Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Oh rankings are shit now, but then you were talking about he hasn't fought a top 10 fighter.

You are all for him vs Kirkland, but what do you feel about him vs Mayweather. Which fight is he most likely to lose?
    Against Kirkland 50/50. KO is definitely going to happen

Against Mayweather, ill say 65/35 in favor of Floyd, but it wont end in KO.

Comment

The 154 division is stacked. If he doesn't get Mayweather next, he'd probably fight one of the top 10 JMW. Boxing fans are so impatient.

Comment

He wasn't eating anything at all. How many clean punches did Gomez really land? What I saw was Canelo playing around, using his shoulder roll, calming down after the KD once he saw he can hurt the guy.
        I don't know why Canelo would play around, but I guess.

Here's the thing. The kid has been a pro for like 6 years now. I think he won his first title like 3-4 years ago.

Since he's became the WBC champ, he's had like 6-7 title defenses against bums.

Come on Kev, you know Cintron wasn't anything close to the Cintron that KO'd Mathysse in '07. Cintron hasn't really been the same for the last few years.

Listen, I don't mind if Canelo needs time to groom. He can be like Paul Spadafora for the rest of his career; undefeated fighting nobody's. But he needs to do that on his own time. Do it on ESPN or something.

Don't throw Canelo in some Main Event or Co-main event and have me thinking we're going to see a competitive fight, when at the end of the day, the kid is fighting some loser. When you have a division as stacked as 154, why is the WBC champion fighting the loser between Cintron-Molina. Honestly, Cintron-Molina wasn't even an eliminator type fight to begin with. The only reason Molina is getting all this publicity is because he's like the Carlos Baldomir of '06.

Point is, 154 is too stacked for me to be hearing "let the champ grow". No, if he's not ready, then go to ESPN or Telemundo.
        Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-28-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

The 154 division is stacked. If he doesn't get Mayweather next, he'd probably fight one of the top 10 JMW. Boxing fans are so impatient.
          name me some acceptable fights for him at 154 not named Kirkland?

Or the ones i named previously Foreman, Julio, or Angulo.

Go

Hey he could fight Dzinzuruk and ill still give most credit.

Cintron are you kidding me?

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
            Against Kirkland 50/50. KO is definitely going to happen

Against Mayweather, ill say 65/35 in favor of Floyd, but it wont end in KO.
            So you are mad at him for wanting a fight he has a high chance of losing in, and instead want him to fight a fighter where it would be 50-50? I don't get it. Where is the problem?

Comment

So you are mad at him for wanting a fight he has a high chance of losing in, and instead want him to fight a fighter where it would be 50-50? I don't get it. Where is the problem?
              Unless your Pacquiao losing to Mayweather DOES NOT set your career back. It may even enchance it in losing.

IE: Ortiz gets bigger paydays now, and have more American recognition.

Im glad you dont want champions fighting other champions, but instead losers who just lost.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                Lol u just got owned baddddddddd. See how u just talk out your butt
                I'm not sure what you're talking about, but ok. I could've easily lied, but I honestly forgot. It was a flash knockdown, early in the first round.

In fact, the knockdown was the only reason Canelo won the round. In the 6th round, or whatever round the ref stopped the fight, the only reason Canelo won that round is because the ref stopped the fight.

Don't get me wrong, at the end of the day, Canelo beat Gomez; but that doesn't change the fact that he was losing the fight. Playing with him or not, he was losing the fight.

Comment

He had a high chance of losing against Cintron?
                  Maybe in a diving contest

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    name me some acceptable fights for him at 154 not named Kirkland?

Or the ones i named previously Foreman, Julio, or Angulo.

Go

Hey he could fight Dzinzuruk and ill still give most credit.

Cintron are you kidding me?
                    Angulo? has the least chance of Mayweather, Kirkland, and him. What Julio are you talking about? Foreman? he just lost to Wolak.

Comment

Angulo? has the least chance of Mayweather, Kirkland, and him. What Julio are you talking about? Foreman? he just lost to Wolak.
                      Joel Julio who is probably shot to **** is still better than Cintron.
                      Same with Foreman.

Now i dont want him to fight either of those guys but they are still more credible than Cintron.

Comment

Working...
                      X