No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
    I'm a big Wladimir fan, but carrying Leapai really annoyed me. He is, arguably, the worst opponent Wlad has faced in recent times. I'd like to see Wlad be more instinctive and clinical.
    If you're looking for a ferocious Mike Tyson-esche KO you're not gonna see it with Wladimir Klitschko. I thought Wlad was more aggressive than usual as he picked apart Leapei with his jabs and right hands; he also landed the occasional body shot. He fought at a measured pace, wasn't overly aggressive and got the job done when the opening presented itself

Comment

I'm a big Wladimir fan, but carrying Leapai really annoyed me. He is, arguably, the worst opponent Wlad has faced in recent times. I'd like to see Wlad be more instinctive and clinical.
      Carrying? I saw none of that. Wlad fought with perfection and ease, while respecting Leapais power. Easy nights work. And Leapai is not the worst opponent in recent times, that was Mormeck. Leapai was simply overmatched and stood no chance.

Bring on Stiverne when he beats Arreola again, bring on Fury, Wilder. Those are better fights for Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Carrying? I saw none of that. Wlad fought with perfection and ease, while respecting Leapais power. Easy nights work. And Leapai is not the worst opponent in recent times, that was Mormeck. Leapai was simply overmatched and stood no chance.

Bring on Stiverne when he beats Arreola again, bring on Fury, Wilder. Those are better fights for Wlad.
        Aye, I've just rewatched the fight. I think I was left disappointed by some of the pre-fight comments.

Like you say, bring on Pulev, Stiverne and Wilder!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          If you're looking for a ferocious Mike Tyson-esche KO you're not gonna see it with Wladimir Klitschko. I thought Wlad was more aggressive than usual as he picked apart Leapei with his jabs and right hands; he also landed the occasional body shot. He fought at a measured pace, wasn't overly aggressive and got the job done when the opening presented itself
          I would agree, no doubt. I wasn't expecting a reckless performance, I just felt he could have got Leapai out of there earlier. As you say, he threw a variation of punches, including body shots, so we was clearly comfortable and saw little to no threat in Leapai.

Video for those who missed the fight:

Last edited by yoz; 04-27-2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Aye, I've just rewatched the fight. I think I was left disappointed by some of the pre-fight comments.

Like you say, bring on Pulev, Stiverne and Wilder!
            I forgot to mention Pulev. Although I think Wilder and Fury can do better, Fury with his awkwardness and hes kind of unpredictable and unorthodox in his whole style. Although I have no doubt Wlad will take him apart and expose him big time. Wilder has serious power which is a threat alone. Id really like to see an in shape Helenius too, but that seems far away at this point.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3950rxiwqs

Manuel Charr calling out Wladimir Klitschko

Comment

• Wladimir Klitschko destroys Alex Leapai in five rounds

Wladimir Klitschko beats Alex Leapai

More on Klitschko-Leapai

Excellent article on the fight here: Klitschko still king

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
                  I thought it was virtually flawless performance by Wladimir yesterday.

Even Dwyer, who is normally very hard on Wlad, praised yesterday's performance:

That guy is a good analysist, never heard of him before. I like how he mentioned that Fury could bring more trouble, which I agree on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
                    A lot of keyboard people. I get angry

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X