Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Can't criticise Browne, really - he wants the big fights. Honestly, though, he stands no chance. He's far too cumbersome to contend.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Can't criticise Browne, really - he wants the big fights. Honestly, though, he stands no chance. He's far too cumbersome to contend.
        Dude is just a heavy bag at world level,he's a solid fringe contender at best.thats being fair to him too.

I can't see him beating an in shape Chagaev,Ortiz I believe would have beat him too.disappointing the behemoth has failed PED testin,hopefully he stays focused and committed as Wach has during his stint out,well if you consider hanging out wi 'mules' as focus and commitment I suppose he is doing just fine :/

Some interesting guys returning to action within the division right now.

Comment

• HBO and Barclay's Center wants Bryant Jennings, but will not accept Shannon Briggs.

However, RTL and a venue in Munich will accept Shannon Briggs as Klitschko's opponent.

So if Jennings doesn't sign, Wladimir may fight in Germany and not on HBO against Briggs (or may fight in Kiev on May 30).

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            HBO and Barclay's Center wants Bryant Jennings, but will not accept Shannon Briggs.

However, RTL and a venue in Munich will accept Shannon Briggs as Klitschko's opponent.

So if Jennings doesn't sign, Wladimir may fight in Germany and not on HBO against Briggs (or may fight in Kiev on May 30).
            I'm against this Briggs fight if it isn't in the States.

Ukraine is in the midst of a civil war,I know Kiev is far removed from the hotbeds of the eastern border with Russia,but we've seen a lot of chaos within Kiev itself too recently.

If its Munich he should find an entirely different opponent.

Comment

• Really hope he doesn't give Briggs a pay day.

Who next, James Toney?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Really hope he doesn't give Briggs a pay day.

Who next, James Toney?
                I myself really don't want to see the Briggs fight either,and I certainly don't want to see the dude grab a pay day.but if no Jennings whilst trying to gain HBO exposure and polarise the American casual fans into a unification I see no better opponent.Briggs has built the fight already,it literally needs no promotion but the promotion would further endear the American public to Wlad's cause,the green belt.

The fight will almost certainly end by KO,or at least i hope so lol.

It truly is a pathetic fight though.something I have been vigorously opposed to previously,I still am to a certain degree.with Fury going nowhere and that fight a certainty as long as the Brit wants it,with Stiverne and Wilder tied up a little while longer after camp who genuinely is there left ? Glazkov and Browne are no more deserving than Briggs as is Jennings.Joshua and Parker are far from ready although looked far better prospects than all the above mentioned.

It's a shame Chisora and Price fell by the wayside,certain fans believed they represented a threat at one time,before finding their ceiling and level.

Comment

• Deontay Wilder interested in facing Tyson Fury after Stiverne fight

Deontay Wilder warns Bermane Stiverne: "You don’t understand what type of man you’re about to get in the ring with"

Deontay Wilder: My plan was to just be a journeyman before I set my sights on the Olympics

Hughie Fury Returns On Feb 21

Comment

• Stiverne-Wilder purses revealed

Stiverne with 20lb weight advantage over Deontay Wilder

Comment

• Next fight lined up for Mike Perez

Deontay Wilder: I may have only been four rounds but I have no worries at all about going 12

Stiverne vs Wilder: 5 Reasons to Watch Tonight's Fight

Bermane Stiverne and Deontay Wilder agree: Expect a short night on January 17

Comment

Working...
                      X