No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Wladimir Klitschko admits he's embarrassed by his loss to heavyweight world champion Tyson Fury and has taken to using a -150C Cryosauna as his continues to prepare for their rematch later this summer.

'I made a mistake, I'm embarrassed by it,' admitted Klitschko, who took to Instagram on Sunday to reveal that he is using a cryosauna as part of his pre-fight preparations. Klitschko posted a picture of himself stood in the freezing cold cryosauna whilst wearing a protective face mask, hat and gloves.

He wrote: 'You think you really know what cold is? Cryosauna, -150C gives you one of the best recoveries for your body and mind.'

Athletes use whole body cryotherapy as an alternative to ice baths or cold water immersion as it is thought to aid recovery from delayed onset muscle soreness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box..._campaign=1490

What do you think to Klitschko's chances in the rematch ? I'm beginning to really get excited over this one now it is nearing fight week. I would have preferred the promotion to have been handled by a more competent promoter rather than Hennessey but I suppose the fight does not need any promoting for avid boxing fans, I haven't noticed any casuals even mentioning the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
      What do you think to Klitschko's chances in the rematch ? I'm beginning to really get excited over this one now it is nearing fight week. I would have preferred the promotion to have been handled by a more competent promoter rather than Hennessey but I suppose the fight does not need any promoting for avid boxing fans, I haven't noticed any casuals even mentioning the fight.
      Good to see you posting, mate.

I think Vladimir has good chances in the rematch, especially if he has managed to strengthen himself mentally from the first fight. He says himself that he will let his hands go so we'll have to believe that and it should make for a real fight. What we do know is that Vlad has overcome similar adversity before and that he has tons of experience in this type of situation. it is going to be very interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.
      Last edited by Weltschmerz; 06-15-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Good to see you posting, mate.

I think Vladimir has good chances in the rematch, especially if he has managed to strengthen himself mentally from the first fight. He says himself that he will let his hands go so we'll have to believe that and it should make for a real fight. What we do now is that Vlad has overcome similar adversity before and that he has tons of experience in this type of situation. it is going to be very interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.
        Agreed.

I like his attitude in the pressers and face offs, he appears to fully appreciate and respect Fury and simply has told us he recognises what is needed. Fury has awoken a sleeping giant, if he can revert to an earlier career style and be more aggressive as well as his studious patient self, coupling both I don't see how he can lose.

I recall Wlad and Banks talking between rounds and felt they were being patient last out, I think they both got it horrifically wrong being patient, they didnt show Fury the correct respect, if he comes out in the 1-2 like he did when he knew he had to in the 12th it's curtains early doors for the big oaf, scumbag.

Even in the event Wlad wins im not expecting these contractually obliged Showtime fighters Joshua and Wilder to entertain the again champ, he's just too much for both of these cash cows for Haymon and Hearn to remotely even consider.

Comment

• "Wlad letting his hands go" is not gonna be enough. He needs to target Fury's body - whether it be jab or straight right or punching to the body on the inside. Also, I like Klitschko's chances in this rematch; Wlad has always been a guy who has learned from his past mistakes and is willing to improve his game. He's more focused than ever to proving himself.

Comment

• Joseph Parker's recent win over Carlos Takam has taken the New Zealand heavyweight to new heights in the world rankings.

The unanimous points victory, which earned Parker the mandatory right to fight for the IBF's belt, has now been factored into the rankings of three of the four major organisations.

Parker lifted from No 4 to No 1 with the IBF when their new rankings were released this week.

Joseph Parker throws a right during his win over Carlos Takam that has lifted him up the heavyweight rankings.

The WBC haven't released their June rankings yet with Parker still listed at No 6, but expected to rise there as well.

Parker's next opponent, Australian veteran Solomon Haumono, is ranked No 11 with the WBA, his only listing in the top 15 of any of the major organisations.

Parker has also risen on the IBO rankings, moving from No 10 to No 6 with an organisation that boasts they are the "only sanctioning body with unbiased, computerised rankings".

Respected independent outfit BoxRec have Parker at No 8 on their heavyweight rankings.

Takam's loss has been costly. The French fighter has dropped from No 3 to No 6 with the IBF and has tumbled out of the WBA's top 15.

Meanwhile, Parker's trainer Kevin Barry emphasised the need for patience as Parker awaits his title shot.

Barry is happy to keep Parker busy while the details of an inevitable clash with IBF champion Anthony Joshua are worked through. Parker will fight Haumono on July 21 in Christchurch and has another fight scheduled for September.

"This decision of what we do is one that is made by our promoters, Dean Lonergan and David Higgins at Duco Events, but we are currently the mandatory to fight the IBF champion and although champions sometimes change, we will still be the mandatory until we fight.", said Barry.

Joshua's promoters are eager to get Parker on one of his London undercards to help introduce the Kiwi to the big British market. Barry didn't doge that.

"We have a lot of options of the table now, but again this is a decision that would be made by our promoters," Barry said.

"Joshua has a deal with Showtime and they are well aware of who Joseph Parker is. I'm sure that they wish we had campaigned Joe more in the US (and UK). However, that wasn't the path that we decided to take.

"Anthony is a very good athlete and a fighter that is developing in skill every time we see him fight. Every fighter has strengths and weaknesses but I am impressed with what Anthony Joshua has been showing of late.

"The fight with Joe will be a great fight."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...ibf-title-shot
            Last edited by Weltschmerz; 06-18-2016, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Chris Arreola says he has "nothing to lose" when he challenges Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight title in Birmingham, Alabama next month.

Two-time previous world title challenger Arreola (36-4-1-KO31) meets the champion in his hometown on July 16, after Wilder (36-0-KO35) saw a clash with Alexander Povetkin postponed last month when the Russian failed a drugs test.

"I'm ready for this opportunity to fight Deontay. I'm going to get up there and give everyone in Birmingham a great show," Arreola said.

"That is my job. I always come ready to fight. I always come ready for a brawl.

"I have to approach this fight different than any others. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Deontay has a lot to lose.

"I have to make the best out of this opportunity. He is doing what he is supposed to do as a champion. He is defending his title. He is going to come prepared. He knows what kind of fighter I am. I am going to give it my all."

The clash with Arreola is Wilder's fourth defence of the WBC title he won after beating Bermane Stiverne at the beginning of last year.

The American admitted his frustration at seeing last month's clash with Povetkin fall through but is now keen to look to the immediate future, against a fighter he knows will bring everything to the ring on July 16.

"Of course everyone knows what happened with Povetkin with my last fight," Wilder said.

"I was super-prepared and everything, travelled to a whole other country and continued training. I was a different fighter - a different Deontay with everything I did.

"I was ready to represent my country, too. Things happen. This is boxing. It is a business. The saying is, 'One door closes and another one opens.' This is a prime example of that.

"I understand being patient and patience is a virtue. I've been patient all my life.
                "As you see Chris Arreola stayed patient. You wonder why he continued to get title fights. It is his time. Some guys get chances after chances and some don't. You can't deny him. You can't look past him.

"With the circumstances that we were facing, to come back and do a short notice-type fight, as far as looking for opponents, we knew it had to be the right person.

"We needed a fighter that would fit the description that he would fight with his heart, give it his all."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...se-opportunity

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  "Wlad letting his hands go" is not gonna be enough. He needs to target Fury's body - whether it be jab or straight right or punching to the body on the inside. Also, I like Klitschko's chances in this rematch; Wlad has always been a guy who has learned from his past mistakes and is willing to improve his game. He's more focused than ever to proving himself.
                  Agreed. I see a shift in Wlad's mentality in pressers and interviews, if he fully comprehends the task at hand I believe he wins. The fact Fury is not a spiteful puncher gives me confidence Wlad can get the job done throwing away inhibition of being unable to land the left jab at will consequently followed by the huge right. He just needs to mix it up and of course with greater activity.

The cards were not too far apart last out, their is cause for optimism.

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Chris Arreola says he has "nothing to lose" when he challenges Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight title in Birmingham, Alabama next month.

Two-time previous world title challenger Arreola (36-4-1-KO31) meets the champion in his hometown on July 16, after Wilder (36-0-KO35) saw a clash with Alexander Povetkin postponed last month when the Russian failed a drugs test.

"I'm ready for this opportunity to fight Deontay. I'm going to get up there and give everyone in Birmingham a great show," Arreola said.

"That is my job. I always come ready to fight. I always come ready for a brawl.

"I have to approach this fight different than any others. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Deontay has a lot to lose.

"I have to make the best out of this opportunity. He is doing what he is supposed to do as a champion. He is defending his title. He is going to come prepared. He knows what kind of fighter I am. I am going to give it my all."

The clash with Arreola is Wilder's fourth defence of the WBC title he won after beating Bermane Stiverne at the beginning of last year.

The American admitted his frustration at seeing last month's clash with Povetkin fall through but is now keen to look to the immediate future, against a fighter he knows will bring everything to the ring on July 16.

"Of course everyone knows what happened with Povetkin with my last fight," Wilder said.

"I was super-prepared and everything, travelled to a whole other country and continued training. I was a different fighter - a different Deontay with everything I did.

"I was ready to represent my country, too. Things happen. This is boxing. It is a business. The saying is, 'One door closes and another one opens.' This is a prime example of that.

"I understand being patient and patience is a virtue. I've been patient all my life.
                  "As you see Chris Arreola stayed patient. You wonder why he continued to get title fights. It is his time. Some guys get chances after chances and some don't. You can't deny him. You can't look past him.

"With the circumstances that we were facing, to come back and do a short notice-type fight, as far as looking for opponents, we knew it had to be the right person.

"We needed a fighter that would fit the description that he would fight with his heart, give it his all."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...se-opportunity
                  Nothing to lose, everything to gain. I like this fight. I'd have preferred Povetkin yet I believe that fight still happens.

Comment

• Comment

• 27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

Comment

Working...
                      X