No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    I'm content with the Wilder Duhaupas fight as long as he elects to face the champ or his mandate next up.

I don't think a lot of folk understand this fight is also about national exposure which may very well lead to a ppv vs the champ or in the very least put him in the Hearst and minds of his fellow American's. folk be quick to crucify his ass for taking a stay busy fight when he's povketing a million when he fights. Dude has a daughter man.
    I agree for the most part. However, if it's about national exposure, surely it'd make sense to put Wilder as a co-headliner on a major event? Sure the fight, itself, would be an initial loss-maker for his promoter, but it would get casuals talking (a la the Tyson run...).

To me, Wilder has been mismanaged - few Americans know who he is, let alone that they have a heavyweight champ.

He needs to be seen on big PPV bills, not in some cow shed in Alabama.

Comment

• Looking forward to Klitschko vs Fury that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        I agree for the most part. However, if it's about national exposure, surely it'd make sense to put Wilder as a co-headliner on a major event? Sure the fight, itself, would be an initial loss-maker for his promoter, but it would get casuals talking (a la the Tyson run...).

To me, Wilder has been mismanaged - few Americans know who he is, let alone that they have a heavyweight champ.

I believe so too, whatever may come, Wilder has two options next unify or mandate. From all accounts it sounds like the WBC want him to face Povetkin, no doubt with that huge potential purse they want their cut, would the WBC make as much should Wilder unify, I could only see that if it was ppv.

It's impossible to second guess what Haymon will do, let's be honest Wilder literally has no say here whatsoever man. Is Haymon short of cash he could even use the Wilder vs Klitschko fight as a national tv fight imagine the coverage it brings to his PBC venture, what does Povetkin vs Wilder in Russia do for them ? 10 million in the short term or huge marketing for his new shows ?

One thing is certain, it will be interesting to see how these hinges shape out.

Originally posted by b d w View Post
        You could be right, I know Parker's team were trying to get Charr before this defeat.
        A shame Parker was not able to get that fight, I'm sure he would have ko'd him just as impressively as Povetkin. I would very much have liked to have seen that fight before Charr's ko loss to the cruiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
          Looking forward to Klitschko vs Fury that's it.
          Their are some exciting fighters and fights coming through right now,Parker, Whyte vs Joshua, Wach vs Povetkin is an exciting match up IMO, unless you only care for British and American challengers to Klitschko!

Comment

• Bryan Passes Toughest Test In Vegas

Trevor Bryan Wins Heavyweight Slugfest Against Derric Rossy

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              The venue was 8500 seats and Wilder sold it out. Building a fighter is not a sign of poor management.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
                The venue was 8500 seats and Wilder sold it out. Building a fighter is not a sign of poor management.
                But Wilder is not a prospect or an up-and-comer who needs to be "built".

He's been a pro since 2008, he's nearly 30 and he's WBC champ.

It's time for his management to stop pampering him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  But Wilder is not a prospect or an up-and-comer who needs to be "built".

He's been a pro since 2008, he's nearly 30 and he's WBC champ.

It's time for his management to stop pampering him.
                  Lets give Wilder a pass on the Duhaupas fight and judge him on his next move. I believe he needed another fight before Sascha but I wouldn't have said Johann lol, anyway they're playing it safe and it's understandable considering his two options after this. Their is a lot money riding on the next fight/s.

Comment

• Trey Lippe KOs Cory Phelps in round one

Comment

• Added Charles Martin vs. Vicente Sandez to the schedule (on the Wilder-Duhapas undercard).

Comment

Working...
                      X