about other people saying a fighter sucks because he lost to the best. They say losses don't matter as long as you fight the best. Here's Zab who fought the best, but, "What good is it if he lost to just about all of them?".

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Well people complain about other people saying a fighter sucks because he lost to the best. They say losses don't matter as long as you fight the best. Here's Zab who fought the best, but, "What good is it if he lost to just about all of them?".
              losses dont matter as long as you have excellent wins. Problem is, once youre done picking out all the top level boxers Zab has fought, his best win is over Cory Spinks. an underrated win in some ways, but still.

thats different than someone like Carmen Basilio, who has a lot of losses but also went on a streak in his career where he beat the likes of Gil Turner, Tony DeMarco, Johnny Saxton, and Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                losses dont matter as long as you have excellent wins. Problem is, once youre done picking out all the top level boxers Zab has fought, his best win is over Cory Spinks. an underrated win in some ways, but still.

thats different than someone like Carmen Basilio, who has a lot of losses but also went on a streak in his career where he beat the likes of Gil Turner, Tony DeMarco, Johnny Saxton, and Sugar Ray Robinson.
                Well Zab doesn't exactly have excellent wins, but he has good/okay wins against Spinks, Matthysse, Witter, Corley, Mabuza, Santa Cruz and Ward. Outside of Baldomir, Zab pretty much beat the guys he was supposed to beat, and lost to the guys he was supposed to lose to. And actually his recent wins over Matthysse and Mabuza are pretty underrated, with so many people thinking both of those guys were going to knock Zab out. But I know what you mean that he has no excellent wins, but I don't remember him being favored to beat Floyd, Cotto, Khan, or Clottey, and I don't know about the Tszyu fight. Zab was gonna fight Mosley and probably lose to him, but even that fight every one pretty much thought Mosley was going to win.

Comment

Im not knocking on Judah, his resume of wins is pretty good, although I think a lot of people thought he lost the Lucas fight.

I was simply giving my point of view regarding losses, and I dont think they really detract from you legacy wise as long as you have good wins. youre as good as your wins are, imo.

Comment

We make fun of Zab Judah on here quite a bit, but don't forget where we came from. Zab was one of the most respected players on the field long before we knew he didn't have the heart. He might have the p4p fastest hands in the history of the game in his prime. We disrespect him on the regular on here, but do we actually remember who he was back at his peak? Zab doesn't deserve to be a running joke like the Klitschko bros...he actually paid his dues.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERFUL View Post
                      ******ED THREAD

Judah is a BUM

Wladimir Klitschko is an ALL TIME GREAT and HALL OF FAMER

- he is the 2nd most dominant fighter of all time (Big Brother Vitali is the most dominant fighter of all time)

- WBA/IBF/WBO/IBO/RING Unified Heavyweight Champion of the world

- Olympic Gold Medalist

- Ring Magazine Top 5 P4P Fighter

- 56 wins, 49 knockouts

- has made 17 dominant title defences

- has defeated 10 world champions:

David Haye (25-1)
                      Chris Byrd I (31-1)
                      Chris Byrd II (39-2)
                      Sam Peter I (24-0)
                      Sam Peter II (34-3)
                      Ruslan Chagaev (25-0)
                      Sultan Ibragimov (22-0)