Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Chambers: "Preparation has been great...not only am I still relevant, but also a real contender"

Steve Cunningham fighting for more than just a belt

Odlanier Solis tells us, again, that he's in shape for Tony Thompson

Odlanier Solis Motivated By Arrival Of His Family

Comment

• Comment

• Wladimir Klitschko trains in Hollywood for bout, but thoughts are in native Ukraine

Comment

• Comment

• After a pair of wins in 2013 against David Price, American heavyweight veteran Tony Thompson called out Tyson Fury repeatedly, but the challenges weren't answered. Thompson, who lost to Kubrat Pulev in August 2013 and faces Odlanier Solis on Saturday in Istanbul, Turkey, still has Fury on his mind.

"He is a loudmouth guy, he's talking his way into big fights and hasn't done anything," said Thompson. "At least David Price's people had the gumption and balls to put him in with a live heavyweight. Tyson has never been in the ring with anyone like me," said Thompson.

"All of his opponents pose a threat to him simply because he can't fight. But they haven't put him in there with anyone who is capable of exposing him, although a few people almost did it. If Cunningham was a legitimate heavyweight he would have stopped Fury easily. A couple of other guys would have beat his ass."

Thompson (38-4, 26 KO) is focused for the time being on Solis, however, as he should be.

"I'm excited," said Thompson. "If Odlanier comes in in good shape I think it will be a good fight for the fans. I'm looking forward to the fight and am excited for the fans and also myself because I can get back in at number two.

"Solis is a legitimate guy and I can't afford to take my attention of him for a minute. I'm not thinking of anyone except Solis but once that fight is over I want anyone that is going to get me closer to Wladimir, those are fights I want. The fight with Solis makes me number two in the IBF, that's one fight away from the mandatory shot again."

Solis (20-1, 13 KO) is famous for being a great amateur in Cuba, and for not always staying in shape as a professional -- in fact, one could say he's rarely truly been in shape in the pros.

"Tony Thompson doesn't know what's coming for him. My only goal is to become heavyweight champion of the world. And I won't let anybody stop me on my way. I will beat Tony Thompson and go on to become world champion," Solis said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
              After a pair of wins in 2013 against David Price, American heavyweight veteran Tony Thompson called out Tyson Fury repeatedly, but the challenges weren't answered. Thompson, who lost to Kubrat Pulev in August 2013 and faces Odlanier Solis on Saturday in Istanbul, Turkey, still has Fury on his mind.

"He is a loudmouth guy, he's talking his way into big fights and hasn't done anything," said Thompson. "At least David Price's people had the gumption and balls to put him in with a live heavyweight. Tyson has never been in the ring with anyone like me," said Thompson.

"All of his opponents pose a threat to him simply because he can't fight. But they haven't put him in there with anyone who is capable of exposing him, although a few people almost did it. If Cunningham was a legitimate heavyweight he would have stopped Fury easily. A couple of other guys would have beat his ass."

Thompson (38-4, 26 KO) is focused for the time being on Solis, however, as he should be.

"I'm excited," said Thompson. "If Odlanier comes in in good shape I think it will be a good fight for the fans. I'm looking forward to the fight and am excited for the fans and also myself because I can get back in at number two.

"Solis is a legitimate guy and I can't afford to take my attention of him for a minute. I'm not thinking of anyone except Solis but once that fight is over I want anyone that is going to get me closer to Wladimir, those are fights I want. The fight with Solis makes me number two in the IBF, that's one fight away from the mandatory shot again."

Solis (20-1, 13 KO) is famous for being a great amateur in Cuba, and for not always staying in shape as a professional -- in fact, one could say he's rarely truly been in shape in the pros.

"Tony Thompson doesn't know what's coming for him. My only goal is to become heavyweight champion of the world. And I won't let anybody stop me on my way. I will beat Tony Thompson and go on to become world champion," Solis said.

It's difficult to be excited for this fight,but its a really important one in the grand scheme of things.a win will likely see the winner in line for a WBC title eliminator after the current eliminations have unfolded.also the winner will be in line to face Glazkov to face the winner of Pulev/Wlad.

Things are heating up in all the organisations,truly an exciting time in the heavyweight division.no doubt once Wilder has been knocked out by Arreola or Stiverne the division will be forecast as dead again by the narrow minds.

Comment

• Any news on Andy Ruiz?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  Any news on Andy Ruiz?
                  He's rumored to be back in May on a Top Rank card.

Comment

• Thompson And Solis Collide In Tekirdag

Solis-Thompson will be televised by BoxNation today

Sakio Bika inspires Alex Leapai before Klitschko fight

Alexander Povetkin back on June 1 in Moscow

Comment

• Thompson will gass out around the 4th or 5th round due to his weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X