No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    I'm watching pulev fighting a guy who shouldn't be getting a shot at the ibf belt... This is one of the things that is wrong with boxing.
    Dude you gotta respect Kubrat needs to stay busy.he can't afford to sit on his a$$ for another 11 months because guys likeFury and Adamek dare not fight him.

This was a keep busy fight against a semi live opponent,a late replacement for Williams,not exactly another titanic name but a durable opponent who recently went ten with Rob Helenius.

I don't wanna see Pulev regress through inactivity,like Boytsov did.that guy was so fatigued and out of shape it was absurd.he was spent after three rounds against Leapai,Pulev can ill afford that pit fall come the blockbuster summer showdown mandatory shot against Wladimir Klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
      What a brawl!

Kubrat Pulev defeated Joey Abell by TKO 4.

Pulev was down for the first time in his pro career. Abell was down multiple times including several times in the wild 4th round.
      I enjoyed this one,hopefully we see him again in the spring,maybe against Williams,as a tune up.

Comment

• Any news on the Polish Adamek,I'd hoped he would re negotiate with Glazkov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Any news on the Polish Adamek,I'd hoped he would re negotiate with Glazkov.
          Yes. The fight is back on for the last Saturday in March, and will be televised by the NBC network.

Comment

• Actually the Adamek fight will be at NBC sports, not the open NBC, late march or early april.

I heard that the Pulev knockdown was slip?

Comment

• Originally posted by molinari View Post
              Actually the Adamek fight will be at NBC sports, not the open NBC, late march or early april.

Kinda hard to see if it was or not,his foot was in front of Abel's.it was kind of a bit of both,Kalle and his father protested the knockdown with the judges I believe.

Comment

• So...with the logic on this forum, Pulev has a glass jaw due to being dropped by a tomato can. Correct?

(this is for the Wilder haters)

Comment

• Originally posted by molinari View Post
                  Actually the Adamek fight will be at NBC sports, not the open NBC, late march or early april.

Here's a better angle showing their feet for the knock down. Pulev loses balance after getting hit and tripping on Abell's foot: http://youtu.be/QmwUlWbZjmI?t=23m9s

From this angle it seems much more like a slip than a KD. From the other one it looked like legit KD... oh well... doesn't matter much. I kind of expected better performance by Pulev, but at least he showed he can be aggressive when he wants to...

Comment

• Pulev-Abell highlights:

full fight (Bulgarian TV):

Comment

• Darnell Wilson KOs David Rodriguez, Steve Cunningham beats Manuel Quezada by UD, Amir Mansour wins by TKO 7

Comment

Working...
                      X