Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie Kelly View Post
    LOL as long as it screws bob arum its all good
    And what plan was that?

Khan is actually a GBP boy, that`s why dela Hoya was mad as hell at the referee.

So I don`t see the sense in your post, clarify.

Comment

• B-Hop wasn't kidding when he said Khan was already behind 2 points even before the start of the fight.

I can live with one point deducted. But TWO!!! and in the last round of a close war!!! CMON!!! Ref was basically handing the fight to Peterson...

Comment

• i think the judges scored the first round 10-7, sum of judges dont mind wat the ref calls execpt for the deductions, like pac mosley, pac went down and the fight was 120-10y7 nd so on, i had the fight a draw with out the deductions i think peterson took that fight, great fight, khan impressed me, with his heart, he got caught with good punchs on the chin nd still came bak, luv to see a rematch

Comment

• Khan should stop fighting people who's last name starts with P.

Comment

• From the people saying khan was robbed I just don't see why judges would give peterson a gift. Khan is the bigger name. He has the most to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              And this kid was supposed to give Floyd the most trouble? LMAO

Good win for Peterson, he's a humble dude who had nothing and worked hard to get to this point, much deserved victory.

Ortiz and Berto would shred Khan to pieces.

Iv'e been saying for a while that none of the current 140 pounders could go to 147 and beat these two @ that weight, just don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by slim kings View Post
                B-Hop wasn't kidding when he said Khan was already behind 2 points even before the start of the fight.

I can live with one point deducted. But TWO!!! and in the last round of a close war!!! CMON!!! Ref was basically handing the fight to Peterson...
                last round duduction was cuz he hit him wen a break was called

Comment

• No problem with the scorecards, fight could've gone either way. I did think the ref was mediocre though. He got in the way, ruled the slip as a KD and I didn't think Khan deserved to have 2 points deducted.

In saying that, Khan didn't deserve to win either. Amir has no idea about controlling the ring. He just galloped around and around in circles and covered up when Peterson got him cornered. I agree with the sentiment that Khan thought he would be given the decision. I was most surprised when Buffer anounced "and new....".

Good luck to Peterson, he was humble in victory unlike Khan.

I'd like to see a rematch.

Comment

• It was a controversial fight.

That being said Khan showed glaring weaknesses. He moved alot surrendering the momentum but this movement wasn't efficient and nor effective at turning Lamon and thus preventing himself being caught on the ropes. He fought at a frenetic pace, moving on his toes, firing in flurries often lacking the kind of authority needed to prevent the onslaught coming from such a pressure fighter. Amir showed he had the power to hurt Lamon. He also has great boxing skills. He should of settled down into a slower rhythm, moved effectively, picked his spots, planted his feet and tagged Lamon coming in with well placed punches. He needed to exercise his advantages as a boxer puncher. Amir didn't fight a smart fight.

Whether he thought the referee's warnings were legitimate or not, he is a professional fighter and he should know and understand that there is absolutely no point in tryng to appeal to a referee mid-fight. He should of adjusted accordingly and just gotten on with it.

Amir blamed everyone and everything else but himself. No sympathy for the dude. He ****ed up.
                    Last edited by Heckler; 12-11-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• great body work lamont.

Comment

Working...
                      X