Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on David Haye's comeback opponent? Chagaev? Honestly don't see him fighting a live HW - why change a habit of a lifetime?

On a separate note, it's time for some of the HW prospects to step up; Ruiz and Washington especially.

Comment

• Time for Ruiz to consider a good diet and training plan more like lol.

Comment

• Deontay Wilder to stay active against Mike Sheppard

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            Time for Ruiz to consider a good diet and training plan more like lol.
            Ruiz has lost a lot of weight already.worth reading up on him a little,if he can continue to shed more,I don't see any reason why he can't pick up a title after Wlad retires.

Off topic was anyone else not dubious of the scorecards at the weekend regarding Browne and Rudenko,I thought they were atrocious.not disappointed Rudenko actually lost as Briwne has more power to question the current crop of contenders,it's just these unbeaten prospects keep travelling to compete on Warren cards and are repeatedly being jobbed.to say Rudenko only took three rounds on one card ? Please.

Appears to be a recurring theme on British cards,increasingly on Warren and Hearn cards.I have heard the British view of German promoters etc,how is their any grounds to point the finger at other promoters ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              I wonder does Kubrat intend on taking that thing into the ring with him,he shall need it.

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Any word on David Haye's comeback opponent? Chagaev? Honestly don't see him fighting a live HW - why change a habit of a lifetime?

On a separate note, it's time for some of the HW prospects to step up; Ruiz and Washington especially.
              I hope Chagaev vs Haye is named next,fingers crossed Haye wins too.Haye may find himself a permanent resident at the pleasure of Kadyrov,in his cellar.

Comment

I heard from a reliable source that David Haye may sign a contract with a Russian promoter and appear on the September 27 event in Moscow.

If he does, I imagine he'll target Ruslan Chagaev's WBA "regular" title although his first fight back may be with someone else.
                yeah if haye takes the chagaev fight right away he might struggle bad..
                Even if his shoulder is back ring rust will be a factor IMO

Comment

• Another twist in the Fury withdrawal
                  Boxing star Tyson Fury has suffered another devastating family blow after it was revealed his wife has lost their unborn baby.

The Morecambe heavyweight’s wife Paris was five months pregnant with the couple’s third child.

But Tyson’s uncle and trainer Peter Fury told World Boxing News that Paris suffered a miscarriage in the days leading up to his scheduled fight with Alexander Ustinov.

Peter revealed the tragic news as his brother, and Tyson’s uncle Hughie Fury was fighting for his life in the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.

He said that Hughie, from Lancaster, was in a coma after suffering complications from a routine knee operation which led to a blood clot. Tyson’s fight with the Russian Ustinov, scheduled for the Phones4U Arena in Manchester on July 26, was called off after he heard about his uncle’s condition. Ustinov was himself a late replacement for Dereck Chisora, who pulled out with a hand injury before Tyson received news of his wife’s miscarriage.

Peter hit out at users of social media who criticised his nephew for withdrawing from the fight.

“As Tyson’s trainer, I was not going into a fight with my brother in a hospital fighting for his life with his wife and children in despair,” said Peter.

“I wanted to be there for them all. The seriousness of our situation speaks for itself and only when life is on the line will Tyson consider cancellation of any fight against anyone. People are too eager at times to jump on false propaganda that only aids the perpetrators who put these type of comments out in the first place for their own tactless favour.”

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kingkongboxing

KING KONG BOXING @kingkongboxing
                    ok guys its official LATEEF KAYODE vs LUIS ORTIZ for the interim Title of the WBA ..about time!!!!!!!!

King Kong Boxing, the manager of Luis Ortiz, has announced Luis Ortiz vs. Lateef Kayode (WBA #5) is on for Thursday September 11.

Comment

https://twitter.com/kingkongboxing

KING KONG BOXING @kingkongboxing
                      ok guys its official LATEEF KAYODE vs LUIS ORTIZ for the interim Title of the WBA ..about time!!!!!!!!

King Kong Boxing, the manager of Luis Ortiz, has announced Luis Ortiz vs. Lateef Kayode (WBA #5) is on for Thursday September 11.
                      Winner faces Chagaev at some point.sounds great,hopefully Chagaev get himself into shape,he looked truly awful last out.

Comment

Working...
                      X