Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Johnson retires

Comment

• Comment

• Quite surprised Joshua had him out of their so quickly, but I expected a stoppage. Wise to retire I think, is only ever going to be a mark for up and comers now.

Comment

• I expected the stoppage as well but not as soon, I'm however not sold on the hype train though.

Eddie Hearn is a pathetic little man who is notorious for repping up fighters just for a gigantic fall, I mean KJ was a guy coming off of what... 3 losses in a row?
          Yet we all want to treat this like he beat some legitimate opponent?!?!
          NO, he just fought some mofo that he was tailored to beat, why in **** do you think they're fretting and taking their time to fight Dillian Whyte and David Price?

Comment

• Anthony Joshua floors Kevin Johnson in the second round at the O2 Arena

Anthony Joshua looks sensational in stopping Kevin Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              I expected the stoppage as well but not as soon, I'm however not sold on the hype train though.

Eddie Hearn is a pathetic little man who is notorious for repping up fighters just for a gigantic fall, I mean KJ was a guy coming off of what... 3 losses in a row?
              Yet we all want to treat this like he beat some legitimate opponent?!?!
              NO, he just fought some mofo that he was tailored to beat, why in **** do you think they're fretting and taking their time to fight Dillian Whyte and David Price?
              Absolutely agree.

The odd thing is, Hearn said, after AJ's second or third fight, he wanted to avoid a KO train. Now he's seeking out shot fighters and lining them up to build up this hype.

Who next? Hasim Rahman?

AJ needs to be fighting the likes of Sherman Williams, Alexander Ustinov etc. in his next 3-4 fights.

Comment

• I think Pulev-Joshua would be a good fight. However I think Pulev will probably only want a top 10 Heavyweight in his next big fight, Joshua is just outside the top 10 ATM.

Comment

• Anthony Joshua: A Man on a Mission to Become Champion

Comment

• Comment

• Having seen Hearn match Joshua with guys like Avila, Zumbano and Johnson, I genuinely believe they're trying to get him rounds, I'm not so sure what the Sprott fight was all about, but hey, he's done what he's done and he's related his own hype. Lets get sh/t straight, he has fought guys who haven't been stopped, generally durable over ten rounds etc, this ain't no Wilder repeat, Wilder was fed guys stopped in rounds one etc and went out and did the same thing in quicker, but they were finding him as they still are guys to fall over.

I do not like Hearn, but when you're getting guys in who usually good for 10-12 rounds you can't criticise in his number of fights he has had, the guy Chisora stopped in nine and AJ destroyed their was no telling AJ would destroy him in a round. Ok some of the match making has been laughable, Jason Gavern who was only his last opponent was no slouch, AJ duly sodomised his poor ass.

I think the next stage is to now get him guys he has to worry can hurt yet they themselves have been stopped multiple times, somebody you know will want to go out swinging, ie Arreola, Leapai or Tupou. These guys have power but generally fold down the stretch, we've tried to watch him with durable light punchers, now is the time to get him guys he has to be wary of even though he is expected to win.

I don't buy into hype, but a feel it a little unfair to label Joshua a hype train when their has clearly been a different approach in how Joshua has been brought along in comparison to Wilder. Wilder is fed guys we know will fall, with Johnson we all kinda suspected he would go, but he hadnt been stopped. These are the guys he avoided being matched with so they wouldn't derail his express train, AJ is destroying guys Wilder wouldn't face.

Comment

Working...
                      X