Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Wawrzyk and Krzysztof Wlodarczyk are training together for their world title fights (Wawrzyk v.s Povetkin and Wlodarczyk vs. Chakhkiev ).

http://www.ringpolska.pl/krzysztof-w...rzowskich-walk

Nicolay Valuev says he lost fair and square to Ruslan Chagaev, but he was robbed by the judges against David Haye.

http://www.boxingbet.pl/artykul-2898...ktyki-istnieja

Amir Mansour fights Jason Gavern tonight. Here's Mansour:

Comment

• So does Boytsov have a promoter or is he a free agent,last I heard he was still bound to Universum but wanted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon Scott View Post
        So does Boytsov have a promoter or is he a free agent,last I heard he was still bound to Universum but wanted out.
        He has no promoter. It was decided in a German court a couple of months ago that he's a free agent.

I hope he signs with Sauerland or K-2.

Except for the Klitschkos, K-2 has only one good HW in Jonathan Banks. Ustinov and Tereshkin are not good enough to ever be top contenders.

Sauerland has just two good heavyweights in Pulev and Povetkin. Helenius is chronically injured and Gerber isn't talented enough to become a real contender.

So both of these promoters could use another good heavyweight like Boytsov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          He has no promoter. It was decided in a German court a couple of months ago that he's a free agent.

Except for the Klitschkos, K-2 has only one good HW in Jonathan Banks. Ustinov and Tereshkin are not good enough to ever be top contenders.

Sauerland has just two good heavyweights in Pulev and Povetkin. Helenius is chronically injured and Gerber isn't talented enough to become a real contender.

With K-2 or Sauerland he'd be in good hands and could reignite his career. It's terrible how inactive he's been.

Comment

Thanks for the Boytsov update,I never knew he'd been released,any word on who wants to take him on ?

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            With K-2 or Sauerland he'd be in good hands and could reignite his career. It's terrible how inactive he's been.
            A fight v Ustinov or a Sauerland fighter could propel him back into the mix,an in house fight would obviously be easier to make than a fight between Sauerland and K2,for obvious reasons.

I know this is hwvyweight forum,but its a question directly to yourselves,Lars and Freedom.Are you both Kessler fans ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon Scott View Post
              Thanks for the Boytsov update,I never knew he'd been released,any word on who wants to take him on ?
              Nothing yet.

I saw a twitter rumor that he may fight Pulev in June, but I doubt it will happen.
              Originally posted by Bon Scott View Post
              I know this is heavyweight forum,but its a question directly to yourselves,Lars and Freedom.Are you both Kessler fans ?
              Kessler is my favorite fighter at super middleweight.

Comment

Nothing yet.

I saw a twitter rumor that he may fight Pulev in June, but I doubt it will happen.
                Kessler is my favorite fighter at super middleweight.
                Kessler,Vitali and Adamek are mine.im also a massive fan of GGG now,really excited over his prospects but I don't want him going anywhere near that cheating bastard Ward,just yet.

Comment

• Amir Mansour facing is journeyman Jason Gavern, who has lost his last 5 strait, tomorrow.

I remember reading that, once released, Mansour would be free to travel for fights and would no longer be forced to fight only in Delaware, but his last fight and this one are both taking place there.

Comment

• Wawrzyk-Povetkin is nearly official, they are now just waiting for Sauerland's (Povetkin's promoter's) approval.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/andrzej-waw...em-powietkinem

Francesco Pianeta says he was sent home by Wladimir Klitschko when he was the sparring partner, but it wasn't because he wasn't doing well in the sessions (it was because he wasn't emulating Tony Thompson).

http://www.boxingbet.pl/artykul-2900...gach-z-kliczka

Mansour-Gavern tonight will NOT be for the vacant NABA belt.

http://www.boxingbet.pl/artykul-2902...e-o-pasek-naba

Comment

• Artur Szpilka turns 24 today.

Comment

Working...
                      X