Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does betting on fights ruin the experience?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwing 20 or so in a pot is cool. But actually going out and betting, no.

Comment

im from the uk n marquez was 15/1 to win a decision vs pac n i put £1000 on it was gutted when the scorecards was called out (i was already spending the £15000 in my head lol)

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
        im from the uk n marquez was 15/1 to win a decision vs pac n i put £1000 on it was gutted when the scorecards was called out (i was already spending the £15000 in my head lol)
        Wow. Man, I can't even bring myself to spend 10 quid on a bet. How do you do it? No offence, I think it's a mix of courage and recklessness.

How did you take it really? Did you smash up the place??

Comment

Only if you're not personally invested in the option you chose to bet on (which admittedly can be frequent). Otherwise it often makes it better.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
            Wow. Man, I can't even bring myself to spend 10 quid on a bet. How do you do it? No offence, I think it's a mix of courage and recklessness.

How did you take it really? Did you smash up the place??
            at the place i work if you put someones name forward 4 a job n they r successful then u get a bonus (i picked up £3500) n i put some away 4 a holiday n used the rest on the bet (im only 20 n still live with parents so no bills either)

Comment

Not sure if it ruins the experience....

But I never really liked betting on boxing fights, or really for any sports for that matter. The only betting I do is in Vegas on cards or slots..etc

Comment

depends on how much you bet.

I've had some small bets I made and I didn't give a **** I was wrong because it was so entertaining.

Larger bets, better believe it can ruin it!

Comment

It makes it more interesting to me, if I am on the wrong end it can be upsetting but I always make a point of trying to learn why I went wrong.

I guess one could do that with out gambling but it really makes me think about the sport in depth and not allow me to lie to myself when I am wrong or I would be throwing good money after bad~.
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 12-02-2011, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Makes somee fights more interesting.

Comment

betting makes things more interesting for me. not only am I excited about the fight but I have something invested in it. that gets me more into it. if I lose, then there's more disappointment having lost a little bit of dough but if I win the celebration is even greater.

Comment

Working...
                      X