Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zimnoch got awarded an UD, I had it 4-4. Zimnoch was more active and throwing combinations but McCall was defending welll and sticking his jab in Zimnoch face all night long. Zimnoch was clinching to much with a 14 kg heavier opponent and looked more tired by the end. Scorecards were something like 76-75 77-75 and 79-73.

Comment

• Originally posted by molinari View Post
      Zimnoch got awarded an UD, I had it 4-4. Zimnoch was more active and throwing combinations but McCall was defending well and sticking his jab in Zimnoch face all night long. Zimnoch was clinching to much with a 14 kg heavier opponent and looked more tired by the end. Scorecards were something like 76-75 77-75 and 79-73.
      I had it 6 rounds to 2 for Zimnoch, giving the two closest rounds 1 and 7 to McCall. Oliver threw some rabbit punches and tried to headbutt.

McCall's punches seemed to hurt Zimnoch, but he didn't throw nearly enough. It seemed that several of Zimnoch's punches stunned McCall.

I think Zimnoch was going for the KO by times and should have been more careful. He could easily outbox the faded Oliver, but was taking an unnecessary risk by exchanging punches with the bigger stronger man.

Comment

• A bit of time to write something here, between watching fights:

1)Does anyone know why the Ruslan Chagaev fight didn't happen (on the Wladimir Klitschko undercard)? I didn't find anything about it. On some of the videos where Wladimir Klitschko was training we could see Ruslan training.

2)
        Originally posted by Freedom.
        Povetkin is sharper and fitter now, he's back to his best after working with Kostya for over a year. Some people will laugh at me for saying this, but Povetkin has a real chance of pulling the upset against Wladimir, now that he's recovered from Teddy.
        I'd like to know what you see in him to beat the champion, which strategies, techniques, punches? I watched him in an even fight with Huck, just two fights before, a cruiser who was doing his first fight at heavyweight.

3)
        Originally posted by Freedom.
        Povetkin is the best opponent of Wladimir's career.
        Since this March I replayed all Wlad fights since 2003, except one. I think that at least Thompson and Sanders were better than him (AP) in their moment. And other two or three opponents at about the same level as him.

4)When someone has a link for the Zimnoch fight that happened today please post.

5)Same for Arreola Stiverne, both the dailymotion and vimeo links don't work now. I didn't even find highlights videos for this fight today.

6)Now there is a link for Alexander Ustinov vs Ivica Perkovic from April 20:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMEbK2GJBY
        Although the fighters are so heavy, they fired and landed a lot of punches, more than expected. No Kd's but action, slowed a bit in last rounds but still active. Not much work for the referee. Ustinov as he uses to do fires both to the body and head.
        Ustinov beat Perkovic better than Dimitrenko did.

Comment

• Did Szpilka pull out of a fight with another polish HW this year? If so who was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by rge View Post
            Does anyone know why the Ruslan Chagaev fight didn't happen (on the Wladimir Klitschko undercard)? I didn't find anything about it. On some of the videos where Wladimir Klitschko was training we could see Ruslan training.
            There was a report that K-2 heavyweight Tereshkin would be on the card too, but he wasn't there either. Injuries? I don't know.

Changes to undercards happen a lot in boxing. There were only 4 fights on the card that day.
            Originally posted by rge View Post
            I'd like to know what you see in him to beat the champion, which strategies, techniques, punches? I watched him in an even fight with Huck, just two fights before, a cruiser who was doing his first fight at heavyweight.
            Povetkin went downhill during his time with Teddy (as did many others such as Michael Grant, Shannon Briggs, Donnie LaLonde, etc).

Povetkin struggled against a journeyman Nicolai Firtha and was in poor form and not in shape against Huck (a big cruiserweight who is in fact bigger than many heavyweights such as Chambers). Teddy had just left by the time of the Huck fight, but his negative effect was still there (it took many months for Povetkin to get back in shape) and Povetkin had not yet started working with Kostya Tszyu.

Povetkin's had time to recover from Teddy Atlas now, and after many months working with Kostya, he's in great shape and back to his Olympic Gold medal form. Povetkin has excellent technique and throws some nice quick combinations, ending with a hard punch.

I'm picking Wladimir to defeat Povetkin, but I think there's a real chance of an upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              Did Szpilka pull out of a fight with another polish HW this year? If so who was it?
              It was Krzysztof Zimnoch, Szpilka wanted to fight but his trainer did not aprove, the fight was to take place only two weeks after Szpilka - Mollo where Szpilka went down. This fight WILL happend later this year or at the beginning of another year becouse its a huge fight in Poland bcs of the brawl at the presser before Golota - Saleta and **** talk that followed it. Szpilka will fight Brian Minto(probably) in June and then Mollo rematch in Chicago first, Zimnoch will fight Evander Holyfield after his win today. Szpilka Zimnoch is happening no matter how will these fights end.

Zimnoch McCall will be on yt in couple of hours as it was televised by open TV in poland. Check ringpolska . pl tommorow they will post it for sure.

Comment

• Oliviers son Elijah McCall got massacred by another polish HW Marcin Rekowski who is now 9-0 with 8 koes, he has a great experience from his time in amateur times when he fought likes of Cammarelle (3 times). Rekowski KO5 McCall
                Last edited by molinari; 05-18-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• thanks for that info molinari

Comment

• Originally posted by rge View Post
                    A bit of time to write something here, between watching fights:

1)Does anyone know why the Ruslan Chagaev fight didn't happen (on the Wladimir Klitschko undercard)? I didn't find anything about it. On some of the videos where Wladimir Klitschko was training we could see Ruslan training.
                    Chagaev now works with someone from Kronk (Sugar Hill or something) who is obviously close with Banks. Chagaev was just getting in shape and being a sparring partner for Klitschko. I don't think he was ever supposed to be on the undercard.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Povetkin struggled against a journeyman Nicolai Firtha and was in poor form and not in shape against Huck (a big cruiserweight who is in fact bigger than many heavyweights such as Chambers). Teddy had just left by the time of the Huck fight, but his negative effect was still there (it took many months for Povetkin to get back in shape) and Povetkin had not yet started working with Kostya Tszyu.
                    Povetkin broke his hand against Firtha very early in the fight.

Originally posted by molinari View Post
                    It was Krzysztof Zimnoch, Szpilka wanted to fight but his trainer did not aprove, the fight was to take place only two weeks after Szpilka - Mollo where Szpilka went down. This fight WILL happend later this year or at the beginning of another year becouse its a huge fight in Poland bcs of the brawl at the presser before Golota - Saleta and **** talk that followed it. Szpilka will fight Brian Minto(probably) in June and then Mollo rematch in Chicago first, Zimnoch will fight Evander Holyfield after his win today. Szpilka Zimnoch is happening no matter how will these fights end.

Zimnoch McCall will be on yt in couple of hours as it was televised by open TV in poland. Check ringpolska . pl tommorow they will post it for sure.
                    Szpilka/Mollo rematch is confirmed and Zimnoch is fighting Evander? For real?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post

Szpilka/Mollo rematch is confirmed and Zimnoch is fighting Evander? For real?

Yep, confirmed by his promoter earlier today during an interview aired by the Polish open TV that the winner of McCall - Zimnoch will fight Evander. I dont think anything is set in stone yet but he sounded pretty sure about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X