No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Ward Agree: Winner is The Best at 168, Not Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch, Ward Agree: Winner is The Best at 168, Not Bute

NEW YORK — Carl Froch and Andre Ward agreed on one thing.

They believe only the winner of their fight, not unbeaten Lucian Bute, can stake legitimate claim to being boxing’s best super middleweight. The undefeated Ward, who owns the WBA 168-pound title, and Froch, the WBC’s super middleweight champion, will fight for The Ring magazine’s crown, in addition to the “Super Six World Boxing Classic” championship cup Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    NEW YORK — Carl Froch and Andre Ward agreed on one thing.

They believe only the winner of their fight, not unbeaten Lucian Bute, can stake legitimate claim to being boxing’s best super middleweight. The undefeated Ward, who owns the WBA 168-pound title, and Froch, the WBC’s super middleweight champion, will fight for The Ring magazine’s crown, in addition to the “Super Six World Boxing Classic” championship cup Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. [Click Here To Read More]
    Bute is good though and the winner will have to fight Bute so we can know who the best is.
    Bute hasnt got the wear and tear that Ward and Froch have,he's fresher but still we need to know who is who.

Comment

I'd be a bit bitter if Ward or Froch then went on to get beat by Bute. Just wouldn't seem fair.

I was hoping Bute would at least fight Hopkins or someone before that meeting comes about.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
        I'd be a bit bitter if Ward or Froch then went on to get beat by Bute. Just wouldn't seem fair.

I was hoping Bute would at least fight Hopkins or someone before that meeting comes about.
        yea same doesn't seem like he deserves to just walse in and fight the winner i say kessler should be given the chance he deserves it more

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreenfingers View Post
          yea same doesn't seem like he deserves to just walse in and fight the winner i say kessler should be given the chance he deserves it more
          Well Kessler-Bute was supposed to be a rival semi matchup which made sense but Kessler avoided that and went the safe route going for Steiglitz.

Sad thing is Froch and Ward have made statements that make it sound like they're going to avoid Bute. If they think they're so much above him then kick his as$ and add another notch on your belt, neither guy seems to believe the **** they say though.

Ward and his trainer are going to go all out in ducking Bute.

Comment

If Bute was actually in tourney then thing might be different right about now. He's signed with showtime so I'm guessing they'll try making a fight with the winner at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Well Kessler-Bute was supposed to be a rival semi matchup which made sense but Kessler avoided that and went the safe route going for Steiglitz.
              Or maybe Kessler didn't think it was fair for a guy who's fought the best on numerous occasions, who has travelled to fight the best, should have to go to a country notorious for robberies against a guy who'd fought no top contenders or champions, whilst earning less money.

Kessler has a much higher shout of a rematch against the Super Six winner than Lucia Bute does.

Comment

The winner of Saturday's bout is the #1 SMW in the world, but I think Bute whoops both of them - he's bigger, stronger and faster than both. They know he's a problem. I bet Froch would go to Canada to fight Bute but I'm pretty sure Andre won't - ESPECIALLY if he wins Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                  Or maybe Kessler didn't think it was fair for a guy who's fought the best on numerous occasions, who has travelled to fight the best, should have to go to a country notorious for robberies against a guy who'd fought no top contenders or champions, whilst earning less money.

Kessler has a much higher shout of a rematch against the Super Six winner than Lucia Bute does.
                  Kessler was scared deal with it. He was also willing to fight the "deserving" Steiglitz who had been stopped against Berrio (the IBF Champ who Bute won the belt from) and Andrade.

Comment

big fight saturday night! boxing got me PUMPED!! dont care who wins, they will be considered the best though

Comment

Working...
                    X