Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a Mexican, I'm starting to lean towards Cotto....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a Mexican, I'm starting to lean towards Cotto....

I have e-points and real money on Marg and still think he has the advantage but something inside of me tells me Cotto is becoming more and more the favorite in this fight.

I understand all the pluses and negatives each fighter has but the eye of Marg really concerns me. I don't think the wraps had anything to do with for the record.

Not because I want to give Marg an excuse or think that loading your gloves won't matter but it wasn't a brick that fell out of Marg's gloves like most think. It was the wraps, the color of the wraps and when analyzed what elements were found in them.

Saying that, I think Marg might be a little more shop worn and wonder how badly the vision is in his right eye. Cotto isn't the same fighter either but maybe he can box his way to a UD in this one.

As the fight gets closer, I'm starting to think it will be closer than I first thought.

Unless Cotto's stamina has improved, this will be another tight one.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Unless Cotto's stamina has improved, this will be another tight one.
      Yea that's why I took the bets with Marg but I have to see what Marg does in the first 3-4 rounds.

I wonder if he will truly use the jab which could be a HUGE advantage for him because of size and length. he says every fight he will and never does.

The only time I saw him use it effectively was in the Paul Williams fight.

Comment

cotto's stamina will definitely be improved. . . he will get 50 miles per gallon, rather than the 25 he did last time. . . margarito is just too easy to hit. . . cotto will transition his offense and defense MUCH better, and more efficiently. . . .

Comment

You're seeing the light! Amen bother!!!

Comment

Lets not forget what Cotto was doing to Marg before the late rounds. If he does the same, my guess is he'll do better, but if the same and there is any problems with the eye, be sure they will stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
              cotto's stamina will definitely be improved. . . he will get 50 miles per gallon, rather than the 25 he did last time. . . margarito is just too easy to hit. . . cotto will transition his offense and defense MUCH better, and more efficiently. . . .
              Let's remember one thing though, Marg hitting him to the body was also a factor as to why he felt weak in the later rounds.

I don't buy that excuse that he didn't train properly or something was wrong with his endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                Yea that's why I took the bets with Marg but I have to see what Marg does in the first 3-4 rounds.

I wonder if he will truly use the jab which could be a HUGE advantage for him because of size and length. he says every fight he will and never does.

The only time I saw him use it effectively was in the Paul Williams fight.
                LOL he used the jab pretty well against Santos and Clottey. He'll need to do it again here. I see a multitude of ways Tony can win (if he isn't ready for the retirement home, which he might be). But like I said, it comes down to Cotto's stamina which has never, ever been good - as far back as the N'Dou fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  LOL he used the jab pretty well against Santos and Clottey. He'll need to do it again here. I see a multitude of ways Tony can win (if he isn't ready for the retirement home, which he might be). But like I said, it comes down to Cotto's stamina which has never, ever been good - as far back as the N'Dou fight.
                  Vs Clottey it's easier to use the jab because Clottey doesn't throw. Vs Santos it was also a war both times.

Only against Williams did I really see him use it effectively against a volume puncher like himself AND catch the jab in return. People think of Marg as this rudimentary brawler but he has decent boxing technique.

Cotto was also hurt in round 2 of the first fight against Marg. His nose was broken in one shot and that made the rest of the fight miserable. I have fought with a broken nose and it sucks, you can't breath properly.

Marg will touch him no doubt but how much does he have left? I think that's the question.

Comment

Never go against la raza, you will regret this.

Comment

Working...
                    X