Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Margarito will beat Cotto...? (VIDEO inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I hope that video was taken on the first day of camp because Margarito was slow, sluggish, footwork was trash, and got pounded with a few combos.

If he looked like that.......he is going down.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Z05bceldc

@4:55 Video can't be embedded.

Please, he has much less left in the tank than Cotto does. Not to mention boxers like Miguel who have stronger fundamentals can rely on that once they lose a step or two.

But back to the video, look at how slow Margarito looks and all the combos he's being caught with. He's definitely suffered from the wars he's gone thru. Tony might have his 2-3 moments but I just don't see him troubling Cotto at all.
      Well, let's remember that Marg is training in a low oxygen climate. It's tough up there to keep your stamina.

Comment

I did not like Cotto vs. Mayorga because Cotto's defense seemed a bit sloppy at times. He was tagged with wild shots and had a few problems with Mayorga here and there. Overall, he dominated but did not look as sharp as I expected.

Against Yuri Foreman, I thought he worked in a spectacular way. Some biased fans say that he fought a one legged fighter but the truth is he was dominating him before the injury happened. He was easily outboxing Yuri and looking as skilled as ever.

I know styles make fights so, probably, Cotto's gameplan will look different than in both of those fights. Each fight is a new situation and he has to adjust accordingly.

Comment

That guy is ****ing Margarito up in sparring!!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
            I did not like Cotto vs. Mayorga because Cotto's defense seemed a bit sloppy at times. He was tagged with wild shots and had a few problems with Mayorga here and there. Overall, he dominated but did not look as sharp as I expected.Against Yuri Foreman, I thought he worked in a spectacular way. Some biased fans say that he fought a one legged fighter but the truth is he was dominating him before the injury happened. He was easily outboxing Yuri and looking as skilled as ever.

I know styles make fights so, probably, Cotto's gameplan will look different than in both of those fights. Each fight is a new situation and he has to adjust accordingly.
            Mayorca has a "wild and crazy" figthing style. Extremely random and overall dificult to "read".

Lastly, he has/had a very good jaw and Cotto put him down with one punch and made him quit. Hit him so hard he was thinking that he broke his hand. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
              Mayorca has a "wild and crazy" figthing style. Extremely random and overall dificult to "read".

Lastly, he has/had a very good jaw and Cotto put him down with one punch and made him quit. Hit him so hard he was thinking that he broke his hand. lol
              I know, I just expected Cotto to stop him in the middle rounds considering how worn out Mayorga is, but a win is a win. That left hook in the 12th was great though.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                That guy is ****ing Margarito up in sparring!!! lol
                With the small clips they showed I wouldnt come to that conclusion so fast, They likely showed what they wanted You (Cotto) to see...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  but hes always been slow...he was slow 3 years ago and that didnt seem to matter. his conditioning is amazing he could probably 20 rounds if he had to
                  He was way sharper back in 07. Compare his fights against Cintron/Williams/Martinez/Cotto to his recent ones. He is on the worst decline (compared to Cotto).

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
                    Cotto has more left in the tank.

Whoever wants to get a bet going, let me know. I'll even do one that Cotto doesn't touch the canvas once.
                    Ill take you up on that bet....

Cotto will touch the canvass

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
                      With the small clips they showed I wouldnt come to that conclusion so fast, They likely showed what they wanted You (Cotto) to see...
                      I don't know man, he got caught with 2-3 bombs in seconds... Isn't that the Puertorican guy, **** don't remember his name...

Comment

Working...
                      X