No announcement yet.

Ref did a terrible job in the Khan fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
    Neither is crouching and going in with your head, or putting someone's forearm in the fighters face and punching with the other hand. Pushing someone to the ropes is also not allowed.
    Leading in with your head isn't illegal. It only becomes a problem if someone is getting headbutted or has the intention of headbutting, which Lamont didn't do no matter how paranoid Khan was of getting headbutted.

Comment

Truth is ya'll American boxers are to smart when it comes to the rules of boxing eh.
      However much a world class boxer Floyd is, he'll always be a 'cheat' in my eyes, Watch the mayweather vs Hatton fight in full n you will know what i mean.
      He's perfected the art of 'cheating' but getting warnings for his opponents. He does this by, when in a tricky situation like up against the ropes taking heavy punches, he turns hsi back on his opponent or somehow manages to twist his head around while keeping his body facin his opponent. when he does this the referee, Joe Cortez in this case, splits them up allowing Floyd a breather and some space, and warns the opponent for punching the back of the head...
      The Hatton fight got split up every time he got in close to Floyd and swingin punches at him. Then Floyd would go on to pot shot Hatton from distance and come in and clinch him, he'd then get split up again either for Hatton punching the back of the f***in head lol or for clinching. Then Floyd would potshot Hatton from distance again............. You see where im goin wid dis lol
      Dats what happened pretty much every 10 seconds of every round up until about the 8th round...

Petersons tactics were spot on though when he switched after gettin dropped and outclassed/outboxed in the first 2 rounds... The way he came in head first with his head down and in front of his feet was just perfect to scupper Khans skills and tactics and to force him to commit the 'foul' lol. Wonder if the ref told him to do dat if he was gettin smashed up in the first few rounds?
      f***in Americans

2 American judges aswell? what a joke that is eh. An American ref and 2 out of the 3 judges. Hey, and guess which judges scored the bout 113-112 to Peterson??? It weren't the non-American that scored it 114-111 correctly i'll tell yu dat lol.

Good fight still. Peterson showed bare heart as always, and by way of a miracle came away with the decision. Even with a 2 point advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
        Neither is crouching and going in with your head, or putting someone's forearm in the fighters face and punching with the other hand. Pushing someone to the ropes is also not allowed.
        You been spot on with every post i've seen from you since yesterday fam., but a 2 point deduction is a bit extreme still. I remember Lennox Lewis, i think it was against Vitali, Lennox kept pushin his head back with his fist/forearm and usin it as a target for him and raa teeing off on him, he got warned a few times and he did it baaare i swear down, but never got a point deduction for it eh.

And another thing , f*** knows why the ref gave Khan even a warning in the 7th, let alone the deduction. I didn't see much pushing from Khan til after tha deduction. If he wasn't dedcuted 2 and it was just 1, then the judges should have scored it Unanimous to Khan, no split decision a gwarn. But i bet ya Peterson still would have got the decision even wid just the 1 point deduction.

Comment

Working...
        X