Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects De La Hoya To Get Him Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd would clown him around for 12 rounds....

Comment

Who honestly wants to see this bull****. All these ******* with padded records expecting a fight they didnt earn.

Comment

This would be a huge and entertaining fight. I think it would be a tougher fight than the Mosley and Ortiz fight put together. Very dangerous fight for Floyd. But Schaefer said 2 years ago that they were going to make this fight.

In all honesty, I wouldn't take this fight if I was Floyd. Canelo needs to fight the up and comers like himself. Floyd needs to stick to veteran fighters like himself. Meaning Pacquiao, Cotto,and Martinez. After that, retire. Canelo is a big name in Mexico, but he has not fought or beat anyone to deserve to be in the ring with Floyd. I can understand Floyd and Manny giving Amir Khan and Timothy Bradley an opportunity to shine on the big stage. They both have fought the best guys, except each other, in their division.They have earned the right to make a huge payday and have the paton past on to them.

Guys like Canelo, Chavez Jr,and Guerrero have not earned that right. Canelo needs to unify his division. He needs to fight the winner of Cotto/Margarito and James Kirkland, and Bundrage. If he beats them, then Floyd should give him the fight. I think it would be worth it to fight for the undisputed Jr Middleweight Championship. But to just fight him in May of next year, too much to lose and too little to gain at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Plaza Mexico, Mexico City - As BoxingScene.com previously reported, WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (39-0, 29KOs) issued a challenge to the WBC's welterweight champion, Floyd Mayweather Jr. (42-0, 26KOs). The young Mexican star, shortly after his fifth round stoppage of Kermit Cintron, called for a Mayweather showdown in May.

[Click Here To Read More]
          GTFOH....Kirkland ate the dog food and now he should have some cinnamon on the menu!!!....yea, this is going down as a duck...chalk that one up....I hope K9 steps up and gives Kirkland a shot since lil sweet ass cinnamon is calling out WW's....Kirkland calls out the biggest and strongest in his OWN division like WHO's NESS!(in Sam Peter's voice)

Comment

Kids these days, I tell you. Why not go after Chavez Jr, for the Mega fight in Mexico?, or ask for the winner of the Cotto/Margarito?. Like , SekondzOut stated, Kirkland deserves a shot. I expect Golden Boy to continue to line up easy fights.

Comment

147 or 154?

Comment

Sure, it'd be a big PPV bout, but no way should Alvarez fight Floyd next.

Why not fight Floyd in May 2013, after Floyd has fought either Khan-Pacquiao-Martinez, and after Alvarez fights someone like Cotto-Lara-Kirkland???

It looks like Chavez Jr and Alvarez is not happening, and that's a big mistake by Alvarez. Sure, Julio comes in at like 180 lbs on fight night, but Alvarez still comes in from 165-170 on fight night, and is better technically than Julio. He should just take the Chavez Jr fight in March, and beat him, than move on to Cotto, Kirkland, etc. That will make Canelo legit, not calling out the top fighter in the sport.

I get it, Alvarez wants a fight with Floyd, so does everyone. Alvarez should fight another top 154 lb fighter: Kirkland, Cotto-Margarito II winner, Lara, Martirosyan, Bundrage, Trout-Mundine winner, Williams-Molina winner, Angulo, etc. There are plenty of fights at 154 lbs for Alvarez to become legit and so we can see if he's going to take major strides at 22-23 years old the next couple years.

Comment

Hell no, May vs Pac or bust.

Comment

Dilusional to beat a shot Cintron and call Mayweather. Canelo needs to stay away from the pipe. Mayweather would embarrass this kid like He did Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      GTFOH....Kirkland ate the dog food and now he should have some cinnamon on the menu!!!....yea, this is going down as a duck...chalk that one up....I hope K9 steps up and gives Kirkland a shot since lil sweet ass cinnamon is calling out WW's....Kirkland calls out the biggest and strongest in his OWN division like WHO's NESS!(in Sam Peter's voice)
                      Hopefully Williams fights Molina, Trout fights Mundine, and than Bundrage will give Kirkland a shot at the title.

Saul Alvarez
                      Cornelius Bundrage
                      Miguel Cotto
                      James Kirkland
                      Austin Trout
                      Erislandy Lara
                      Alfredo Angulo
                      Carlos Molina
                      Paul Williams
                      Vanes Martirosyan

There are plenty of good fights to be made at 154 for Alvarez. He needs to step up now. If Cintron was a minor step up, which it was, Kermit is better than Gomez, Hatton, and Rhodes, but he's proved he can handle that fine. He needs to fight someone like Martirosyan, Trout, Bundrage, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X