Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Miquel Cotto vs Antonio Margarito & undercards RbR and discussion thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
      Haha bro, looks like that dude totally took a dive. He stands there looking straight at Margarito throwing a punch, takes it on the chin, and falls down. Im not saying he faked being knocked down or hurt, but he definitely didn't try to get out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by Underated Boxer View Post
        You best book mark this video for sunday morning

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
          Cotto stops him before 12. Thats my prediction.
          Either: 1. He tears that eye up and it begins to bleed in 4 or 5 and badly opens until round 8 or 9 when they stop it, or 2. Cottos effective boxing and body punches begin to slow down Margarito; Cotto begins picking his spots around round 5, Margarito's defense is **** by round 7 as he gets reckless and tagged over and over again, hurt by round 9 or 10, and stopped in 10 or 11.
          I know most people expect Cotto to box and try to cruise to a UD, but when someone has true passion, true anger, amazing things happen. Unlike his last few fights, Cotto truly wants to hurt Margarito and he will dig in because of that reason.
          But for the sake of not feeling like an idiot, it is very likely Cotto will box and popshot his way to a decision and avoid trying to put punches together to hurt Margarito.
          Those are some good possibilities. Will be interesting, Im really looking foward to those two initial rounds.....will Margarito have no respect for Cotto's power? Will Cotto venture and "test" Margarito's? Fugg!!!

Comment

You best book mark this video for sunday morning
            cottos got this.

Comment

cottos got this.
              Well thats why we have this rematch right? However if that eye doesnt bust up Cotto has his work cut out for him and you know this

Comment

Well thats why we have this rematch right? However if that eye doesnt bust up Cotto has his work cut out for him and you know this
                cotto dont need that eye to bust up, hes always been the much better boxer. Cotto had the wrong game plan the first fight, he had no ring generalship, used to much energy running the hole fight and gassed out. Cotto just needs to be the real cotto and none of that running bull**** and he wins. The way cotto beat mosley and and judah is how he needs to beat marg, be aggresive and fight with fire. Cotto will win this time, evangelista was scared of marg so he made cotto run the hole fight, cottos new cuban trainer aint.

Comment

Cotto will bring his A game and make Margarito pay...!

Comment

cotto dont need that eye to bust up, hes always been the much better boxer. Cotto had the wrong game plan the first fight, he had no ring generalship, used to much energy running the hole fight and gassed out. Cotto just needs to be the real cotto and none of that running bull**** and he wins. The way cotto beat mosley and and judah is how he needs to beat marg, be aggresive and fight with fire. Cotto will win this time, evangelista was scared of marg so he made cotto run the hole fight, cottos new cuban trainer aint.
                    Well according to Cotto it was "Plaster" so which is it? Wrong game plan or Plaster?

Lets be real it was the wrong game plan wrong style, you cant teach and old dog new tricks Cotto may have a new style for the first couple rounds but once Tony solves that puzzle and starts to nail his ass he will revert back to what he does best.

This is going to be a great fight, I would love to See Mrs Margarito smack the **** out of Mrs Cotto ringside for trash talking her husband on HBO

Comment

Both guys have looked average/terrible since they last fought.

I think there best days are behind them but looking at the fight as a whole the weight favors Margarito and he also is full of confidence knowing that he can beat Cotto and even forced Cotto to quit the first time around.

What works in Cotto's favor is just how bad is Tony's eye ? If that eye is as bad as it looks then Cotto's chances of winning go right up.

If not, then i think Cotto is in for another tough night.

I don't see the eye being much of an issue on the night but there is always a chance something can go wrong.

I see it going similar to the first fight with Cotto outboxing Margarito from the outside and then Margarito breaking him down as the fight goes on with Margarito again stopping him late.

I just don't think Cotto has the ability to pull off the gameplan Mosley did to defeat Margarito and he doesn't have the stamina to do what Williams did against Margarito. I actually think Cotto tried to copy Williams gameplan against Tony in the first fight but lacked the size, reach, stamina or chin to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X