Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golota - Saleta started and... Andrew is actually looking good, throwing that jab, combinations, balancing, nostalgia.

Comment

• Originally posted by molinari View Post
      Golota - Saleta started and... Andrew is actually looking good, throwing that jab, combinations, balancing, nostalgia.
      Zimnoch won his fight, I presume?

Comment

• he did, first round KO, jabs Szpilka in the interview. Golota is getting hammered in the 3rd if anyone is interested.

Comment

• You guys should catch the Golota Saleta video.

Fun fact Saleta beat Vitali in K1

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Prizefighter: The International Heavyweights RESULTS:

Martin Rogan TKO 3 Albert Sosnowski
                Audrey Harrison TKO 1 Claus Bertino
                Ian Lewison TKO 1 Timo Hoffmann
                Derric Rossy SD Travis Walker
                Audley Harrison UD Martin Rogan
                Derric Rossy SD Ian Lewison
                Audley Harrison TKO 2 Derric Rossy (wins Prizefighter)

Other heavyweight results:

Tony Thompson TKO 2 David Price

Krzysztof Zimnoch TKO 1 Damian Trzcinski
                Przemyslaw Saleta KO 6 Andrew Golota

Vyacheslav Glazkov D Malik Scott

Peter Fury's Comments on the Thompson-Price result:

http://www.***************.net/news/...unningham.html

Comment

• Comment

• Very good analysis of Glazkov-Scott:

I did not watch the fight live so i ended up seeing the results and reading peoples comments before actually viewing it. After watching the fight i came away with a different impression than the apparent majority by thinking it was a close and very entertaining fight. Anyone classifying it as a robbery is an idiot.

Both men are very complete fighters with their footwork, punch arsenal, jabs, feinting, body punching, counter punching, defense and ability to transition from offense to defense seamlessly. Great, great ****ing stuff and one of the most skillful Heavyweight fights i have seen in a very long time. The in-round action was either close to very close in all of the rounds and it was a very pleasing fight to watch based on entertainment value, action and the skills both boxers displayed.

Whether intentional or not most of us allow our expectations going into the fight to influence our scoring, sometimes its difficult not to, but one must be aware of this. Worse than that is allowing commentary to affect your perception and that is something i never allow. I watched the NBC version and must say that from the 3rd round on BJ Flores commentary got increasingly worse and by the second half of the fight was rather atrocious.

After my first viewing i had 96-94 Glazkov but i started to wonder if by reading the results and comments beforehand and going into it expecting a clear win and boxing masterclass from Scott my low expectations for Glazkov had caused me to be generous. Much in the same way i wondered if fans did the opposite for Malik when watching it live since he was the underdog. So i watched it a second time, volume off and was determined to score nothing but the action inside the ring from round to round.

For each round i watched the first minute, paused and commented making note of who got the edge for that minute then would do the same for the remaining individual two minutes. The winner of the round being whoever won the majority of the action unless of course something significant happens like seriously hurting your opponent or a knockdown. I often score fights this way when i know they're close or involve volume punchers for increased accuracy.

Round 1 - First minute Malik misses every single jab aside from possibly one to the body but cant tell if it landed due to camera angle and Glazkov outlands him by two more power punches for the slight edge. Second minute Malik lands 3 or4 jabs and both land a couple power shots with Scott landing about 2 more to get the edge. Malik misses over a dozen jabs while landing 2 or 3 and lands a couple more power shots to take the round.

Scott 10-9

Round 2 - First minute both guys land one good power shot each while missing nearly everything especially jabs so its even. Second minute Glazkov lands a couple power shot and Malik a couple jabs for a edge to Glazkov. Third minute both landing but Malik a little more which earns him the round.

Scott 10-9

Round 3 - Very good chess match with both guys making eachother miss virtually everything but Malik's two jabs to the body win it for him, its that close. Second minute some great stuff with Malik again getting the edge by literally 2 or 3 punches. Third minute Glazkov gets a slight edge by an equally close margin.

Scott 10-9

This is a pivotal moment in the fight where Malik stops throwing his jab at such a high frequency like he had in the first 3 rounds in spite of barely landing it during this time. He was able to land to the body quite a few times but missed virtually every jab he threw to the head with Glazkov making it fall short, slipping or parrying it. Neither BJ or any of the comments i read have mentioned this, it is also important because while the landed punches in the first 3 rounds has been quite even Malik has been winning the rounds slightly based on activity and ring generalship.

Round 4 - First minute Malik lands a few shots to take it. Second minute Glazkov lands some good head and body shots to take it by a slight margin. Third minute both guys are landing good shots with Glazkov literally getting two or three more to clinch the round for him.

10-9 Glazkov

Round 5 - Again the jabbing is gone and the round consists of good exchanges between the two guys. Scott is no longer the ring general but instead simply backing up constantly with Glazkov stalking and dictatingthe action more. Glazkov slightly outlands Scott in the 2nd and 3rd minutes of this round with the first being even.

10-9 Glazkov

Round 6 - Glazkov definitely wins the first minute of this round landing several left hooks and right crosses to the head with Scott landed 3 or 4 of his own. Second minute a little closer but Glazkov still outlands Scott with more jabs, left hooks, rights and body shots. Last minute both guys land some great uppercuts, left hooks and right crosses with the action being virtually punch for punch.

Glazkov 10-9

Round 7 - First minute both guys exchange several missed jabs and spend alot of time going punch for punch in exchanges with Scott getting a slight edge for literally landing one or two more body shots. Second minute same thing but with Glazkov getting a slight edge landing a couple more left hooks. Third minute is even until the last 30 seconds when Glazkov lands several punches in three different exchanges while making Malik miss his.

10-9 Glazkov

Round 8 - First minute both guys doing alot of feinting, missing or blocking punches and start landing in the last half with Scott getting a slight edge due to a couple additional body shots. Second minute is even with both guys landing quite a few good shots. Third minute Malik literally lands two additional jabs as the only thing separating the action.

Scott 10-9

Round 9 - First minute Malik is able to land a couple shots at two different points when off the ropes and Glazkov lands a few when he gets Scott on the ropes two different times, even. Second minute quite a few exchanges with Glazkov being able to land his punches and Scott's either missing or being blocked Glazkov wins it. Third minute they exchange several missed jabs then the last half they exchange a few times with Scott against the ropes and Glazkov lands more clean punches.

Glazkov 10-9

Round 10 - First minute Scott misses several jabs then Glazkov gets him on the ropes a couple times with Malik landing one good uppercut mid combo and Glazkov landing several power shots of his own and getting the slight edge. Second minute alot of exchanges with Glazkov clearly landing more clean shot while impressively making Malik miss almost everything. Third minute lots of great exchanges with both landing alot but Glazkov clearly landing a little more.

Glazkov 10-9

Final Score upon second viewing : 96-94 Glazkov

I read a post fight comment from Malik trying to justify the absurd notion of a robbery by saying "look at his face after the fight and look at mine"....in spite of the fact that Glazkov's face was completely unmarked.

Comment

• Tony Thompson says David Price is a gentleman and he hopes he becomes champion someday. He said Price was trying too hard to please his home crowd with an early KO and left himself open for the punch. He says Price is very good but needs to gain some muscle.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...tal-chempionom

Comment

Working...
                      X