Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigel Benn helps Dillian Whyte in training.

Dillian Whyte on Haye, Joyce, Wilder et al

Last edited by yoz; 05-11-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Eddie Hearn announces $1BN deal

Other:

Hughie Fury-Sam Sexton weigh-in ahead of British title fight

Comment

• 11 May 2018

Juiseppe Cusumano (now 15-1, 13 KOs) STOPS Bernardo Marquez (8-4-1, 5KOs) in the 4th Round in Lincoln, RI, USA.

12 May 2018

Hughie Fury (now 21-1, 11KOs) STOPS Sam Sexton (24-4, 9KOs) in the 5th Round of their British HW Title fight in Bolton, UK.

Roberto Secola (now 8-0-1, 8KOs) DRAWS with Semen Levin (5-2-1, 2KOs) in their fight in Belgium.

Comment

• Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe, Ivan Dychko & undefeated heavyweight prospect Gregory Corbin at the Heavyweight Factory

Comment

• Tyson Fury on why he doesn't want to fight Tony Bellew

“I don’t want to fight Tony Bellew. The reason being, he’s a family man and he’s got a wife and kids. And I want him to stay healthy, stay boxing, and earn a few quid and go home easy to his family.

“But if he steps in the ring with the Gypsy King and I unleash hellfire on him — he’s only a small man and I could damage him, hurt him properly. You ain’t messin’ with a David Haye who’s 20 years out of date, you’re messin’ with someone who’s 6’9”, 19 stone, in the prime of me life, who could knock a wall down. One of the hardest punchers in heavyweight boxing but they don’t know it.

“I don’t wanna fight Tony Bellew. Tony Bellew is a light heavyweight/cruiserweight at best, so if I go in there and hurt him then what good is that? How does that make me feel, you know, when he shouldn’t even be in the ring anyway? Listen, we all need money but he doesn’t need money that bad, that he’s gonna lose his senses and get smashed to bits...

“I can let Tony Bellew hit me [right on the chin] and he wouldn’t hurt me. Klitschko detonated right hand after right hand on that jaw there...never wobbled me once. So, Dr. Iron Fists [probably meaning Dr. Steelhammer]. Saw what he done to Joshua with the same punch?! So Tony, poor ol’ Tony, be like a feather duster...

“The end of the day Tony should fight Andre Ward or someone on that level, who’s a light puncher, who’s smaller. Earn a few quid and pack it in. He’s done very well and I’m proud of him. But he doesn’t want no part of this, trust me on that. And I wouldn’t wanna get in there because if I hurt him like I say, I’ll be feeling bad all me life...It’s like putting a Pit Bull down to a Jack Russell, it’s not fair really. And that’s what it would be. It wouldn’t be fair...

“I feel for him and I want him to fight somebody who he’s capable of beating and that’s it, retire. As for even thinking about fighting me, I know it’s a publicity thing and Eddie Hearn, he’ll do anything for money. But one thing, Tony, when you’re hurt severely, Eddie Hearn won’t even put a phone call into ya. You’re a piece of meat to him. Forget about it.”

Comment

• Results from 19 May 2018

Trabzon, Turkey

Ali Eren Demirezen (now 9-0, 9KOs) STOPS Tornike Puritchamiashvili (11-9, 8KOs)
              Mario Daser (now 14-0, 7KOs) STOPS Claudio Morroni Porto (8-4-1, 7KOs)

Kansas, USA

Andrey Afonin (now 6-0, 3KOs) STOPS Pedro Julio Rodriguez (23-5, 19KOs)

Oleksandr Teslenko (now 13-0, 11KOs) STOPS Terrance "Big Jim" Marbra (9-6, 7 KOs)

Toronto, Canada

Oscar Rivas (now 24-0, 17KOs) WINS BY UD vs. Herve Hubeaux (29-3, 14KOs)

Comment

• Joshua wants Wilder fight in the UK

Tyson Fury to face Sefer Seferi in heavyweight comeback

Hughie Fury proves ratings hit on Channel 5

Antonio Tarver insists he's "not retired"

Dillian Whyte offers Dereck Chisora a street brawl as bad blood continues

British prospect Joe Joyce to return on June 15 at York Hall
                Last edited by yoz; 05-22-2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• American prospect, Amron Sands (4-0, 4KOs) to return on 21 July at the FedEx Forum, in Memphis.

Comment

• BJ Flores plans to continue his campaign at heavyweight; hints at imminent 'big name' fight.

Comment

• Dillian Whyte: Heavyweight boxing is full of cowards

Comment

Working...
                      X