Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple question: Do you like Antonio Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
    Three words: Illegal hand wraps
    I agree with this.

I do like the way he fights and was starting to become a big fan before the hand wraps issue but i can't like him after that.

Comment

as a person NO, but as a fighter, he is always in an entertaining fight and I have NO Hate for the man ...

Comment

Scum, and shouldn't be allowed to box again. Loading your hands is just about the worst thing you can do in boxing IMO and it's pretty disgusting that he is allowed to continue to make millions from the sport he clearly has no respect for.

Comment

I was a fan of his before the wrap scandal, can't support a proven cheater. Just to think that he could've use that **** against Cotto, Williams, Cintron, etc... **** him.

Comment

F#ck em....

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
              Imagining that the handwraps controversy never took place and I would have to judge him for his performances and fighting spirit alone, I would say yes. The guy likes to fight and was always relentless. He's had some really entertaining fights like the ones against Antonio Díaz, Daniel Santos, Kermit Cintrón, and so on.
              I feel the same way. I remember that I was looking forward to his title defenses after his upset over Cotto. I liked his personality and his entertaining style. Ever since the controversy, I haven't liked him as much.

Comment

I've lost my respect for him after he tried to cheat. He's a true warrior though, you can't take that away from him. But since the match against Mosley, I will never root for Margarito again.

Comment

I liked him and his style before he got caught with wraps. After that, F him.

Comment

A great fighter who goes to the body and always comes forward, he has the heart of a lion, balls of steel, a rock solid chin, and he made kneeguel quit, what's not to like about him?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i respect his commitment to the sport
                      he's as well conditioned and as steady mentally as any man in boxing

that being said, if he loaded his gloves against cotto and cintron and johnson i hope he has a long stay in hell
                      they will carry those beatings with them for the rest of their lives

cotto certainly was never the same after that fight
                      anybody who says otherwise didnt watch cotto in his prime when he was a special fighter
                      he wasnt the same because it was the first time he tasted defeat,what happen with torres?..he almost got K.O and IMO he never had the heart,talent yes,but not the heart..BTW i DO like margarito..

Comment

Working...
                      X