Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manuel Charr's fight in Mexico is off, but he's now scheduled to fight in Germany on Feb 22.

Comment

• Tony Thompson says he'll be going for the KO against David Price.

Томпсон: В бою с Прайсом я выйду побеждать нокаутом

Magomed Abdusalamov, Joe Hanks and Franklin Lawrence turned down the opportunity to fight Vyacheslav Glazkov on NBC.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2013-01-11_23_05.html

Comment

• Heavyweight contender Tyson Fury back in March for US debut

World Boxing News: Peter Fury: No venue for Tyson's US debut yet, but he will fight a young opponent!

Plans for Tyson Fury to fight on March 17th in New York City are not yet finalised, according to the fighter’s trainer Peter - although the former Irish champion’s US debut is still set to go ahead.

The highly-ranked WBC contender, who is said to be ready for his world title test this year, was touted to fight on St. Patricks’ Day at ‘The Big Apple’ but continues to await more details of the Stateside contest.

“ USA will be the next venue for Tyson,” Peter Fury told World Boxing News.

“A date and opponent are not yet confirmed, but Tyson will be out again in March as he builds towards fighting for the heavyweight championship of the world.”

Fury then went on to have a slight dig at his nephew’s arch-rival David Price by cheekily stating: “And I can tell you this, Tyson will be fighting a young opponent,” in a verbal jab at the British champion’s recent challengers Matt Skelton and Audley Harrison.

Fury, 24, is in-line to face the winner of the upcoming WBC title eliminator between Chris Arreola and Bermane Stiverne next month and is currently scouting American foes for his spring bout before looking towards the Klitschko brothers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Tomasz Adamek's manager Ziggy Rozalski says there may be other options for Tomasz besides fighting Kubrat Pulev.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/tomasz-adam...i-adamek-pulew
          Other options? Lol I guess Adamek doesn't want a crack at the championship?

As crazy as it sounds, I think Adamek would be better off doing what his manager is saying...

Besides the fact that he has absolutely 0 chance against Wlad, and that his career would probably be over after that fight (literally) I think Pulev himself will stop him before he even gets to think about Wlad.

Comment

• Magomed Abdusalamov's manager explains why they chose not to fight Vyacheslav Glazkov:

http://allboxing.ru/blogs/user/bill/49191.html

Comment

• Dereck Chisora is preparing for his return:

http://www.ringpolska.pl/boks-na-swi...sie-do-powrotu

Comment

• I emailed Deontay Wilder's manager Jay Deas yesterday: here's his response:

hi burt. first of all i'd never, ever call a fighter a tomato can. having been in the ring and the sport as long as i have you develop a respect for the guys with the guts to step between the ropes.

as i've stated before, i think people are using 20/20 hindsight with regard to deontay's opponents. saying these guys are no good is like saying the alabama-notre dame game is a mismatch. sure it is...after the fact! going in it was the game of the century! deontay fighting undefeated kelvin price of the roy jones camp, who was the first to beat prizefighter champ tor hamer is a good fight. good enough for showtime to buy it. good enough for the wbc to sanction it for the continental americas title. also, if deontay were 26-0 with 15 knockouts no one would say anything.

i've done the research and it shows that deontay's opponents have a 65% winning percentage when d fought them. compare that to the rest of the american top 25 as i have and you'll see deontay's opponents rank 10th! better than the first 26 guys that eddie chambers, tony thompson, michael grant, seth mitchell etc fought, just behind guys like johnathan banks (69%). look them up for yourself. look at how many pro debuts some of these guys have fought. (deontay never fought a pro debut guy). funny, i never hear people talk about the 9 guys with losing records that arreola fought in his first 26 on the way up (deontay has fought 7 with losing records). sure you can say this guy was small, old, been off, etc. but you can say that about everybody's opponents.

as for your list, i like it. but as you know money plays a part. no sense fighting someone who won't make tv.

dom guinn is a great fight for d and i'm pushing for that very fight in that guinn to my knowledge has never been down or out.

vinny - not a lot to gain there. i don't think tv buys it.

michael grant - we offered grant the fight first when we eventually took on price. grant turned down showtime's 3 offers.
                tor hamer- tried to make that one. he took the nbc money (can't blame him- they could pay more) and got stopped. don't know if he'll fight again.

jason gavern- like that one. jason is a friend of mine. he needs a win or all we'll hear is, "wilder fights guy coming off 7 losses, etc" even if he doesn't get on track so we can fight we'll have him in for sparring. good guy, jason.

tony grano- love the fight! tv should also. tony has a belt but may be looking to ride it to a title shot without taking on the likes of deontay. but yes, i've put in for that fight and would love it for showtime/hbo.

pajkic- don't know him, unless he's the guy that dropped tyson fury. the canadian. i could be wrong. if he's won a couple since then, sure. just don't know much about him yet.
                monte barrett/fres oquendo - yes to both but both want to be paid and i don't blame them. they've been in the game a while and deserve showtime/hbo money to fight deontay. i actually prefer hasim rahman and have talked to his manager about it. we'll see.

richard towers- love the guy. maybe the nicest person on earth. was in camp with d in austria for klitschko. d and richard sparred. i don't think richards people would do it. just a big difference in experience right now in deontay's favor. richard is a class act, though.

i also love nicolai firtha. tough, tough guy who would be good for d that tv would like also.

ive proposed a super 6 american heavyweight tourney to showtime which includes, deontay wilder, malik scott, tony grano, david rodriguez, bryant jennings and joe hanks. no news so far.

as for greer, i like the fight for deontay in that we LITERALLY found out about it three days ago. try accepting a fight on a week's notice and then finding an opponent on a mexican tv budget that will take on wilder on the same week notice! lol. fighting a 15-8 guy with 13kos that went six of eight last year with (then) 29-0 dennis boytsov in germany and had james toney hurt (twice!) AND coming off a win is a good stay active fight. most fighters won't take a fight on a week's notice period but we did. and greer did. greer was actually to fight undefeated cuban mike perez. i don't remember people slamming that matchup!

i appreciate you being a fan and hope you continue to be. remember, of the top american 25 heavyweights, deontay is the youngest..by far! feel free to email me anytime and unlike some in boxing, i will try to respond. thanks, j

Comment

• Chris Byrd asks: Why will Haye not fight Fury or Price?

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...ri-ili-prajsom

Jonathan Banks expects Seth Mitchell to have a different approach in the rematch:

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...od-k-mitchellu

Comment

• Dereck Chisora will be back on March 16 in a ten round fight.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...a-ring-v-marte

According to allboxing, Wladimir Klitschko will be fighting Alexander Povetkin in Kiev, Ukraine.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2013-01-14_21_59.html

Mariusz Wach is now training without a coach, since his promoter blamed his trainer on the positive PED test results.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...ja-bez-trenera

Apparently there are reports in Romania that Manuel Charr will fight Bogdan Dinu on Feb 22. Dinu is a bona fide heavyweight talent, I think despite his lack of experience he might beat Charr.

Comment

• Man I don't think there are many HW bouts that I'd open my curtains for if they were fighting in my garden....

Comment

Working...
                      X