No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    I didn't see Glazkov vs Hamer on the Admaek vs Cunningham card mentioned on the last page.
    I was on "vacation" when the news came out.

I put it on my identical thread on the saddo boxing website (can't link to it).

Comment

• Deontay Wilder's fight on Saturday will be dedicated to Emanuel Steward:

Уайлдер: Бой с Прайсом посвящу памяти Эмануэля Стюарда

David Haye is included in the new WBC rankings:

Дэвид Хэй включен в рейтинг WBC

Jonathan Banks-Seth Mitchell rematch will likely be on Feb 16 (televised by HBO):

Бой-реванш Митчелла с Бэнксом может состояться 16 февраля

Comment

• New WBC rankings:

C Vitali Klitschko

1. Chris Arreola (US)
        2. Bermane Stiverne (Canada) SILVER
        3. Johnathon Banks (US) INTL
        4. Tyson Fury (GB)
        5. David Haye (GB)
        6. Tony Grano (US) NABF
        7. Kubrat Pulev (Bulgaria) EBU
        8. Manuel Charr (Lebanon/Syria) INTL SILVER
        9. David Price (GB) BBB C/COMM
        10. Magomed Abdusalamov (Russia) USNBC
        11. Andrew Wawrzyk (Poland) CISBB
        12. Fres Oquendo (US)
        13. Luis Ortiz (Cuba) FECARBOX
        14. Kyotaro Fujimoto (Japan)
        15. Franklin Lawrence (US)

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          Jonathan Banks-Seth Mitchell rematch will likely be on Feb 16 (televised by HBO):

Бой-реванш Митчелла с Бэнксом может состояться 16 февраля
          Interesting. Is this just a case of the money interests behind Mitchell trying to have him make right the loss?

We never know of course, but I see Banks winning again, in similar fashion. Mitchell swings too wide and leaves himself too open, and Banks is sharp. Hard to see how this fight goes much differently. Another payday for Banks. Another heavyweight slugfest for the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            Interesting. Is this just a case of the money interests behind Mitchell trying to have him make right the loss?

We never know of course, but I see Banks winning again, in similar fashion. Mitchell swings too wide and leaves himself too open, and Banks is sharp. Hard to see how this fight goes much differently. Another payday for Banks. Another heavyweight slugfest for the fans.
            Jonathan Banks is honoring his rematch clause with Mitchell.

Less honorable men like Peter Quillan (N'Jikam) ignore rematch clauses.

Hopefully Banks will receive more money than Mitchell (he deserves to) but Seth is a pampered Haymon fighter so he'll likely be making a lot more.

Comment

• Wladimir beats Povetkin, Helenius and Fury next year. All by stoppage!

Comment

• Szpilka looking forward to 2013, promises step up in competition, jabing Adamek(big rivalry there) aiming Wilder clash at the end of 2013.

Szpilka is coming back after injury in February, most likely fighting Krzysztof Zimnoch 13-0-1, probably getting his ass kicked(Zimnoch beat him in amateurs)

Buffer will be ther to announce Adamek - Cunningham, fight will be comentated by Freedie Roach, BJ Flores(he ll be hating on Adamek like always) and Chris Mannix. Adamek Cunningham is happening around 11 pm Polish time, so it ll be around 3 pm in US, just like Adamek-Walker(due to PPV in Poland)
                Last edited by molinari; 12-12-2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by molinari View Post
                  Szpilka looking forward to 2013, promises step up in competition, jabing Adamek (big rivalry there) aiming Wilder clash at the end of 2013.

Szpilka is coming back after injury in February, most likely fighting Krzysztof Zimnoch 13-0-1, probably getting his ass kicked(Zimnoch beat him in amateurs).

Buffer will be there to announce Adamek - Cunningham, fight will be commentated by Freedie Roach, BJ Flores (he ll be hating on Adamek like always) and Chris Mannix. Adamek-Cunningham is happening around 11 pm Polish time, so it ll be around 3 pm in US, just like Adamek-Walker(due to PPV in Poland)
                  You're right, BJ Flores seems biased against Adamek.

I used to like Flores as a commentator, he did a nice job on the W. Klitschko-Chagaev and the V. Klitschko-Briggs fights.

But he was disgracefully biased against Tomasz in the fight with Chambers, and I expect he'll only be calling Cunningham's punches and not Adamek's on Dec 22.

I'm looking forward to this event, both Adamek-Cunningham and Glazkov-Hamer are good, competitive heavyweight matchups. I wouldn't mind seeing one of the winners fight Bryant Jennings in 2013.

Comment

• Comment

• Polish MMA fighter Tomasz Drval suspects Mariusz Wach's trainer Juan De Leon had something to do with the padding missing from the right glove and positive PED test results.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...v-dvojnoj-igre

Comment

Working...
                      X