Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah Cotto outboxed Margs as expected but the win was not the revenge Cotto desired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    I agree....

Margarito made Cotto take a knee and stopped him.
    Cotto hit Margarito's previously injured eye and the doctor stopped it.

If I was Cotto I wouldn't be satisfied with the win..... but thats jut my humble unbiased opinion.
    i would

he outboxed him outclassed him and showed that he was always the better fighter

he fought with intelligence and even if the fight had continued he would have been able to box and move and stay away from Margarito's attacks

his eye would have only got worse and because he couldn't see he would've been getting hit flush

it's all very well saying he wasn't hurt but he may not had a eye left if it continued

if you ask me they should have stopped his fight with pac quicker he took way more punishment than necessary in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
      i would

he outboxed him outclassed him and showed that he was always the better fighter

he fought with intelligence and even if the fight had continued he would have been able to box and move and stay away from Margarito's attacks

his eye would have only got worse and because he couldn't see he would've been getting hit flush

it's all very well saying he wasn't hurt but he may not had a eye left if it continued

if you ask me they should have stopped his fight with pac quicker he took way more punishment than necessary in that fight
      he was always the superior boxer, and he had already previously outboxed him.

we all knew that and so did they.... he was supposed to get revenge this fight not just give him a boxing lesson.

like I said I wouldn't be satisfied if the doctor was the one that had to stop the fight when my opponent had taken my 0 and made me take a knee.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
        Oh my what do we have here?
        It's called you owning him, good job!!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

I think it's safe to say this guy hasn't done a damn thing since getting caught trying to load his gloves and all this talk about how he should have another Cotto fight should be put to rest. He doesn't deserve another big payday, not unless he earns it. And as of now he's 1-3 since getting caught and has a jacked up eye. He's got to prove his worth and right now he's not worth anything.

nah margo did beat cotto in the first fight, cotto outboxed him and still couldnt stop him in the second let alone even hurt margo, Yes he hasnt looked good in his previous fights, i say lets do a 3rd fight just so cotto can ko this time ehh? Ohh yeah why are you so **** towards mexican fighters ive notice that a few months ago...........

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
            nah margo did beat cotto in the first fight, cotto outboxed him and still couldnt stop him in the second let alone even hurt margo, Yes he hasnt looked good in his previous fights, i say lets do a 3rd fight just so cotto can ko this time ehh? Ohh yeah why are you so **** towards mexican fighters ive notice that a few months ago...........
            oh yeah like who? me giving marquez a ton of props calling him an ATG and being a fan of bam bam rios?

This doesn't have to do anything with nationality or race. Margarito looks like **** since getting busted, doesn't matter if he was black, white, asian, whatever. He's not **** now. He's nothing.

Comment

I was hoping that the fight would had continued as long as it would go. That way they wouldn't be no questions.

Maybe in Cotto's head he hit Margo and won the fight might be enough for him.

They way that the fight ended will always leave speculation if it would had kept going

Comment

Originally posted by microMXL View Post
                cotto won fair and square, it's not his fault that margos eye is busted, time to let this go fellas, cotto proved to be the superior boxer last saturday

ay ay ay ay, canta y no llores!!

uhhh yeah he did he attacked margs eye for his dear life mate, he ran and clinched, every time marga landed anything. if thats revenge thats coo.

Comment

Didn't get revenge? Of course he did. It's a proven fact that cheato is too stupid for his own good. And sorry guys, he was rocked in the 8 th and 9th rds marg was going to get stopped and in the process go blind, so stop ya whining already. Jeez focus on the real fighters who go in there and trade blows legally

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    I was hoping that the fight would had continued as long as it would go. That way they wouldn't be no questions.

Maybe in Cotto's head he hit Margo and won the fight might be enough for him.

They way that the fight ended will always leave speculation if it would had kept going

excellent post, I felt the same way too. By the way im not a marga fan but i didnt really like the stoppage. I wanted to see if margo indeed have built his momentum. But oh well great fight.

Comment

I understand what you mean but its pretty obvious Cotto cant stop Margarito. The ultimate reward would be if he curbstomped him in the center of the ring but it wont happen. The best cotto can get is to box circles around him.

Comment

Working...
                      X