• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Joseph Parker finds himself in high demand

Chsiora vs. Fury II in Nov.

Does Deontay Wilder deserve a title shot?
        Last edited by yoz; 08-11-2014, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          Very impressed with Joseph Parker. He is only 22.... I am really looking forward to watching his career progress

Anthony Joshua-Joseph Parker in 2016?

Comment

• Hypothetical question: You be the manager, promoter or advisor to Czar Glazkov. He is currently ranked #2 by the IBF and may be inline for a title shot against Wladimir Klitschko next year.

What do you do with him? Do you "cash out" with a title shot against Wlad in a fight that he has little chance of winning? Or do you keep him active and match him up against opponents that will help him develop? Other alternative(s)?

For me, the jury's still out on Glaskov. He's had moments where he's looked very good while other times he looks very average. I was disappointed in his performance against Derick Rossy last Sat. He allowed himself to get outworked, roughed up against a guy he was supposed to blow through. If his handlers are grooming him for a title shot then he has a long long way to go. However, with the high IBF ranking, he could get his shot maybe early to midway next year.

What say you?

Comment

• WAR FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Hypothetical question: You be the manager, promoter or advisor to Czar Glazkov. He is currently ranked #2 by the IBF and may be inline for a title shot against Wladimir Klitschko next year.

What do you do with him? Do you "cash out" with a title shot against Wlad in a fight that he has little chance of winning? Or do you keep him active and match him up against opponents that will help him develop? Other alternative(s)?

For me, the jury's still out on Glaskov. He's had moments where he's looked very good while other times he looks very average. I was disappointed in his performance against Derick Rossy last Sat. He allowed himself to get outworked, roughed up against a guy he was supposed to blow through. If his handlers are grooming him for a title shot then he has a long long way to go. However, with the high IBF ranking, he could get his shot maybe early to midway next year.

What say you?
                Rossy had the best night of his career. He's more focused now and in better shape than he used to be.

Still, if Glazkov was at his best I would have expected him to win more easily.
                Vyacheslav is in line for the next IBF heavyweight final eliminator. He should go for a world title shot and a million dollar payday ASAP instead of fighting for peanuts.

If he loses a title fight, he can always go back to easier opponents and smaller paydays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  Rossy had the best night of his career. He's more focused now and in better shape than he used to be.

Still, if Glazkov was at his best I would have expected him to win more easily.
                  Vyacheslav is in line for the next IBF heavyweight final eliminator. He should go for a world title shot and a million dollar payday ASAP instead of fighting for peanuts.

If he loses a title fight, he can always go back to easier opponents and smaller paydays.
                  Yeah, I guess that's the sensible thing to do. Take the opportunity when it presents itself. I just got the sense, watching him (Glazkov) the other night, that he is ill prepared to fight for a title if he's struggling against someone like Rossy.

Ideally, a two fight (IBF) eliminator might be his best option since he'd have to fight the top contenders to get the number 1 spot

Comment

• Andy Ruiz Jr vs. Sergei Lyakhovich

I worry for Sergei's health, he's taken too many brutal beatings.

Comment

• Grantlee Kieza @GrantleeKieza
                      IBF Ratings member says @bigdaddybrowne1 may fight Glazkov for IBF No.1 spot after Klitschko-Pulev @HitmanHatton @MattClarkBoxing #Bigtime

(Grantlee Kieza is a respected Australian sports journalist)

Comment

Working...
                      X