Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko says Wladimir-Povetkin will be in Kiev or Moscow:

http://korrespondent.net/sport/boks/...yatsya-v-kieve

Vitali says Haye lied, they have no agreement to fight.

http://sport.bigmir.net/boks/profi/1...e-dumaju-o-nem

Comment

• Comment

• Szpilka - Molo isnt sure yet. If Wlodarczyk-Mormeck happens in the same day Szpilka - Molo is off as they both have the same trainer Fiodor Lapin, and no one with a sound mind wont let Szpilka fight without him as he is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

• Nevermind Wlodarczyk- Mormeck is set for feb 9 in Gwinea.

Comment

• David Rodriguez says he will KO a Klitschko:

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/intervju...irovat-klichko

Cunningham-Adamek II had high ratings on NBC.

http://www.ringpolska.pl/tomasz-adam...erykanskiej-tv

Jonathan Banks interview (from The Ring website):

Ring: How is everything?

Johnathon Banks: I can't complain. I can not complain at all. I'm here in Detroit, and I can not complain at all.

Ring: How has life changed for you in Detroit?

JB: Well, you know, I was told by a very good friend of mine, Jameel McCline -- as a matter of fact, I just got off of the phone with him.

But we were in camp when I was training with Wladimir when I was told by Jameel McCline, you know, he said, "Listen young man, I'm going to tell you this now."

He said, "If you pull this off, meaning that if you train Wladimir, and you get him this win, and then, you go to Atlantic City, and you get yourself that win, then your life will never be the same."

He said, "I kid you not, but just be prepared for it." Then he said, "I'm looking into your eyes, and I'm seeing the intensity that you're training with, and I believe that you're going to do it."

But when he told me that my life would never be the same, it sort of went into one ear and out of the other. I just didn't think that it would be this way.

Then again, the week of the fight, he said, "Are you ready for your life to change?" I said, "Of course," but really, I didn't pay him no attention.

Ring: So was he right?

JB: Yeah, he was right. My life has definitely changed. But I had a lot of heart break as well, because I just buried an extremely close cousin of mine this past Saturday.

So there has just been a lot of heartache more so than anything, because I had to deal with Emanuel, and then, I had to deal with the fight, and then, after the fight, there was celebration.

After the celebration, I got some calls and did a lot of interviews, but I also got some calls about my cousin being killed. He was just buried this past Saturday, so it's been crazy.

Ring: What sort of demands have been made on your time?

JB: I've been doing so many different speaking engagements. I've been going to so many different juvenile homes and institutions and juvenile delinquent centers and youth homes.

I've been speaking to a lot of children. I've always done that, but now, the demand is higher and the attention rate has improved.

They're paying more attention because the majority of them have seen the fight. So since they've seen the fight, that's what I've been doing. I just did a television show yesterday.

A lot of people were shocked that I was working on Christmas day. But any message that I can get out to the children, then I'll do it.

The guy that I was on the show with, he's a local from Detroit, he said that he's never received that large of a call volume.

Ring: Will you continue to be the perceived underdog entering the rematch?

JB: I will come into this fight the same way that I did for every other fight, including the last one. My focus will be the same, and my game plan will be the same. My plan will be the same.

I'm not about to start changing anything because I have no reason to change anything right now. Just because I was the underdog before doesn't mean that I'm not the underdog now.

Ring: What do you mean?

JB: Well, there's a reason that they want this fight, and there is a reason that they want this rematch right away. They saw something that they think they can capitalize on, and all that I can say is, "Okay." You know?

So that's what they're coming to do. They're coming to try to capitalize on something that they didn't do the first time.

So a rematch is actually more dangerous than the first fight, because they fight has already happened and it's been said and done.

In the rematch, so much can be gained, and so much can be lost from the first fight when you go into the second fight. So that's what this is all about.

This is boxing. Boxing is what I do, and boxing is my life. Am I worried about the rematch? No. Was I worried about the first fight? No.

Am I confident about the rematch? Yes, just like I was confident about the first fight. I don't underestimate Seth Mitchell.

I say it once again, just like I said after the first fight, that I take my hat off to the guy. I have nothing bad to say about the guy.

He's a big guy. He's still a strong puncher. I still have to be careful. I still have to bring my best. If I don't, I'll be in trouble.

Comment

• Larry Donald returns to the ring Feb 9 against Jason Gavern:

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...aetsja-na-ring

(from www.f1ghtnews.com)

Arreola-Stiverne facing another delay?

The WBC heavyweight eliminator to find a mandatory challenger for Vitali Klitschko between WBC #1 Chris Arreola and WBC #2 Bermane Stiverne looks to have run into another roadblock.

The bout was originally to be promoted by Don King and take place by the end of December after DKP won a purse bid. The bout was then moved to January 26 on a Goossen Tutor card in Los Angeles headlined by Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik.

When Ward suffered an injury the card was pushed back to March 2. Now news that Ward-Pavlik is off (due to Ward needing shoulder surgery) could likely result in Arreola-Stiverne moving to yet another date.

Comment

• Oleg Maskaev "Boxing is my life"

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...eto-moja-zhizn

Artur Szpilka vs. Mike Mollo ESPN fight poster:

http://www.ringpolska.pl/artur-szpil...acie-gali-espn

Comment

• Lateef Kayode announced that he is moving up to heavyweight:

Kayode moving up to heavyweight - Dan Rafael Blog - ESPN

ESPN's year-end heavyweight rankings:

ESPN.com's division-by-division rankings - ESPN

Comment

• from www.f1ghtnews.com

Charr targets Haye

Heavyweight contender Manuel Charr has targeted David Haye in order to fast track a rematch with WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko. “I will do whatever it takes to make this fight happen,” said Charr. “I can only hope that Vitali doesn’t retire. I heard that David Haye wants to fight him, too. Well, David, we both have the same goal – so let us find out in the ring who should have the right to challenge Klitschko. I am hereby officially challenging you for an elimination bout!”

Another chance to secure a title shot would be winning the WBC World Cup which is supposed to start in May. “The WBC is looking for eight contenders for the World Cup,” states Charr. “I am honored to be on the short list. The winner of the tournament will become the mandatory challenger for the world championship.” The only problem is the World Cup is scheduled for a whole year which means that Charr – in case he wins the tournament – would be world title challenger in 2014 when Vitali Klitschko will most probably be retired.

But the “Diamond Boy” desperately wants to face Klitschko again to show the world that he can beat the best heavyweight fighter in the world. “That’s why I am calling out David Haye. I am not ducking anybody and only looking for the biggest challenge out there. David, if you’re reading this, come on and fight me! I’m ready and only waiting for you – let’s get it on!”

Comment

• Looks like the Artur Szpilka vs. Krzysztof Zimnoch fight is on for the Feb 23 Golota card in Poland. Szpilka is also fighting on Feb 1 in the US against Mike Mollo.

Zimnoch defeated Deontay Wilder in the amateurs.

Szpilka - Zimnoch na 100%, dystans - 10 rund

And more information on the fight here:

http://www.ringpolska.pl/artur-szpil...jeszcze-trwaja

Last edited by The Hammer; 12-30-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X