No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leapai stuns Boytsov for Klitschko chance

Alex Leapai scored a UD points win in his heavyweight title scrap with Denis Boytsov. The Russian started well but appeared to lack fitness and a solid strategy. Leapai scored knockdowns in the 7th and 9th rounds.

Comment

• Bryant Jennings to meet Mariusz Wach

Undefeated American heavyweight, Bryant Jennings, will meet Polish contender, Mariusz Wach, on the undercard of Lucian Bute vs. Jean Pascal on 18 January. The fight will be televised on HBO.

Comment

• Sherman Williams ring return; talks Pulev fight on Dec. 14th

Sherman “The Tank” Williams made good of his return to the ring on Friday night. Now he’s hoping that he can continue that success when he fights for the World Boxing Council’s Continental heavyweight title against Kubrat Pulev on December 14 in Munich, Germany.

Williams, 41, pulled off a fourth round unanimous decision over Earl Ladson from North Carolina at the Ritz in Raleigh, North Carolina. It was his first fight since he lost his second straight on June 8 to Gerald Washington at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

“They arranged this fight for me against Ladson, which enabled me to jump back into the WBC rankings,” Williams said. “So i’m back in the gym now because I need a lot of preparation to pull a big win off over the Bulgarian. He is 6-foot, three-inches and 260 pounds and was a silver medallist in the 2006 Olympics. He had over 300 amateur fights.

“He’s definitely experienced, but I want to use this fight to get me a chance to fight Vitali Klitschko from Ukraine (the WBC champion). Word is that my opponent had a fight with him, but he wasn’t ready for that challenge. But i’m hoping that I can take his position and I get a chance to fight Vitali Klitschko for his title.”
        Last edited by yoz; 12-03-2013, 04:00 AM.

Comment

• David Haye eyes Klitschko fight, despite injury.

David Haye says shoulder surgery could make him a "shell of his former self" in the ring, but insists he still has unfinished business with the Klitschkos should he ever return to boxing.

Haye, 33, has been advised to retire from the sport by doctors after going under the knife to repair a ruptured subscapularis and bicep tendon attachments.

He also pulled out of his scheduled February 8 bout with Tyson Fury - a decision which has been met with anger from the Fury camp - but has stopped short of confirming his days are numbered despite the advice.

Haye is wary of the implications of a return if he is not 100%, and believes his ability to deliver his trademark 'Hayemaker' will be a key factor in his decision down the line.
          He told Sky Sports: "There's a long way back currently. I've got six pins in my shoulder and really don't have any idea what the story is going to be. As long as my arm can function properly I will want to come back but it's important.

"If you took the right hook away from Joe Frazier, or the jab away from Muhammad Ali, they would be different fighters and without the Hayemaker I would be a shell of my former self."

While still undecided on his future, Haye admits he would eye a rematch with Wladimir to avenge the defeat to the youngest Klitschko brother in 2011.

"I still don't think I was at my best in that fight against Wladimir," he said.

"If I can make it back that is still a fight I would want but it all depends on whether I can get back into the ring and be back to my best."

Haye has already retired from boxing once before - but was tempted out following a brawl with Dereck Chisora which resulted in a heavily criticised fight at Upton Park in July last year.

But when asked what his legacy in the sport would be, Haye believes he will be remembered as one of the greats by boxing fans should he decide to retire now.
          "Hopefully they will remember me as one of the best cruiserweights of all time - I think I'm second behind Evander Holyfield," he said.

"I've never been the biggest guy in the ring but was always someone who took on the biggest and did some things not many people believed I could do, like winning the world title.

"If this is it for me I have achieved what I wanted to by becoming champion of the world - I said when I was three years old I wanted to be world champion and I did it so I won't have any regrets. I have achieved all my goals, including being undisputed champion as a cruiserweight, so if this is it then so be it."
          http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...rXTD8EzbB4c.99

Comment

• David Price back on 14 December against Evgeny Orlov

Comment

• Manuel Charr vs. James Toney in play for Dec 20th.

http://allboxing.ru/blogs/user/inna-lagun/61416.html

Comment

• Vitali Klitschko must make a decision on his future before Dec. 15th. The original WBC deadline was the last day of November.
                http://allboxing.ru/archives/2013-12-01_20_00.html

Comment

• Denis Boytsov wants 4-6 fights before a title shot.

http://allboxing.ru/archives/2013-11-30_03_02.html

Commenting, Kalle Sauerland said:

He has a great future. He is still very young - he is only 27 years old
                  Last edited by yoz; 12-03-2013, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Shane Cameron and Brian Minto face-to-face ahead of their Dec 14th HW clash.

Comment

• James Toney has pulled out of a HW clash with Manuel Charr following a dispute over his purse. Toney now looks set to fight Roy Jones Jr. in Moscow on 21 Dec.

Comment

Working...
                      X