Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Cotto-Margarito Frenzy Proves Boxing Still Strong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as boxing is legal it will always have a fanbase. Combat sports has been around for a long time, in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
      I think boxing will benefit from the departure of Floyd and Manny. Than maybe we can see all these fighters actually fight eachother instead of holding out for a shot at the big two.
      You still got boxers who're supposed to be future starts holding out. Khan and Bradley (doesn't matter whose fault it is, it's not getting made).... well actually Khan and several other people.
      Canelo and a legit opponent, JCC jr and a legit opponent and so on. Those are the name people right now that a casual fan would probably recognize.
      IMO, Berto and Ortiz are making me proud though. Making a fight people want to see and not *****ing about money are B.S like that. I wish it was back in the East Coast, but I'm just glad it's going down.

Comment

Boxing will always be on top. Hands down. There will always be at least 2 mega ppv draws who carry the sport. Ufc tried to call out boxing but look what happened? Ufc is starting to peak and their numbers are showing it. Ufc 2011 ppvs are only averaging 350,000 ppv buys a ppv show i believe (down over 200k from last year). Mayweather-ortiz did 1.25 mil, pac-mosley 1.4, and pac-marquez 3 is rumored to be around 1.4. Cotto-margarito should do between 600k-750k. Thats all in one year. And I won't even compare the revenue from the live gates and fighters salaries compared to UFC. No comparison. Yeah, the UFC got a fox deal, but is that really gona make the sport grow by showcasing a minute long fight. I believe the rating for those peaked at 8.8 mil viewers. Not bad, but if you showcased one of boxings popular fighters on free network television, the fight would generate a ratings of over 20 mil viewers easily. Thats why boxing will stick with ppv, they don't need network television.

Comment

bob arum's a scumbag

Comment

mexican fighters always sell out in mexico and mexican fighters and mexican fans are the ones who really keep this sport alive, puerto ricans have nobody to cheer for so they watch mexican fighters and hate on the mexicans sucess while they show how jealous they are, lol, when you see the ratings from mexicos rating or see the fights in pro mexico venues in the u.s or mexico, they are huge

mayweather has to fight on cinco de mayo so he can get mexican viewership and while getting a mexican undercards so the important mexican fans can buy his crap fights

the only reason i bought mayweathers fight vs ortiz was too see morales fight

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
              mexican fighters always sell out in mexico and mexican fighters and mexican fans are the ones who really keep this sport alive, puerto ricans have nobody to cheer for so they watch mexican fighters and hate on the mexicans sucess while they show how jealous they are, lol, when you see the ratings from mexicos rating or see the fights in pro mexico venues in the u.s or mexico, they are huge

mayweather has to fight on cinco de mayo so he can get mexican viewership and while getting a mexican undercards so the important mexican fans can buy his crap fights

El primer lambe bicho... First one to bring up that race ****. And have to hate on a Boricua already, your insecurity is beyond me cabron. Ricans have plenty of talent to cheer for buddy trust me, Del Valle is just one of our great prospects. Don't get gassed either, I love Mexican fighters but at the moment none with a future are that great. Marquez is one of my fav's but he's on his way out, Ortiz is a quitter, Angulo, Chavez, and Jr. all get outclassed by Cotto -- did you see Canelo's struggle with that Gomez cat Cotto played with several years ago? You guys have a great fighter in Rios, I like him, and I like Mexico so I'm not going in on your race just bc of you. Boricuas buy tickets to see Mexicans, Philipinos, Americans, all types of fighters, just like anyone else. Mexicans aint keeping boxing alive; how many Mexicans are selling out the arenas in Europe? Fans of boxing are keeping boxing alive.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                El primer lambe bicho... First one to bring up that race ****. And have to hate on a Boricua already, your insecurity is beyond me cabron. Ricans have plenty of talent to cheer for buddy trust me, Del Valle is just one of our great prospects. Don't get gassed either, I love Mexican fighters but at the moment none with a future are that great. Marquez is one of my fav's but he's on his way out, Ortiz is a quitter, Angulo, Chavez, and Jr. all get outclassed by Cotto -- did you see Canelo's struggle with that Gomez cat Cotto played with several years ago? You guys have a great fighter in Rios, I like him, and I like Mexico so I'm not going in on your race just bc of you. Boricuas buy tickets to see Mexicans, Philipinos, Americans, all types of fighters, just like anyone else. Mexicans aint keeping boxing alive; how many Mexicans are selling out the arenas in Europe? Fans of boxing are keeping boxing alive.
                siempre hay uno... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                  Excellent rebuttal bro.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    i agree once the 3 cash cows retire boxing wont be sought after cotto floyd pac keep boxing alive right now we need some new stars to replace them
                    word!!!!....Cinnamon Boy, Amir Khan, Broner, Donaire, and a few others seem to be ready to replace those 3

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X