No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs Marquez III Could Hit 1.4 Million PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs Marquez III Could Hit 1.4 Million PPV Buys

The trilogy fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao produced fireworks in the ring and generated a huge buyrate number on HBO pay-per-view. Top Rank president Todd duBoef is hoping to have the final number drop around 1.4 million homes, which is Pacquiao's highest pay-per-view number to date. Pacquiao-Marquez took place on November 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Pacquiao won a close twelve round majority decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

THE PPV KING! Aside from Oscar De La Hoya, Manny has generated more PPV revenue than ANY OTHER NON HW fighter. . LOL Pretty Boy 32 tried saying how Floyd had generated so much more PPV revenue and he was proven wrong BY SIR CHUPS. . Hahaha he was so confident and sure. . . then BOOM! WRONG! This even FURTHER separates pac from floyd. . . PACSMASH. . . SMASH! Pac smash. . . smash puzzy, white rice, puny, mortal humans who make feeble boxers with puny human flyswats for punches, and PPV REVENUE!!! PACSMASH. . . SMASH!
    Last edited by UglyPug; 12-02-2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Top Rank president Todd duBoef is " hoping " to have the final number drop around 1.4 million .

Pacquiao / Marquez I :

Pacquiao / Marquez II : 400,000 PPV Buys

Mayweather / Marquez : 1,000,000 PPV Buys
      Last edited by [SyrianUser]; 12-02-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Ha ha, and so many people were upset about this fight. I remember a lot of posts about how Marquez didn't deserve the fight and how it was gonna be a blowout. I gladly got this one, and my gamble paid off. Marquez/Pacquiao 4...I'm there!

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
          THE PPV KING! Aside from Oscar De La Hoya, Manny has generated more PPV revenue than ANY OTHER NON HW fighter. . LOL Pretty Boy 32 tried saying how Floyd had generated so much more PPV revenue and he was proven wrong. . Hahaha he was so confident trying and sure. . . then BOOM! WRONG! This even FURTHER separates pac from floyd. . . PACSMASH. . . SMASH! Pac smash. . . smash puzzy, white rice, puny, mortal humans who make feeble boxers with puny human flyswats for punches, and PPV REVENUE!!! PACSMASH. . . SMASH!
          I think when people say mayweather is a bigger ppv attraction they are going on average per fight (he averages over a million buys) but PAC averages around 800,000 buys per ppv. Great numbers, think it would of done over 1.5 mil if people didn't think it was going 2 b a mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
            I think when people say mayweather is a bigger ppv attraction they are going on average per fight (he averages over a million buys) but PAC averages around 800,000 buys per ppv. Great numbers, think it would of done over 1.5 mil if people didn't think it was going 2 b a mismatch
            Then again, Pac did have more PPV's I think... and the first few he had generated less than 500k... still very good numbers considering he wasn't as well known as he is now.
            1.4 is very good, hate him or love him.
            All we need now is a HBO announcement.
            I assume they already exceeded the 1.3 million mark and are still counting, that's why they said hope it reaches past 1.4

Comment

"Top Rank said...."

Wake me when the lies stop, and the real numbers come out.

By the way, STILL waiting on the Pacquiao/Mosley numbers. IT HAS BEEN SEVEN MONTHS.

Comment

Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
                Ha ha, and so many people were upset about this fight. I remember a lot of posts about how Marquez didn't deserve the fight and how it was gonna be a blowout. I gladly got this one, and my gamble paid off. Marquez/Pacquiao 4...I'm there!
                Anyone who believes this number is a fool.

Comment

Going in I thought that this fight would do about 7 hundo. If 1.4 is true then I was way off. Good job by Pac and Top Rank. If it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                    Going in I thought that this fight would do about 7 hundo. If 1.4 is true then I was way off. Good job by Pac and Top Rank. If it's true.
                    Don't feel bad.... a lot of people though that.
                    Wouldn't be wrong to think that. Him and Money pulled like 1 million on a Mexican Holiday.

Comment

Working...
                    X