Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughie Fury talked to Associated Press ahead of his fight with Dominick Guinn this Saturday,

We're looking to clean it up [the HW division] , 100 percent. Eventually I'll get there, and the Furys will rule ... Tyson tells me a lot, he tells me what I'm doing wrong, and he gives me advice and I listen ... I'm more of a quiet person. I keep myself to myself. I do my talking in the ring.
    Hughie was a world amateur champion at super-heavyweight level in 2012, after which he turned professional. But his pro career had a setback in 2014 when he was laid off for most of the year for health reasons, with his body being unable to tolerate certain types of food. It made him feel weak and permanently tired,

I thought I was never going to box again. But I got back on my feet and we are starting over ... I'm more ready than Anthony Joshua to fight for a world title, I'd say. I've got experience under my belt, I've done the rounds and I've fought tougher people. Whoever my dad thinks is best, is best. Pretty much now, after I beat this guy, I'm on that world level and I'll be ready. When it comes, it comes.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-23-05-12-48

Comment

• Wladimir Klitschko 'not giving retirement any thoughts'

The veteran turns 40 years of age on Friday and would relish the chance to box for more Olympic medals having won the Super heavyweight gold for Ukraine at the 1996 Atlanta Games. Professional boxers are set to be eligible to compete at the Rio Olympic Games this August under radical proposals being pushed through by the world governing body, AIBA, and set to be voted on in June.

But Klitschko, who has won 64 of his 68 bouts since turning professional in 1996, says his priority is to win back the WBA, WBO, IBO and IBF belts he lost on points to Britain's Fury in Duesseldorf last November.

A date for their rematch has yet to be confirmed.

He said,

I think it's right that professional boxers be allowed to compete (in Rio), but it's not a foregone conclusion that it'll happen. I am convinced a lot of pro fighters will have difficulties dealing with the style of the amateurs. My first task is the rematch against Fury. If it fits into my time plan, I'm not ruling out a start at the Rio Olympics. If it's allowed, I'll be there. It would be an incredible feeling to be at the Olympics again 20 years after my gold medal in Atlanta.
      http://www.iol.co.za/sport/boxing/kl...-glory-2001046

Comment

• EXCLUSIVE @Tyson_Fury vsWladimir@Klitschko ‘looking like it will be in England in July’ https://t.co/hsQzfFRybk pic.twitter.com/ls1KwiZO6W

— Boxing News (@BoxingNewsED) 24. marts 2016

Comment

• Mick Hennessy:

Negotiations are going very well for it to be in this country [England] in July. It’s looking like July in the UK. It’s a stadium fight. That’s all I can say for now ...I’m 90 per cent optimistic we’ll get this fight in July and in this country. That’s what all the hold’s up been, because we’ve been trying to get it over here,” he told us. All good things are worth waiting for. I’m sure it will get announced in the next two or three weeks and then everyone’s got another big fight to look forward to.
          http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...gland-in-july/

Comment

• Rising prospect Dave Allen says he will become Britain's best heavyweight in two years:

If you're in the top five in Britain alone, you are in the top 15 in the world. I am not there now, I won't be there tomorrow, I won't be there in 12 months, but in 24 months I see myself being top of the pile.
            http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...two-years-time

Comment

• Weekend fights,

Saturday:

Gary Cornish - Kamil Sokolowski
              Boban Filipovic - Radenko Kovac

David Allen - Jason Gavern
              Sheffield Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
              commission British Boxing Board of Control
              promoter Eddie Hearn (Matchroom Boxing)
              matchmaker Neil Bowers
              television United Kingdom SKY, Panama RPC Channel 4, Hungary Sport 2
              tickets 01142 565656

Hughie Fury - Dominick Guinn
              Young Fury - TBA
              Wembley Arena, Wembley, London, United Kingdom
              commission: British Boxing Board of Control
              promoter: Mick Hennessy (Hennessy Sports)
              matchmaker: John Ingle
              tickets: 0844 8150815
              television: United Kingdom Channel 5

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by Weltschmerz; 03-27-2016, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Tyson Fury has threatened to walk away from Wladimir Klitschko fight negotiations, stating:

I can't go into camp right now because I'm injured. I've just got to wait for this injury to clear up and then I can start training again. I've got a back injury. An old injury flared up when I went over to help Hughie out for his fight on Saturday. I've been hurt quite badly.

That's not the reason for the delay over the rematch, that's because they are messing around. It's not a reason that my back is hurt, they're just messing about. They're not coming up with a date and whatever, we can't agree. So if we can't agree terms, I'll move on to somebody else.
                    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-negotiations
                    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 03-29-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Lucas Browne is set to produce evidence he hopes will clear his name.
                      His camp was in possession of internal testing they believe will clear their fighter. That will likely be produced when the 36-year-old fronts the media in his native Perth, Australia. He has yet to decide whether he will have US-based drug agency VADA test his B Sample but has suggested his food or drink may have been tampered with in the lead-up to the bout. VADA is a reputable body but drug testing can be a murky business in Eastern Europe.

It is believed Browne was tested by VADA just hours after stepping off the plane in preparation for the bout. His camp will contend that test came back clean and it was only a later test that showed signs of the banned drug, which cost Alberto Contador his 2010 Tour de France title. Clenbuterol typically remains in the system for anywhere between a day to 40 hours so any infringement occurred in the prelude to the fight.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/b...29-gntbli.html

Comment

Working...
                      X