Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Grabs Controversial Split Decision Over Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see a writer on here actually call a spade a spade. Usually when its a clear robbery, all we get is "In a fight some at ringside thought could have gone either way..." Sucks for Chisora, he deserved the win. Its to the point where if you are fighting someone people expect to make money off of, you need to basically kill the cash cow to win the fight. Disgraceful...

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      I was wondering what you were thinking?? Then I noticed where you are from and that answered my question. And just so you know I was rooting for Robert.
      I think the people who scored it 9-3, 10-2 or something like that may have been a little too influenced by the underdog doing well against the bigger man, a David vs Goliath effect. 8-4 or 7-5 to Chisora, sure, but it's not like he dominated. He had his best moments in the last half of the round but often spent a lot of time against the ropes early on, with Helenius admittedly not doing much either. But it just doesn't look good to the judges or anybody. When you fight against a hometown favorite, you better be on him at all times to ensure a victory.

I might be from Finland but I assure you that I'm as unbiased a fight viewer as one can be. I prefer Chisora's style to Helenius's, even if I don't like his attitude.

Like I've said, there's definitely a better case for a Chisora win than a Helenius win, because he forced the issue and outworked Helenius. But Helenius landed about the equal number of clean, effective blows.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        Chisora dictated the pace and forced Helenius to work more than any of his previous opponents.

Regardless of who really deserved to win, this was a great learning experience for Helenius, he could not afford to lay back and wait for a late TKO over a tired opponent. The big question for me has always been how Helenius could deal with an opponent who does not tire down the stretch. Chisora showed up the weaknesses in his style and also Wegner's teaching methods. Helenius was unable to dictate the pace or control distance and put away a fresher and hungrier opponent than the ones he had faced in the past.

I think "robbery" might be a somewhat strong word to use describing the decision, although I definitely see a better case for a Chisora win or a draw than a Helenius win. I can't say I was surprised when the win was given to the hometown guy. Chisora let his foot off the gas for moments which may have cost him a clear decision win on the cards.

A rematch is most definitely required between the two.

enough said.

It was a terrible decision.

Comment

The only thing terrible was the one judge who had it for Chisora.

Helenius clearly won

Comment

Scandalous - Chisora got royally shafted. He outpunched, outworked, backed up and outmanoeuvred Helenius. The judges should be called to account for their cards by explaining round by round what they saw. I watched it on an Argentinian channel and even they called it the biggest robbery of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post

enough said.

It was a terrible decision.
              You should read the whole post. I thought Chisora was a more deserving winner definitely, but I don't see a 10-2 or 9-3 type of score for Chisora unless you really, really preferred his work to Helenius's to the point of bias. Can't just look at what the other guy was doing, Helenius did catch his attention with power punches in several of the rounds. Chisora just did far more and was the aggressor throughout the fight.

Comment

I think the people who scored it 9-3, 10-2 or something like that may have been a little too influenced by the underdog doing well against the bigger man, a David vs Goliath effect. 8-4 or 7-5 to Chisora, sure, but it's not like he dominated. He had his best moments in the last half of the round but often spent a lot of time against the ropes early on, with Helenius admittedly not doing much either. But it just doesn't look good to the judges or anybody. When you fight against a hometown favorite, you better be on him at all times to ensure a victory.

I might be from Finland but I assure you that I'm as unbiased a fight viewer as one can be. I prefer Chisora's style to Helenius's, even if I don't like his attitude.

Like I've said, there's definitely a better case for a Chisora win than a Helenius win, because he forced the issue and outworked Helenius. But Helenius landed about the equal number of clean, effective blows.

This some bull bro, I can understand you dont want to make your country look bad because of this bad decision, but even you know Chisora clearly won that fight lol. I dont understand what you meant by Chisora taking his foot off the gas lol he was the one backing Helenius back up all night the only answer Rob had was an ocassional hard left hook, but Chisora took those well and seemed to land the harder shots judging by how it was able to push Helenius back. I never seen Del Boy fight live, or many highlights, and as far as Helenius just a few highlights and the last 3 rds of the Liakovich fight so im not biased I like both as fighters, but Del Boy won

Comment

Helenius CLEARLY won 8 rounds to 4

The only robbery was the fact that one judge had it for Chisora and made it a split decision. You people are the worst judges I have ever seen looping right hands that get blocked don't score just because the sweat from Helenius sprays everywhere

Comment

You should read the whole post. I thought Chisora was a more deserving winner definitely, but I don't see a 10-2 or 9-3 type of score for Chisora unless you really, really preferred his work to Helenius's to the point of bias. Can't just look at what the other guy was doing, Helenius did catch his attention with power punches in several of the rounds. Chisora just did far more and was the aggressor throughout the fight.
                    You yourself have said it was a 8-4 kind of decision (no way it was 7-5), how is that not a robbery?

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                      This some bull bro, I can understand you dont want to make your country look bad because of this bad decision, but even you know Chisora clearly won that fight lol. I dont understand what you meant by Chisora taking his foot off the gas lol he was the one backing Helenius back up all night the only answer Rob had was an ocassional hard left hook, but Chisora took those well and seemed to land the harder shots judging by how it was able to push Helenius back. I never seen Del Boy fight live, or many highlights, and as far as Helenius just a few highlights and the last 3 rds of the Liakovich fight so im not biased I like both as fighters, but Del Boy won
                      Did you not see Chisora showboat against the ropes in several of the rounds? That's just asking for it when you fight on an opponent's hometown. Chisora should've smothered Helenius at all times and he would have walked away with such a clear win that even influenced judges could do nothing about.

I don't think the country looks bad, because it's Sauerland pulling the strings if anything and none of the judges or officials were Finnish. Only the fighter was, and he was born Swedish who resides in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                      X