No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Kellerman, Lampley and Steward on Marg's loaded wraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
    Richardson also caught Tito Trinidad getting his hands double-rapped and I doubt it was the first time. This leads me to believe a lot of these so called experts are not paying attention to whats going on and that leaves the door open for camps to exploit the system. Richardson just seems to not trust anybody so he watches everything like a hawk.

There was nothing wrong with Trinidads wraps Richardson was just complaining. Like I said after the Billy Collins tragedy its impossible to use any kind of loaded gloves or hand wraps or any of that bullshyt.

The ref feels both fighters gloves in the ring before the bell rings its just ****ing ******ed for anyone to think Margarito used plaster wraps

Comment

his fans can blame it 100% on the wraps all they want but the fact of the matter is margarito set the pace of the entire fight and cotto couldnt handle the pressure. steward called it as did i long before he started getting busted up, he was using way too much energy and not taking anything out of margarito.

cotto better be back to his old self if hes gonna hold up, with that i mean really hurt margarito to the body to take something out of him and be as mentally strong as he was before margarito destroyed him the first time around.

ofcourse margarito is somewhat of a question mark as well after all the beatings he took, but he never quit and he knows how importrant this fight is for his place in history. all he has to do is have the workrate, heart and punch resistance. something which he has always shown. cotto has to be a fighter we havent seen for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        his fans can blame it 100% on the wraps all they want but the fact of the matter is margarito set the pace of the entire fight and cotto couldnt handle the pressure. .
        Exactly. Going into the first fight I thought the exact same thing especially after those last couple of rounds in the Mosley fight when Mosley decided to apply his own pressure and Cotto took the wheel and ran.

I expected a TKO stoppage for that fight, just like I expect one for this fight. Cotto cannot fight going backwards and he doesn't clinch. He's doomed.

Also @Jim Lampley the guy is a character.

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
          They should hve chanted mayweather when arum was trying to speak
          That would have be funny lol
          Someone yelled "Let Manny fight Mayweather!" when Bob was talking. Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnickuh View Post
            I's just illogical to think that the Mosley fight was the 1st time that Margarito used plaster. You beat the stuffing out of Cotto without the plaster, but need it for Mosley? Doesn't seem logical.
            Exactly what i have thought from day one. As Steward pointed out, it weren't even the commission that noticed the wraps for Mosley, it was Naazim! So that's another futile arguement. You got the red stain on the wraps, which in my eyes shows they were used for his last fight (Cotto fight - in which you can see the same red stain on his wraps at the end) There is too much going against Margarito to prove otherwise, no doubt in my mind from day one he used the wraps on Cotto.

I hope Cotto gives us that last bit of evidence tomorrow and ****s him right up.

Comment

lol !!!!......that was great.......and lol x10000!!! at arum, you silly motherfukerr you......
              the body language of margo when they ask about the wraps tells you all that you need to know.....
              Men im hype for the fight!!!!!.......WAR COTTO!!!
              Last edited by noekin3; 12-03-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                lol, I hadn't heard about that. It seems the guy bats well above himself when it comes to women. This is his the Miss California he bagged

bang! bang! bang! bang! bang! you want some? bang!
                LOL !!!!......ahahahhaha....good one......

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  his fans can blame it 100% on the wraps all they want but the fact of the matter is margarito set the pace of the entire fight and cotto couldnt handle the pressure. steward called it as did i long before he started getting busted up, he was using way too much energy and not taking anything out of margarito.

cotto better be back to his old self if hes gonna hold up, with that i mean really hurt margarito to the body to take something out of him and be as mentally strong as he was before margarito destroyed him the first time around.

ofcourse margarito is somewhat of a question mark as well after all the beatings he took, but he never quit and he knows how importrant this fight is for his place in history. all he has to do is have the workrate, heart and punch resistance. something which he has always shown. cotto has to be a fighter we havent seen for a long time.
                  Cotto/Diaz realize this, judging by videos of their workouts they are preparing properly, even to the point of cotto making some stands and pushing margo back, protecting against uppercuts, stamina, using right hand again, etc. I wasnt too sure at the beginning about replacing steward with diaz, but im feeling alot better about it. Hopefully diaz direct cotto properly throughout the fight. But i agree, cotto needs to have a sustained attack the the body throughout the fight.

Comment

All I know is that he attempted to use them against Mosley. There's no solid evidence that he's ever actually used them, nor is this even remotely similar to the type of loaded gloves that Billy Collins was getting hit by. It's a huge exaggeration of reality being perpetuated by Cotto fans and the media looking for some free cheers. Arum is pretty much the only person that said anything factual there. He's biased for Margarito and a stain on the sport, but his proposition was unbiased unlike the commentators who were screaming guilty guilty with circumstantial evidence -- that thing that Lampley went out of his way to say holds weight in court when about 99% of cases are dropped when relying solely on it.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
                      That guy that talked about how the commission works in the wraps, then signs off on them, and how HBO ignores that because they never speak about how If Tony used loaded wraps, it was the commission that pretty much allowed him to wear them... pretty much owned all three of those idiots.

If a police officer, sees a crime about to take place and he is either bribed, or allows it to happen...... is it not the officer who should bear some of the blame?
                      Originally posted by dj emzz View Post
                      Look at everyone ignoring this post right here.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=18095)

"It was Richardson who first raised a question mark after having an issue with the way Margarito's hands were wrapped. He asked to feel one of the hands that was wrapped and quickly complained about the hard structure to the cushion. He made a request to Dean Lohuis, chief inspector of the CSAC, to rewrap Margarito's hands. Lohuis also took a feel and ordered the wraps to come off - and that was when the blocks were discovered.

Richardson is not pointing the finger at Margarito. He doesn't know if Margarito was directly involved, but someone in his camp is to blame.

"It was brick hard. It was deliberate, but on whose part? I don't know," said Richardson."

http://www.boxingscene.com/antonio-m...by-csac--18346

"Commissioners expressed doubts about Capetillo's story that he "accidentally" implanted hard inserts into the hand wraps of Margarito before the fight with Shane Mosley on January 24.

During Tuesday's hearing, Margarito's trainer, Javier Capetillo, took full blame for the hand wraps scandal. Capetillo told his attorney that he accidentally implanted inserts into the hand wraps of his fighter.

"I committed a big mistake," Capetillo said. "I don't want this young man [Margarito] to have problems. I'm here to cover any responsibility. I take full responsibility. I committed this innocent mistake."
                      Last edited by 6Bound; 12-03-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X