No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Leapai: "We're going to make history!"

There's no sporting story more romantic than the unlikely underdog boxer with a once-in-a-lifetime shot to become heavyweight champion of the world.

There's no underdog boxer more unlikely than Alex Leapai: the delivery truck driver, father of six, ex-con, choir-singing servant of God from working-class Logan, South-east Queensland, who will fight the second-longest reigning heavyweight champion of all time, Ukraine's Wladimir Klitschko, in Germany on April 26.

When they make a movie about Leapai, Australia's first heavyweight champion contender in 106 years, they will need to use computer-generated imagery to render Wladimir Klitschko: actors don't come that big. They say it can't be done. They say Leapai's not got a chance in hell, but he's been to hell - drink, drugs, six months in prison - and survived once before. The Samoan-born 34-year-old has two things in his favour, God and the hardest punch in world boxing, and both of those things can produce miracles.

There's a caveat naysayer fight fans across the world put on their predictions of Leapai's defeat: but 'all he has to do is land one. And then their eyes light up with wonder.

Leapai says. "I know they've written me off but I believe I can beat this guy. He's got two arms, two legs and a heartbeat. Once he feels what I've got it's going to be goodnight.

"I'm ready to take out this world champion. We're gonna make history. Australia's gonna make history."

A fairytale ending for Australia's Cinderella man. What if.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226833648146
    Last edited by yoz; 02-22-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Former WBO heavyweight world champion Siarhei Liakhovich won an eight-round UD over Chad Davis on Saturday night at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix, Arizona. Scores were 80-74, 79-73, 79-73. Liakhovich ended a three-fight losing streak.

Comment

• Well he can go back to fighting bouncers outside clubs when Wlad's done with him.

Comment

• Shannon Briggs didn't fight yesterday, the fight was cancelled

David Haye says Fury-Chisora isn't going to happen, and Chisora-Povetkin is on

Video of Sergey Liakovich-Chad Davis fight

Comment

• Haven't had chance to google translate,what is Haye saying in this link ?

I'm actually glad Chisora isn't facing Fury,it's blatant why Fury wants to face Chisora as its the easiest route to a Wlad mandatory.in short Fury is trying to take a shortcut by capturing Chsiroa's high WBO ranking.he doesn't deserve it,and I'm glad Chisora is fcukin him around like Fury fcuked Kubrat around.its just deserves.after he kept Pulev in limbo for four months,after Adamek had already done Pulev for around the same time period of his career.those IBF mandated fights were one huge joke on the IBF from the beginning.Ustinov ordered to face Adamek,Solis orders to face Pulev,then Adamek faces USS and Pulev faces Ustinov ! Then the USS fight versus Fury is called a semiafter Admaek ducks the order,then Fury ducks the order after he was involved in the WBC box offs,he was supposed to face the Mitchell Banks 2 winner but elected to face USS instead ! Not long before crying and *****ing like a little btich that the WBC is corrupt and he should be be facing Stiverne instead of Arreola,the same Arreola who was called in to replace him against Mitchell,when Fury ducked the WBC box offs ! It's all rather obvious if you read between the lines,Fury was **** scared of Vitali,but now he isn't involved anymore he wants to be involved in the WBC again.

I can't stand that guy,he's a ko waiting to happen,chances are he will still talk incessant garbage after he's been humbled,at the rate he is facing actual dangerous opponents we likely won't see him stopped until he shares a ring with his promising cousin Hughie,now there's a guy I like the look of.at this point I think he's gonna emulate Tyson and the other Brit coming through,Joshua.

It'll be brilliant to see those two collide at some point,hopefully whilst they're still unbeaten.

Comment

• Vyacheslav Glazkov interview

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
              Haven't had chance to google translate,what is Haye saying in this link ?
              I'll post an english-language version later.

He's saying that Chisora will fight Povetkin for sure, and Chisora-Fury is unlikely to happen now.

Comment

• David Haye on possible comeback; Chisora fighting Povetkin; Chisora-Fury II

Joe Goossen: 'Malik Scott looks great in camp for Deontay Wilder!'

Last edited by yoz; 02-24-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Wladimir Klitschko open to taking on Dereck Chisora in world heavyweight title fight

Comment

• This could be a decent fight; Chisora is better prepared for Wlad now. That said, I think cutting weight and the defeats to Vitali and Haye have taken something out of him defensively. I'd go for a Wlad stoppage in the middle rounds.

Comment

• Bryant Jennings' next opponent could be Travis Kauffman

Looks like Kubrat Pulev will fight Oleg Maskaev, Denis Bakhtov or Sergey Lyakhovich on April 5

Comment

Working...
                      X