No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
    Konstantin Airich has failed his prefight medical examination, so David Price will now face Istvan Ruszinski (12-10, 8 KOs) on Saturday in Stuttgart, Germany.
    Price will likely be bricking himself right now.the opponent he's prepared for he's no longer facing,the lad looks like he has major psychological issues listening to some of his interviews,or maybe the press intrusion is simply too much,I think he should have had a media blackout for his first fight,no interviews nothing.to me he just doesn't give the impression he is confident in himself.

Any pressers for Szpila yet,Freedom ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
      Price will likely be bricking himself right now.the opponent he's prepared for he's no longer facing,the lad looks like he has major psychological issues listening to some of his interviews,or maybe the press intrusion is simply too much,I think he should have had a media blackout for his first fight,no interviews nothing.to me he just doesn't give the impression he is confident in himself.

Any pressers for Szpila yet,Freedom ?

Comment

• Another opponent change for David Price as Konstantin Airich fails medical

David Price’s comeback opponent, Konstantin Airich, has failed a medical. The Liverpudlian former British heavyweight champion will now box Hungarian Istvan Ruszinski (12-9-1) at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle, Stuttgart, on Saturday. Ruszinski was due to box a four rounder on the undercard against Swede Otto Wallin.

Hopefully, 5ft 11” Ruszinski will now get a better payday for stepping in with 6ft 8” Price, as, presumably, the fight will still be over eight rounds.

Price’s comeback has absorbed several setbacks so far. He was being trained by Adam Booth, before a disagreement with Pricey’s new promoter Sauerland about Booth’s exact level of involvement saw the Dark Lord fly off in his tie fighter. Price was originally supposed to fight 6ft 9" 'Molecule from Hell' Evgeny Orlov in December, but pulled out through injury. He has since teamed up with Tommy Brooks, who has trained with Holyfield, Tyson and both Klitschko brothers in the past. The plan is for American Brooks to fly into the UK for Price's training camps.

Price is expected to enter the ring around 6.15 on Saturday. The card at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer Halle is topped by Cap’n Marco Huck defending his WBO Cruiserweight belt against Firat Arslan (again - Huck won a close-ish decision in their first meeting back in December 2012). Both fights are being televised in the UK by Box Nation.

Comment

• Price enters ring 6.15pm gmt (uk time) confirmed by Steve Dunce of box nation.
          Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
            Szpila looking relaxed.the guy is gonna surprise a few on Saturday.whst time is scheduled ?

Comment

Szpila looking relaxed.the guy is gonna surprise a few on Saturday.whst time is scheduled ?
              Probably about 10 PM Eastern time on Saturday, which I think is 03:00 Sunday morning UK time.

Comment

• 9:50 NYC time, 3:50 am polish time(gmt +1)

Comment

Szpilka by KO. It's my bet with the local bookmaker anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Szpilka by KO. It's my bet with the local bookmaker anyway.
                    Good man.Im not certain by any means,but I think Szpilka has the edge on Bryant.I have seen a lot of Jennings in the last two years.I seem to remember him fighting on a few Adamek undercards caught my eye.i like him.in truth I don't want to see a loser.

Comment

Good man.Im not certain by any means,but I think Szpilka has the edge on Bryant.I have seen a lot of Jennings in the last two years.I seem to remember him fighting on a few Adamek undercards caught my eye.i like him.in truth I don't want to see a loser.
                      I agree. I like Jennings, but I think he may fold under concerted pressure.

Comment

Working...
                      X