Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I read boxrec correctly? Did the judges have Alvarez ahead before the ref stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    So you believe he's not really good and it's just because of his popularity, so why you want him to fight the best? You believe he's not one of the best, that he's just popular. So he's green, why not let him develop more and then fight the best little by little. What is the difference between Cotto vs Mayorga/Foreman, and Canelo vs Cintron/Rhodes? Neither of them are exactly beating the best, yet they're the #1 and #2...but Cotto gets a pass over a 21-22 year old.

Did you know he was number 8-10 when he fought #4 ranked Ryan Rhodes, right?
    Foreman at that time is wayyy better than current cintron/rhodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
      **** man, its like some of these people dont watch boxing. Canelo toyed with that kid to get rounds in and test his ****ty shoulder roll. He coulda taken Gomez out in 30seconds.

These same idiots also thought that Broner was struggling in round 2 lol.
      No, I think YOU don't watch boxing. See my last post.

Comment

PPL also forget that alot of posters favored Foreman to beat Cotto and be too quick easily outboxing him.

Comment

Yeah, way better, a world beater, top 10 P4P fighter.

Foreman vs Cintron/Rhodes would have been a mismatch

Comment

I am not even a Canelo fan. These kinds of threads are stupid.

See for example, "he hasn't fought a top 10 yet in his entire career", yet Ryan Rhodes was ranked #4 by The Ring and Canelo shut him out.

Like, you don't even know what you are talking about.
            rankings are **** and you know it.

I look at abilities.

I bet you dont think Pacquiao is better than JMM. Thought so.

Hell if you dont want to put him in with Kirkland, atleast someone who is not shot to ****, Angulo and im fine with it. Hell even Joel Julio, or Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              PPL also forget that alot of posters favored Foreman to beat Cotto and be too quick easily outboxing him.
              I thought that. If his leg didnt **** up i think he woulda beat him too barring corrupt judges

NOBODY favored cintron to win it, other than the ones who hyped him just so it looks like canelo got a legit win.

Comment

rankings are **** and you know it.

I look at abilities.

I bet you dont think Pacquiao is better than JMM. Thought so.

Hell if you dont want to put him in with Kirkland, atleast someone who is not shot to ****, Angulo and im fine with it. Hell even Joel Julio, or Foreman.
                Oh rankings are shit now, but then you were talking about he hasn't fought a top 10 fighter.

You are all for him vs Kirkland, but what do you feel about him vs Mayweather. Which fight is he most likely to lose?

Comment

**** man, its like some of these people dont watch boxing. Canelo toyed with that kid to get rounds in and test his ****ty shoulder roll. He coulda taken Gomez out in 30seconds.

These same idiots also thought that Broner was struggling in round 2 lol.

Yup I clearly saw canelo playing with Gomez all he was even doing his floyd mayweather impression... he was toying literally sparring with Gomez .. its like he knew he could knock Gomez out when he chose. He just simply decided to toy around and play with Gomez ....

Reminded me of a cat playing with a rat .......

All canelo did was practice new stuff on him lmao

Comment

I thought that. If his leg didnt **** up i think he woulda beat him too barring corrupt judges

NOBODY favored cintron to win it, other than the ones who hyped him just so it looks like canelo got a legit win.
                    He does need to step it up time to fight legit world class guys, don't care if he is 21 he is walking around with a belt signifying himself as a world champion I.E the best so he needs to prove it now.

Comment

So you believe he's not really good and it's just because of his popularity, so why you want him to fight the best? You believe he's not one of the best, that he's just popular. So he's green, why not let him develop more and then fight the best little by little. What is the difference between Cotto vs Mayorga/Foreman, and Canelo vs Cintron/Rhodes? Neither of them are exactly beating the best, yet they're the #1 and #2...but Cotto gets a pass over a 21-22 year old.

Did you know he was number 8-10 when he fought #4 ranked Ryan Rhodes, right?
                      I'm not saying he sucks, I pointed out earlier that he's talented and I believe that he has more room to grow and develop... but he still hasn't proven himself to be the number 2 in his division. Kudos for taking on Ryan Rhodes, but other than that he fought 2 welterweights and a Cintron who's clearly done.
                      As for Cotto, I don't know why he's number one. He might be the best JMW, but he hasn't made enough noise in that division IMO to be ranked number one. Yuri's a good boxer, but when Cotto fought him he was fighting him with a bum knee that kept giving out... didn't have Yuri that high on my list anyway either. Mayorga... that dude's crazy, and if I remember correctly he spent the whole fight trying to land bombs. Again, I don't think that win warranted him being ranked high either.
                      Again, this is just my personal opinion. I'm aware he was ranked number 8... apparently he jumped on after beating Ndou.... another welterweight who jumped up to fight Alvarez.
                      I don't know, I just fell that he's ranked so high on the list but in the year he's been on there, he's fought 3 WW out of 5 opponents.
                      I respect your opinion though
                      Last edited by Hougigo; 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X