Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were the Ring doctor, would you have let Margarito go one more?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were the Ring doctor, would you have let Margarito go one more?

Simple as that... I was a little disappointed at the stoppage, Morales had a worst swollen eye than Margo did in my opinion. I know the doctors were more nazi like about Margarito's eye because of his detached retina and all, but if you were the doctor, would have given Margarito one more round?

Great fight though, I'm glad Cotto got what he wanted out of it.

He looked worse during the Pacquiao fight. The NY commission are a bunch of softies.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
      Simple as that... I was a little disappointed at the stoppage, Morales had a worst swollen eye than Margo did in my opinion. I know the doctors were more nazi like about Margarito's eye because of his detached retina and all, but if you were the doctor, would have given Margarito one more round?

Great fight though, I'm glad Cotto got what he wanted out of it.
      Morales never had major surgery on his eye though like Margaritos,In the state of New York if a fighter can't see through one eye then the bout is ruled off!

Comment

Doubt we can get serious responses here cause I'm sure most of us aren't doctors and we don't see things like they do.

And we would be quite biased towards the fighters we support.

They should of let it go 1 more, imo.

Comment

yes so cotto could fu*k him up more

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
            He looked worse during the Pacquiao fight. The NY commission are a bunch of softies.
            He wasn't coming off major surgery in his eye though with Pacquiao,Good stoppage! like the Pacquiao fight Robert Garcia should have waved it off himself.

Comment

cotto was dominating, no need for margs to take more punishment. i would have most likely stopped it too.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emzz View Post
                Doubt we can get serious responses here cause I'm sure most of us aren't doctors and we don't see things like they do.

And we would be quite biased towards the fighters we support.

They should of let it go 1 more, imo.
                Well done. Smart post.

Our opinions are nothing compared to the ringside doctors, simply because we lack the knowledge and expertise they do.

What I will say is this: The ringside doctors took a long hard look at the eye between the last few rounds and they were adamant the fight needed to be stopped.

Comment

Well, now that none of us are doctors, then we really don't know the consequences of letting him continue. So we're really not in position to judge on this matter.

Comment

Working...
                  X