Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Carl Froch receive fair officiating in the USA fighting an American Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calzaghe vs Hopkins

Hatton vs Collazo

Lewis vs Mercer

Khan vs Maidana

All the above British fighters got a decision that I think could've went either way. Maybe not the Maidana fight, but the point still stands; if Froch wins, he'll get the decision.

Comment

Have they announced the ref yet?

Comment

The U.S. is still about 50 bad decisions away from becoming England or Germany

Comment

How can it be fair if its in your opponent's country? If it was truly fair the fight would be in a neutral venue.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I don't think the fight will be close, but if it does get close, I agree. No Way Froch will get a controversial decision. Ward is the next Big thing in the US and he'd be favoured by the judges. Hopefully the referee calls a fair fight, otherwise it will be vers ugly.

ward's actually still completely unknown outside of boxing in the states.

i think froch will have to worry first about winning rounds before he worries about being robbed

but all of that being said, you've got to figure if froch is in the fight the rounds will still be close because of andre's handspeed so the possibility for the robbery is there

i'm guessing the cards will be wide and that they will reflect accurately the rounds.
            froch is facing a guy who does almost everything better than he does

outside of the more tested jaw what does he do better?
            maybe punch?

Comment

Don't act like Dirrell didn't get robbed against Froch in Manchester. Froch landed 5 punches the whole fight.

He won't have to worry about the judges though. Ward wins 11-1.

Comment

- Yes fouls will be allowed for Ward and overlooked.
                - No, The Cobra won't take it as casual as Kessler did and will get back at Ward
                - I hope The Cobra wins, definitely root for him - but I'm well aware that Ward is a beast of a fighter.

Comment

I think that if the fight even resembles a fight that "could have gone either way" then there's a big, big chance that the judges will score it for Ward. I don't think that's fair judging so I vote No.

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
                    Don't act like Dirrell didn't get robbed against Froch in Manchester. Froch landed 5 punches the whole fight.

He won't have to worry about the judges though. Ward wins 11-1.
                    it was in nottingham, so already you post is wrong.

Add the fact that most pundits including the press row scored itm to froch.

But that aside the two judges rightly scored it to froch, as did i.

If you felt froch landed 5 pu ches, that is 5 punches more than dirrell. Who landed 1 punch and landed 10000000000000000000000000 clinches and holds...

Comment

What's going to be your excuse when Ward makes Froch look silly? Start making those up, you have a few days left..

Comment

Working...
                      X