Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nobuhiro Ishida the most Underrated Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ishida ducked Avtandil Khurtsidze to fight a guy making his pro debut. Respect has gone down a bit.

Comment

Ishida gets respect for coming into a fight where he was expected, almost guaranteed to lose. He won.

Canelo wouldn't even fight a match where he was expected to lose... ala Martinez.

Nor does Chavez Jr.

So let's not go overboard here. Ishida is decent, he should fight better competition to see his real positioning in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Not exactly. A lot of japanese fighters just aren't heard of, mostly because they stay in Japan.

But the ones that branch out are normally respected. Ishida definitely raised his stock with this fight but he should take on some more well known people if you mean, why he isn't top 10 p4p etc.
        Why would he be top 10p4p? Who has he beat to deserve that? Has he cleaned out JMW yet? He still has a lot of names to go through at 154 before you can say that.

Comment

Originally posted by PSVITA View Post
          Ishida raped Kirkland and he would rape him again if they fought again. Kirkland isn't that good. He's more like the ultimate slugger, but against any skilled opponent he would fold. Same with Angulo.
          Haha somehow I don't think so. Why has Ishida been hiding away then? He hasn't done anything since then. At this point Kirkland is showing improvement and fighting tougher fights. By the time they do have the rematch Kirkland will be so much better than Ishida if he continues to hide in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
            Why would he be top 10p4p? Who has he beat to deserve that? Has he cleaned out JMW yet? He still has a lot of names to go through at 154 before you can say that.
            I was asking the TS if he meant underrated by him not being top 10 p4p or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
              Haha somehow I don't think so. Why has Ishida been hiding away then? He hasn't done anything since then. At this point Kirkland is showing improvement and fighting tougher fights. By the time they do have the rematch Kirkland will be so much better than Ishida if he continues to hide in Japan.
              Hes been calling for a Kirkland rematch and for fights with Martinez, Chavez Jr., and the Punisher. It isn't easy for a foreigner to get fights in the States you know.....

Comment

Working...
              X