Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people think Cortez helped Floyd against Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, i have no issue with the way hatton fights. i love it in fact. with that said, different refs, different ways of calling a fight. only thing i can say i didnt agree with was the point deduction for hatton whereas there wasnt even much of a warning for floyd. with that said, hatton wasnt really winning those exchanges on the inside, and when floyd kept it in the ring center, he was absolutely destroying hatton. but ill say it again, i think that fight showcased the best hatton i had ever saw. and i think he owes a lot of that to cortez.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Cortez is notorious for not allowing inside fighting, khan vs maidana is one of many examples of that. Hatton is an inside fighter so they die hard hatton fans believe he didn't have a chance with cortez, hence the bitching.

Where they are wrong of course is believing hatton would have had a chance with any other ref. It wouldn't matter if the ref was steve smoger, kenny bayless or hulk holgan, he could never beat floyd.
      but with the khan maidana the result could of changed with another ref but hatton gets murked every time.

Comment

old man cortez helped may over ortiz. lol.

Comment

Your all jokers. Some of the comments stink of heads that never even watched the f***in fight.
          I've never been a Hatton fanboy, i obviously supported him cos he English, but never loved him n dat.
          My man dat made the thread saying Hatton should have been DisQualified for all the clinching! Hahaha. Floyd was the f***er clinching all the time, to scupper Hattons strengths.
          And a next geezer sayin Mayweather was destroying Hatton? haha what the f*** fight was yu watchin fam? It was pretty much even on the scorecards n dats including the point deduction. Hatton probably needed to win the last 2 rounds thats why he carried on pressing Floyd and walking straight onto his potshots.
          Cortez was an absolute JOKE in dis fight if your wanted the Hatton win.
          This is how the fight went for me, Hatton would walk him down all night, he'd catch Floyd and then lay it on him swingin wild at him, Floyd would then either clinch or turn his head to Hatton but keepin his body facing him, drawing the foul, or just by straight up turning his back to him... The fight would then be split up, Cortez would whisper in Rickys ear not to clinch (when 9 times outta 10 it was PBF clinchin) and Floyd would go for the pot shot from distance, eventually clinching again, gettin split up and pot shotting Again...
          Now the fight got broke up i swear down it felt like every 20 seconds n dat!
          Floyd did fight a sick fight, on the inside, from distance and countering him. But i dunno man, i dont reckon Hatton would be going for it as much at the end cos he was down a point maybe, i dunno if he would have got KO'd. F*** knows. Floyd was world class that night (apart from all the bull**** dirty tricks 2 go wid it).
          I think Hatton would have hurt Floyd should the referee actually let them fight and not give Floyd the advantage every 10-20 seconds.
          Anyway Floyd would have won still, had it gone to points, dem refs Love our Floyd since he lost on points at the olympics and moaned about it his entire career. He lost to Castillo both times for me, but somehow got the point victories.

Mayweather outclassed and outboxed Hatton but he never dominated the fight by any means, see how buzzin he was after he got the KO ?? PBF was f***in Hypin. Dis tells me he must have been in trouble eh. Some fighters can eat up bare heavy punches and look shweet, Like Tszyu, i was SHOCKED when he never stepped out for the last round, i thought he was luive to continue but he quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
            Still illegal whether people like it or not. Lots of people dont even know it is illgal just like the pushing ordeal. Holding is NOT a boxing action just like pushing isnt, hence why they both are illegal actions
            Sorry to disagree, but the way Khan was pushing, with both hands with arms fully outstretched, it was almost like a double handed punch. A very violent push. As for holding, I don't mistake holding, which is illegal, especially if you're punching with the other hand, for clinching, which is perfectly legal, and often requires a ref to step in and separate. As I recall much of the holding in the Mayweather- Hatton fight was by Mayweather who was holding Hatton with one arm and hitting with the other. Sometimes elbowing, and very often holding Hatton behind the head and hitting him with the other. He was also often ducking below the waist, right under Cortez' nose, who did nothing. It was a rough fight with Mayweather on the retreat most often, but he was hard pressed. The best fight I'd seen him in since Castillo, and before him, Augustus. I recall seeing Hatton looking at Cortez every time he broke things up just before Hatton got really going. Mayweather was really up against it in the first half of the fight, and did very well to survive, and eventually conquer.

Comment

Listen, no ref splits up the fight 10 times every round when one is clinching. This was giving Mayweather the advantage all night man.

Comment

Comment

Go back to the Limey Lounge you fat crap. ^^^

Comment

This thread illustrates the current state of boxing. The sport has become so boring that fans who sign up for the most popular boxing website create threads about a floyd mayweather fight almost 3 years ago.

Ok guys. Blames Cortez. Floyd cheated. Hatton won, ODH beat floyd. Castillo beat floyd. Floyd ducks. Now that 2004-2009 is covered can we get back to 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by big dunn View Post
                      this thread illustrates the current state of boxing. The sport has become so boring that fans who sign up for the most popular boxing website create threads about a floyd mayweather fight almost 3 years ago.

Ok guys. Blames cortez. Floyd cheated. Hatton won, odh beat floyd. Castillo beat floyd. Floyd ducks. Now that 2004-2009 is covered can we get back to 2011.
                      ^^^^this^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X